Seeing People Snap Over Very Little Things

WebBangkok

I really do think you need a week's worth of massages squeezed into your day today anelaine. Go and take a break from this pain....I do....I'm off for a swim in a few minutes...helps me to relax.

smile.png

I just came back from my soak

can't do massage I have varicose veins they really hurt on me carves me those girls

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I have even seen people turn violent, though that is a rare sight. Some also get very vociferous too.

Thailand, Thai logic (??) and the Thai way can be very frustrating at times and can drive you up the wall and be very stressful if you allow it to be. The idea is to know and understand it and back away when you are hitting that brick wall. Life is too short to get stressed out. Yet many are unable to see their own bad reactions are a waste of time.

Count to ten, turn away, take a deep breath and try a different tack later.

After all, we are here to enjoy life, are we not?

Yes, the best method is just to avoid as many Thais as you can. Only interact with the ones that you must.

Yes. I have even seen people turn violent, though that is a rare sight. Some also get very vociferous too.

Thailand, Thai logic (??) and the Thai way can be very frustrating at times and can drive you up the wall and be very stressful if you allow it to be. The idea is to know and understand it and back away when you are hitting that brick wall. Life is too short to get stressed out. Yet many are unable to see their own bad reactions are a waste of time.

Yes, the best method is just to avoid as many Thais as you can. Only interact with the ones that you must.

+1

• Like 1

Hmmm. It would seem to me that if one's goal in life was to avoid Thais, then one would consider living in a country other than Thailand. Lots of Thais in Thailand, no? Does it really take a rocket scientist to figure this out? But then Thailand is not renown for having particularly bright expats.

• Like 2

And the best way to do this, is leaving the country.

• Like 1

I really do think you need a week's worth of massages squeezed into your day today anelaine. Go and take a break from this pain....I do....I'm off for a swim in a few minutes...helps me to relax.

smile.png

can't do massage I have varicose veins they really hurt on me carves me those girls

Just got out of the pool...man I'm buzzing!

Have a lovely day anelaine! :D

Edited by smokie36

I think when you first arrive it can get very frustrating, but you soon learn the mai pen rai attitude gets you further and is less stressful. Those that lose it are probably the type that would lose it in any country, not just here. Having said that I have still to master the calm attitude when I'm driving laugh.png

Aneliane i think you need a big hug. laugh.png

smile.png

Have a lovely day anelaine! biggrin.png

Aneliane not anelaine

you 2 cheers

Edited by aneliane

I think when you first arrive it can get very frustrating, but you soon learn the mai pen rai attitude gets you further and is less stressful. Those that lose it are probably the type that would lose it in any country, not just here. Having said that I have still to master the calm attitude when I'm driving laugh.png

Aneliane i think you need a big hug. laugh.png

that or an iceberg

my puddle pool is not cold enough

biggrin.png

I've seen a few people lose it on Thaivisa coffee1.gif

I think now it's a good time as any to post about when you lost it Blether whistling.gif

Moi? I'm a paragon of virtue and good behaviour, innocent and angelic in every way don't you know rolleyes.gif

Smile of the day :)

smile.png

Mate ... I'm feeling your positivity ... thumbsup.gif

How far/long did you swim?

aneliane seems like she's had a difficult day and needs a love031.gif

Considering what I have just recently posted as a thank you to the Thai people who helped me, that makes your comment seem very pathetic indeed, to me.

If I had avoided as much contact as you suggest in your post, I would not be in the good position I am in now. And I am grateful to those Thai people helping.

Hells Bells, why even be in Thailand if you are going to avoid as many Thai people as possible?

Yes, it can be very frustrating at times, more so when you first begin to settle in, but you have to learn the Thai people have different ways of doing things and adjust accordingly. Otherwise go and find somewhere else to live and I am not an advocate of the 'if you don't like it, get out of Thailand' brigade.

Hmmm. It would seem to me that if one's goal in life was to avoid Thais, then one would consider living in a country other than Thailand. Lots of Thais in Thailand, no? Does it really take a rocket scientist to figure this out? But then Thailand is not renown for having particularly bright expats.

