Millipede Problem!

rics21

i bought a house in a mooban by LH last august. it wasnt till last month when all the millipede started a riot in garden and carpark.

what can i do to control all these garden pest. please advice.

They love garden waste. Clean your decaying garden plants. Another tip is to raise your fire wood off the ground. They also love moisture. If you find inside reduce the humidity. As previously advised do an internet search.

Edited by ripstanley

I have known 6 dogs since living in Asia killed from their bites. Not harmless at all; nasty little buggers and the only creature I kill on site if in my house or garden.

The thread is about millipedes, not centipedes.

I am wondering if the Op knows the difference between millipedes and centipedes.

Centipedes are generally the ones people complain about as they have a painful venomous bite. Millepedes are interesting, but not usually considered a pest.

• Like 2

I had a CENTIPEDE problem in my house, one got in my bed and bit me behind my ear (THAT HURT!!!) I was lucky it was just a baby or I would have had to go to the hospital. I got a few of the larger ones into my living room, and those I killed.

The other brown millies, I just kick them out of the garden into the road, or throw them over the fence to the jungle... Don't worry to much about them. ..

• Like 1

I am wondering if the Op knows the difference between millipedes and centipedes.

Centipedes are generally the ones people complain about as they have a painful venomous bite. Millepedes are interesting, but not usually considered a pest.

thanks for the explaination but i know the difference.

the problem is that there is to many of them in the garden, and the dam_n millipedes started to crawl all over the carpark. i kill 30 of these bastards a day and the next morning, the same amount of them appear.

anyway, i googled on the millipede control long before i posted this thread.

there are tons of pesticides and aersol based insecticide on the web, and i am quite sure that there will shipping problems to enter the LOS.

i tried a (anti millipede/ ants/ centipede/ beetle) solution which i bought from a gardening shop at chatuchak 2, minburi. nothing much happened, they just dont die, they came back as if nothing happened.

anybody knows where to buy those SUPER ANTI MILLIPEDE PESTICIDE in bangkok?

what i need to do is to make sure that they die or run off to the neighbours' garden.

Edited by rics21

They love garden waste. Clean your decaying garden plants. Another tip is to raise your fire wood off the ground. They also love moisture. If you find inside reduce the humidity. As previously advised do an internet search.

its raining like every single day, moisture is kinda hard to control.

i get my lawn mower to the maximum level it could to cut the grass to the shortest it can get.(almost bald)

removed all the plants, leaves, whatever.

there aint no fire wood in my house.

Well the Super-Ant-Millepede is a very serious critter; a minion of Dr. Insecto, I believe. You will have to locate the Superfriends for this one.

justice-league.jpg

Ok, just kidding.

I remember I sprayed Chaindrite in my garden once and the millipedes died from eating the dead poisoned ants. But your problem might be that they are coming from somewhere else and it is going to take a while for you to get them all. I don't think millipedes are specifically resistant to pesticides

• Like 1

I have known 6 dogs since living in Asia killed from their bites. Not harmless at all; nasty little buggers and the only creature I kill on site if in my house or garden.

I think you're getting confused between millipedes, and centipedes. Centipedes ARE venomous; millipedes, not.

Well the Super-Ant-Millepede is a very serious critter; a minion of Dr. Insecto, I believe. You will have to locate the Superfriends for this one.

justice-league.jpg

Ok, just kidding.

I remember I sprayed Chaindrite in my garden once and the millipedes died from eating the dead poisoned ants. But your problem might be that they are coming from somewhere else and it is going to take a while for you to get them all. I don't think millipedes are specifically resistant to pesticides

i sprayed 2 cans of 450cc Chaindrite all over the external walls of the house (where the lawn meet the house) and the dam_n millipedes are still there!!!! my wife is already dam_n angry with the smell.

I think you're getting confused between millipedes, and centipedes. Centipedes ARE venomous; millipedes, not.

aint venomous but dam_n they are a nuisance,

its raining like every single day, moisture is kinda hard to control.

i get my lawn mower to the maximum level it could to cut the grass to the shortest it can get.(almost bald)

removed all the plants, leaves, whatever.

there aint no fire wood in my house.

The comment about moisture was for inside your home. Sorry for the confusion

As you're having so much trouble resolving the issue on a diy basis why not contact a local pest control company and have them undertake a survey and prepare a quotation. They might give you enough additional information for a diy solution should you not want to use their services.

As you're having so much trouble resolving the issue on a diy basis why not contact a local pest control company and have them undertake a survey and prepare a quotation. They might give you enough additional information for a diy solution should you not want to use their services.

c

i contacted "Rentokil" and "Bio Plus", both quoted me around 9kb yearly; spraying of pesticides monthly. they also informed me that the spray may not be useful if it rains, the pesticides may get washed away together with the rain water through the decrease of ground water level after the rain. its like raining evey single day.

they dont provide pesticides in powder or granule forms (i bought granule poison for slugs and snails which worked wonders). granule and powder form can be applied after the rain, whenever i feel like it. prefer to DIY, as its like raining every single day this week, need to reapply the "pesticide/ poison" when the rain stops.

i m looking for a pesticides in powder or granule forms. any idea where can i get my hands on them?

