Ready For The Deluge

Lite Beer

Otherstuff1957

What is negative rainfall in the graph? Evaporation?

I think it measures from monthly average. Negative sign means below monthly average. Anyaway the last rainfall distribution chart is worrysome...

Otherstuff1957

What is negative rainfall in the graph? Evaporation?

I think it measures from monthly average. Negative sign means below monthly average. Anyaway the last rainfall distribution chart is worrysome...

yes if June and July looks like May, than Bangkok will look like Venice.....

Did you know that one of the sluice gates at Sirkit dam was seriously damanged during the 2011 floods? One of the official reports regarding floods in Thailand sugessted that about 5 billion cubic meters of water could have been drained out due to this damaged.

Just to cross check the fact that I have recently known from

Edited by ResX

yes yes, so we have lots of lovely graphic displays about what has happened. The subject is 'ready for the deluge'. What has been done to prepare for what may very well happen, what has been done to prevent it or lessen its effects?

Nobody is talking about this presumably because very little has been done (apart from saying it won't happen).

Is there expected to be flooding again?

Of course not...dont be silly....Yingluck has spoken....watch her lips..."no more floods"......I really dont know why you people are so cynical...We have to trust the PM

Absolutely, who could doubt anything that she says a being untrue

Of course who could doubt her ?.....after all she delivered the minimum wage to Thailand, Gave every school going age child an I-pad and lest not forget what she did with the rice pledging scheme...

and she has her sidekick Chalerm about to eradicate mafia, drugs and squat toilets

No big flood this year, no where near the rain from last year.

According to this story there has been MORE average rainfall since the start of this year than the same period last year?? In fact, this story paints a pretty gloomy picture for some areas!! http://www.thaivisa....ubmerged-again/

No worries Lenny! Yingluck promised us no more floods. I feel better already. Especially since Chalerm will have all the mafia gone in 3 months!! laugh.png

All the mafia gone? Where will the police go?

No big flood this year, no where near the rain from last year.

According to this story there has been MORE average rainfall since the start of this year than the same period last year?? In fact, this story paints a pretty gloomy picture for some areas!! http://www.thaivisa....ubmerged-again/

No worries Lenny! Yingluck promised us no more floods. I feel better already. Especially since Chalerm will have all the mafia gone in 3 months!! laugh.png

All the mafia gone? Where will the police go?

He was only talking about the mafia on Phuket. ;-)