What'S Up At California Wow? Doors Closed...

tropo

Has anybody been there yet today?

Probably the only way they will be able to open again is through a court ruling. That won't happen on the weekend. Maybe this is why the landlord cuts the power on Fridays.

See you down at Castas?

Not sure if you know but they have extended the opening hours to 1800 sat and sun now at Castra.

OPENING TIMES: We have had quite a few requests to open later on the weekends. We are pleased to announce that we will be open from 09:00 to 18:00 on Saturdays and Sundays (as of 30th of June). At the present moment we cannot open any later but we will review these times at a later date.

Mon-Fri - 07:00-21:00

Sat-Sun - 09:00-18:00

Edited by Orac

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys talking about California Wow in Pattaya? Was it closed today?

Just checked and the phone 038 399999 is off again. This is exactly 2 weeks since they last closed.

As I said in my previous post electricity etc is due by middle of each month and as I said in the previous post it would be shut again by then.

The AVE already has someone wanting that space and I guess in their meeting in Bangkok Head Office on Wednesday they decided enough is enough.

How would you know when an electricity bill is due? It would depend on when the tenancy was started.

I have a shop at the Ave for the past few years and the Manageress is a friend of the family and all payments are due on the first of month and deadline is middle month regardless of when you moved in.

Edited by seadoo

I have a shop at the Ave and the Manageress is a friend of the family.

The manageress of which business is a friend of the family? Manager of California Wow?

Given what you know from the inside, do you think there is a chance California Wow will open again?

I have a shop at the Ave and the Manageress is a friend of the family.

The manageress of which business is a friend of the family? Manager of California Wow?

Given what you know from the inside, do you think there is a chance California Wow will open again?

The Manageress of the Ave itself.

Will they stay open - well like any business, same as ours, if they pay their bills they can stay open - shopping centers are not a charity for business owners.

Granting rent concessions is one thing but electricity is payable to a third party PEA and I guess Siam Futures are not in the business of paying other businesses electric costs. One thing I can say is that Siam Futures does not add anything to the electric bill that PEA charges.

Edited by seadoo

Is anybody else going to Universe as well?

@Tropco: No, unfortunately not. It's too far for me, especially compared to Universe which is just about 400m to go for me... Albeit, Castra looks pretty good, so maybe I am going to have a try once.

But rather I hope for CWOW to reopen :D

Edited by Lukizatrus

Are you guys talking about California Wow in Pattaya? Was it closed today?

Just checked and the phone 038 399999 is off again. This is exactly 2 weeks since they last closed.

As I said in my previous post electricity etc is due by middle of each month and as I said in the previous post it would be shut again by then.

The AVE already has someone wanting that space and I guess in their meeting in Bangkok Head Office on Wednesday they decided enough is enough.

You and me both.

WOW!!!

Great news, crisis over for the time being smile.png

Until June's electricity bill is overdue for payment anyway.

I'm at the Ave now and it's closed and seems not open until further notice

Thanks for that info. It will save me a wasted trip there. I wonder IF they will get the power back on, will it be deceided in days, weeks, or months. As I have a lifetime membership I don't know if I should wait or look for a new gym. Thanks again.

Thanks for that info. It will save me a wasted trip there. I wonder IF they will get the power back on, will it be deceided in days, weeks, or months. As I have a lifetime membership I don't know if I should wait or look for a new gym. Thanks again.

I wouldn't wait if I were you.

I'm so confident that they will reopen that I paid for a month's membership at Castra. I saw a few other members down there today too.

I'm so confident that they will reopen that I paid for a month's membership at Castra. I saw a few other members down there today too.

I'm sure it will go a long way to pay their creditors. :)

Where is Castra located ? How much is a months membership ? Thanks for the info.

Where is Castra located ? How much is a months membership ? Thanks for the info.

It's a fair way out of town. It's about 2km east of Sukhumvit Road on Soi Kao Talo.

Casual visit = 100 baht, monthly = 1000 baht.

It's a fairly old school gym, so if you're looking for nice machines you're out of luck.

There is another thread running about CAWOW...there is speculation there that some BKK branch will reopen with a 1000baht per month "special maintenance fee".

Personally, I'd consider it if it means Pattaya can stay open another year.

Their financial statements are on their website. Seeing their cash burn in the last 2 years, I think they have very little alternative.

I do hope the shareholders/SET would commence some class action or try to initiate some legal investigation as to whether the IPO was a fraud perpetrated by the founders.

Good Luck chasing Siam Futures to get their power put back on it was in fact PEA that cut their power so they are taking the action against the wrong entity.

I like that they produce a slick and glossy and well designed notice to say that they're closed.

I'm sure that makes the customers feel much better that they lost their money to such a high quality organisation

Good Luck chasing Siam Futures to get their power put back on it was in fact PEA that cut their power so they are taking the action against the wrong entity.

I like that they produce a slick and glossy and well designed notice to say that they're closed.

I'm sure that makes the customers feel much better that they lost their money to such a high quality organisation

It makes me feel better-- NOT !!!

There is another thread running about CAWOW...there is speculation there that some BKK branch will reopen with a 1000baht per month "special maintenance fee".

I'd consider it too, but the problem is they are not communicating with members at all and not being upfront with what's going on. We can't trust them.

I'd consider it too, but the problem is they are not communicating with members at all and not being upfront with what's going on. We can't trust them.

Yeah, I know what you mean. They might just take the money and still close shop the next day anyway !!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. They might just take the money and still close shop the next day anyway !!!

Yeah, we'd have to pay them one month in arrears. They stay open for a month, they get their money at the end of that month.

Can you imagine how the people who joined over the last 2 weeks must feel. This is more than just a gym closing. It's closing a lot of peoples' hope to get into better physical shape. There isn't a suitable alternative fitness club in Pattaya for most members. I can't see most of the members being interested in sweating it out at Tony's dumps. The more experienced diehards will continue elsewhere, but the drop off rate will be astounding.

I'm dreading having to train at Tony's again, but that's probably where I will end up. Right now I'm going to try working out at Castra for a month, but it's 8km from my house compared to 1km for Tony's, so that ride will get old real fast.

Yeah, we'd have to pay them one month in arrears. They stay open for a month, they get their money at the end of that month.

Can you imagine how the people who joined over the last 2 weeks must feel. This is more than just a gym closing. It's closing a lot of peoples' hope to get into better physical shape. There isn't a suitable alternative fitness club in Pattaya for most members. I can't see most of the members being interested in sweating it out at Tony's dumps. The more experienced diehards will continue elsewhere, but the drop off rate will be astounding.

I'm dreading having to train at Tony's again, but that's probably where I will end up. Right now I'm going to try working out at Castra for a month, but it's 8km from my house compared to 1km for Tony's, so that ride will get old real fast.

Yes, Castra is a far ride and definately will get old fast. A gym needs to be close by.

I also found the ride to Castra from jomtien beach to be too far..not to mention the gym atmosphere to be dark and depressing

I agree it's a bit dark in there. All the stations are painted black.

So join me at Universe instead of Tony's. It's better and cheaper!

What cardio machines do they have at Universe? How's the airconditioning?

Cardio machines range from rowing over bikes to Crosstrainer. OK, but not comparable to CWOW.

Temperature is defenitely far higher than in CWOW, though, strong fans give a bit of relief. All in all better than at Tonys but not great, either.

Probably, you gotta have a go yourself to try it out (see you tomorrow at 5pm biggrin.png - oooor at the same time at CWOW if reopened *mobilising last few units of hope* )

Edited by Lukizatrus