Bank Savings Interest Rates

righthoo ,so @ chang mai when does the governent will issue its next bond tranche at which rate ??

wbr roobaa01

It doesn't matter because only very very few influential, very wealthy and well connected farangs will be able to participate in their purchase, typically they are all sold out before start of business on launch day.

righthoo ,so @ chang mai when does the governent will issue its next bond tranche at which rate ??

wbr roobaa01

they still have 30% of the last lot of bonds that they cant sell.not absolutely sure but they are going on offer again.

3.25% over 5yrs.

wbr roobaa01

they still have 30% of the last lot of bonds that they cant sell.not absolutely sure but they are going on offer again.

3.25% over 5yrs.

I think buyers are a little nervous given the current political state here

As for currently my fav...Mee Tae Dai at Ayudhya/Krungsri is down to 2% sad.png

I have been lazy to move as I really like the ease of the online juggling of funds etc.

Not to mention all my US FBAR info already set & easy to do my yearly reports/confessions

But I guess I may start to look around now sad.png

looks like a lean time ahead for us savers,the big 2 are not giving nothing,rakeing in tooooooooooooooo much.

the next few weeks we are going to be on the prowl for something decent,2,3,5yrs fixed interest paid monthly.

there are a couple that the wife is going to check out,but they have strings attached.

will report back.

well guys here it is,LEAN AND MEAN.

land and house bank 2.70% fixed over 18months,interest paid monthly into a current acc.paying 2% up to 500,000bht.

over that is 2%+ not sure what.

as they say HALF A LOAF IS BETTER THAN NONE.

we should be getting the big boys profit for the first 3months shortly,could be they are making sooooooooooooooooooo

MUCH they wont give any back.

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch, I see that BOT has just cut its rate again, this time to 1.5%, expect savings rates to follow suit. I'm in the UK currently and things are no better over here so you're not alone. Perhaps still time to take advantage of UOB 2.8% for nine months, that was the last "decent" rate I saw before I left.

Ouch, I see that BOT has just cut its rate again, this time to 1.5%, expect savings rates to follow suit.

Conversely, the currency should now weaken, giving us more Baht for our foreign notes.

Conversely, the currency should now weaken, giving us more Baht for our foreign notes.

Obversely, expats, mainly pensioners I suspect, those who derive their income from low risk, mostly tax free offshore fixed rate deposits, will suffer.

Yes John, I know John!

Obversely, expats, mainly pensioners I suspect, those who derive their income from low risk, mostly tax free offshore fixed rate deposits, will suffer.

Wrong way round. Expats with income from abroad will benefit: their money should buy more baht.

Wrong way round. Expats with income from abroad will benefit: their money should buy more baht.

And just to confirm what I wrote, I've just read:

"The baht weakened 0.6% to 32.788 a dollar as of 3.46pm"

Sorry, I meant to imply offshore as in offshore UK, apologies if that was not entirely clear but after all, this is a thread about fixed rate deposits in Thailand.

And if you've followed this thread for any length of time you will have noted the extent to which UK pensioners in particular continue to seek out fixed rate deposits in Thailand, it is those people I refer to.

I bought some THB yesterday afternoon ... got almost 1% more than if I had bought it the day before smile.png ... it will probably improve more again today though (GBP-THB)sad.png

Ouch, I see that BOT has just cut its rate again, this time to 1.5%, expect savings rates to follow suit.

yes if your baht is already here there's not much to be done about it, I have baht here already in an interest earning account for a fixed term and I'm about to transfer a sizeable amount the next few days, every 1baht change in rate 50-51 gives me roughly 20k baht more so in the last week or so holding back has gained me almost 80k baht, the question yesterday was do I pull the trigger or wait until after the bank holidays next week, into the mix are the rate cut in Thailand - the greek debacle and the UK elections which could move things suddenly either way, no choice now but to wait

good news from scb, 2.8 % 12 months, 2.6 % 6 months for fixed deposits.

only a of min 1000 mill. thb respectively 500 mill. thb as deposit is required 5555555

That sounds interesting. However, when I look at the SCB interest rate sheet (effective May 1st, link below) it says the 12 month accounts are 1.5%, and the 6 month accounts 1.2% for those amount. To be honest, those sound like old rates. Can you provide a link that shows these rates?

http://www.scb.co.th/stocks/media/ratesfees/deposit-en-58-40.pdf

CIMB had a 2.3% for 3months ... I took advantage of it on Thursday as expect rates to fall next week. Money that I keep available for a rainy day but I arranged for some money to come from the UK to replace it.

CIMB had a 2.3% for 3months ... I took advantage of it on Thursday as expect rates to fall next week. Money that I keep available for a rainy day but I arranged for some money to come from the UK to replace it.