As Billy Connolly once said ; Australia is a great country. Its just a pity that its full of Australians. Same goes for Thailand. tongue.png

smile.png

Mate ... I'm feeling your positivity ... thumbsup.gif

How far/long did you swim?

aneliane seems like she's had a difficult day and needs a love031.gif

Just the 70 lengths today. smile.png

Apologies Aneliane.....I got it now! thumbsup.gif

As Billy Connolly once said ; Australia is a great country. Its just a pity that its full of Australians. Same goes for Thailand. tongue.png

Thailand would be great if not for being full of Australians? Really?

Australia is Australia precisely because of its people, and pretty much the same thing can be said for every country on earth. Including Thailand.

• Like 1

Australia is Australia precisely because of its people, and pretty much the same thing can be said for every country on earth. Including Thailand.

Australia is full of Farangs....Germans, British, Italian etc etc.

There aren't many Australians anymore, and these mostly drink.

Opposite Seacon square a woman sitting on the side of the road using an android phone, her bf arrives takes the phone off her hands and slap her in the face.blink.png

And still Thai guys have a hard time understanding why some women here prefer Farang partners... amazing...

Yeah I mean you never hear of a westerner knocking seven bells out of his missus because his dinner was 5 minutes late or anything like that do you.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZiZPoJ5up8&feature=related

• Like 1

Opposite Seacon square a woman sitting on the side of the road using an android phone, her bf arrives takes the phone off her hands and slap her in the face.blink.png

And still Thai guys have a hard time understanding why some women here prefer Farang partners... amazing...

Yeah I mean you never hear of a westerner knocking seven bells out of his missus because his dinner was 5 minutes late or anything like that do you.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZiZPoJ5up8&feature=related

cracking movie that !

• Like 1

do I really have to explain it to you ?

The point I was making is that Thailand would be great if it wasn't full of thais.

its an ongoing joke. just pick any country and remember to change to the nationality that suits.

Ok mi ? blink.png

Oh sure, but not as often as I hear it here though. You see we have laws in our countries

Oh sure, but not as often as I hear it here though.

I'd say there isn't a lot in it

Have seen both... foreigners snapping, local snapping... ranging from amusing to ugly all around. One thing about flipping the middle finger here, just like all cultural misunderstandings.... it seems that a lot of locals place very little meaning with it (and they'll exchange it with you just like you might in traffic situations in western countries), while others interpret to be something much deeper and will absolutely blow their tops and get violent as if you have just slapped around their mother or burned down their spirit house. Something is clearly lost in translation with the finger.

:)

Edited by Heng

Oh sure, but not as often as I hear it here though. You see we have laws in our countries

Try to get the police to attend a domestic back home. Good luck with that! Screws up the statistics when these incidents aren't reported because they know they won't be responded to.

Just sayin'

True but in Thailand the cops don't respond to anything except an accident coz it's visible. You can always go through the process back home but good luck with that here. There are many rotten cops in the west but comparing it to Thailand is just absurd.

Try to get the police to attend a domestic back home. Good luck with that! Screws up the statistics when these incidents aren't reported because they know they won't be responded to.

Just sayin'

I've been involved with hundreds of them, grew up in a very bad household, the police always show up once you call. More often these incidents are not reported because the victim doesn't want to report it. It's a vicious cycle that takes a strong person to break.

I've always felt the same about France. The answer is the Neutron Bomb; which kills all living creatures and leaves the beautiful infrastructure complete for us to walk onto unhindered. Come to think of it, there are a good few other countries that need 'treatment' as well !

Disrespectful locals and foreigners is a common sight in a country which promote drunk wifebashing foreigners with money more than decent people who want to become part of this country. In my opinion you get what you give.

What have you received, in return for your stereotypng bigoted prejudice?

Apart from arsey comments from cheeky monkeys on the internet)

SC

TV Cricket

Because 'arsey' is 'two-cheeky'

We're the team with two knees

Disrespectful locals and foreigners is a common sight in a country which promote drunk wifebashing foreigners with money more than decent people who want to become part of this country. In my opinion you get what you give.

What have you received, in return for your stereotypng bigoted prejudice?

Apart from arsey comments from cheeky monkeys on the internet)

SC

TV Cricket

Because 'arsey' is 'two-cheeky'

We're the team with two knees

Sorry didn't know you recognized yourself as one of them. coffee1.gif

Though it may sound a bit crude it's not that far from the truth now is it?