The CIMB Thai website's page for deposit interest rates isn't loading for me. It's http://www.cimbthai.com/CIMB/en/rates/deposit_ratesgeneral_and_fdr/

However, looking at the Bank of Thailand website suggests the 3 month rate is 1.05% - https://www.bot.or.th/english/statistics/financialmarkets/interestrate/_layouts/application/interest_rate/IN_Rate.aspx

Care to provide a link to back up your assertion?

good news from scb, 2.8 % 12 months, 2.6 % 6 months for fixed deposits.

only a of min 1000 mill. thb respectively 500 mill. thb as deposit is required 5555555

That sounds interesting. However, when I look at the SCB interest rate sheet (effective May 1st, link below) it says the 12 month accounts are 1.5%, and the 6 month accounts 1.2% for those amount. To be honest, those sound like old rates. Can you provide a link that shows these rates?

http://www.scb.co.th/stocks/media/ratesfees/deposit-en-58-40.pdf

The 1.5% rate is correct I received an Email detailing it from SCB

The CIMB Thai website's page for deposit interest rates isn't loading for me. It's http://www.cimbthai.com/CIMB/en/rates/deposit_ratesgeneral_and_fdr/

However, looking at the Bank of Thailand website suggests the 3 month rate is 1.05% - https://www.bot.or.th/english/statistics/financialmarkets/interestrate/_layouts/application/interest_rate/IN_Rate.aspx

Forget the BOT website which only shows rates for standard duration TDs and never the promotional rates (which are the only ones worth having).

CIMB are indeed currently offering 2.3% as mentioned, and 2% on their instant access account (which has slightly better conditions that the KrungSri equivalent). I have several 14-month TDs with them that will mature in early 2016 paying 3.5%, and one at 2.9% maturing around the same time. I saw the writing on the wall and locked mine in early.

Forget the BOT website which only shows rates for standard duration TDs and never the promotional rates (which are the only ones worth having).

CIMB are indeed currently offering 2.3% as mentioned, and 2% on their instant access account (which has slightly better conditions that the KrungSri equivalent). I have several 14-month TDs with them that will mature in early 2016 paying 3.5%, and one at 2.9% maturing around the same time. I saw the writing on the wall and locked mine in early.

Me too ... I have some at 3.5%/3.2%/2.9% and lastly 2.3% ... also some in the CA at 2% but you have to be careful as they sometimes change the amount you have to have invested to get the higher %age

Here is the CIMB website . http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=th&u=http://www.cimbthai.com/CIMB/en/home/&usg=ALkJrhhs0_punbusAKnuAuKJjUZ33badAw it looks like they are updating as they are not showing the offers. They also have a Senior Citizens offer and a 'so much a month' invest for 2 years ... that was giving 2.6%. These rates may very well bomb next week. If you have missed the boat ... the rates will come back sometime.

Edited by JAS21

Care to provide a link to back up your assertion? OK .. Maybe I'll look in at CIMB tomorrow and see what they are offering ....

post-17329-0-65387800-1430813831_thumb.p

Yes. CIMB 7-month rate down to 2.1 since a day or two ago.

Those other more attractive rates are either Thai-only or they have some specific conditions that make them much less attractive than they appear on the surface.

Looks like Krungsri's Mee Tae Dai account has fallen again to 1.85% (down from 2%) as of their May 8 interest rates update sheet.

The bank had another subsequent interest rates sheet update effective May 13, but it shows the MTD rate continuing at the lower 1.85% rate. Those rates apply to deposits from 100,000 to 10 million baht.

post-58284-0-78458700-1431439618_thumb.j

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/7dbe1cd1-acca-4874-b245-705d8e2a9a8d/Deposit-Rates-13052015.aspx

Somewhat surprisingly, meanwhile, at least as of today, Standard Chartered's Just One Savings account has remained unchanged at 2.5% -- albeit only for balances from 0 to 100,000b.

Looks like Krungsri's Mee Tae Dai account has fallen again to 1.85% (down from 2%) as of their May 8 interest rates update sheet.

The bank had another subsequent interest rates sheet update effective May 13, but it shows the MTD rate continuing at the lower 1.85% rate. Those rates apply to deposits from 100,000 to 10 million baht.

attachicon.gifPS0101.jpg

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/7dbe1cd1-acca-4874-b245-705d8e2a9a8d/Deposit-Rates-13052015.aspx

Somewhat surprisingly, meanwhile, at least as of today, Standard Chartered's Just One Savings account has remained unchanged at 2.5% -- albeit only for balances from 0 to 100,000b.

Only because I'm a lazy bas'tad who doesn't like walking his money around town in athletic socks.....

^&%^%$#@!$%^*()(&^%^%#$$##@

facepalm.gif

I get 2.45% from LH bank for a special savings account , It's not a fixed account. So you can both keep your savings there and use it as a normal account , with atm card and internet banking. To get this good interest rate the deposit must be over 500k.

• Like 2