Wifey hates them, I can't se what the problem is.

Anyway, my wife went along to one of the garden supply shops and bought some kind of liquid that she mixed with water and sprayed on the tiles all around the outside of the house.

The millipedes were dieing for a couple of weeks after that so I hate to think what was in the stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Wifey hates them, I can't se what the problem is.

Anyway, my wife went along to one of the garden supply shops and bought some kind of liquid that she mixed with water and sprayed on the tiles all around the outside of the house.

The millipedes were dieing for a couple of weeks after that so I hate to think what was in the stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

where did your wife bought the solution????

can you be so kind as to take a photo of it????

thanks!!!!

What aspect of their presence makes them annoying?

They don't take off their shoes when entering his house.

i dont remember they wear no shoes?

but just the look of the creepy crawlers makes the house look dam_n dirty or whatsoever.

Edited by rics21

Utterly amazing. Amazing Thailand. Amazing Farrangs.

If your house was over run by Giant Pandas would you shoot them all with a gun ?

How about forming a club of expats that go and slash and burn all the rain forests and kill all the animals and insects as well.

Lets get some DDT and cover the planet with it and get rid of every bleeding thing...Oh I forgot, mankind tried that before and then realised what a mistake that was....

These insects and animals were here first.

The millipedes are a nuisance? My god they actually make the house look untidy for crying out loud. When the Queen of England comes for Sunday lunch what ever will she think ?

Just leave the bloody things alone. They are seasonal, when the rains go so will the millipedes, until next time.

Its the tropics for crying out loud. I even see threads on here from expats asking when the rain will stop ? <deleted>

• Like 2

If your house was over run by Giant Pandas would you shoot them all with a gun ?

How about forming a club of expats that go and slash and burn all the rain forests and kill all the animals and insects as well.

Lets get some DDT and cover the planet with it and get rid of every bleeding thing...Oh I forgot, mankind tried that before and then realised what a mistake that was....

The millipedes are a nuisance? My god they actually make the house look untidy for crying out loud. When the Queen of England comes for Sunday lunch what ever will she think ?

Just leave the bloody things alone. They are seasonal, when the rains go so will the millipedes, until next time.

Its the tropics for crying out loud. I even see threads on here from expats asking when the rain will stop ? <deleted>

LOL

The millipedes were here first, they demand respect.

Go Wai a tree.

• Like 1

Oh dear, looks like someone strayed in from the Isaac Hunt forum.

LOL

The millipedes were here first, they demand respect.

Go Wai a tree.

well said,

there is no f way i m going to wai a tree. nor i m not going to respect pest wondering in my property.

been living in the region (south east asia) for almost 20 years now, never had problems with the millipedes.

anyway this not my 1st house in bangkok. millipedes dont come wondering in the carpark, they stay where they belong in the lawn.

the problem is that there is to many of them in the garden, and the dam_n millipedes started to crawl all over the carpark. i kill 30 of these bastards a day and the next morning, the same amount of them appear.

there are tons of pesticides and aersol based insecticide on the web, and i am quite sure that there will shipping problems to enter the LOS.

i tried a (anti millipede/ ants/ centipede/ beetle) solution which i bought from a gardening shop at chatuchak 2, minburi. nothing much happened, they just dont die, they came back as if nothing happened.

what i need to do is to make sure that they die or run off to the neighbours' garden.

This is not going to go away for a couple of months. Then one day there will be less and less of them and they will eventually disappear. In the meantime, millipede safari time I would suggest. Not because they are dangerous in any way and I don't even know for sure if killing as many of them as possible really speeds up the process, but in the numbers you seem to have they are unpleasant.

I did rent a house a few years ago where I had the same problem. It was fine the first year. A plague the second year (I was throwing into the toilet around 25 a day from inside the house, just pick them up with a bit of tissue) and killing probably around 50 or 60 in the small garden.

They are harmless, but at that time they managed to get on my nerves.

I did know that they are harmless and I did not want to use chemicals to even try to control the pest, so I may have missed on an easy solution if there is one.

Anyway, I survived it :) and the following year I had just the odd one.

Topic related although a bit on the side: Does anyone know why they appear somewhere in those huge numbers? The OP says he has just moved in, but in my case it was on the second year I was in that place.

• Like 1

This is not going to go away for a couple of months. Then one day there will be less and less of them and they will eventually disappear. In the meantime, millipede safari time I would suggest. Not because they are dangerous in any way and I don't even know for sure if killing as many of them as possible really speeds up the process, but in the numbers you seem to have they are unpleasant.

I did rent a house a few years ago where I had the same problem. It was fine the first year. A plague the second year (I was throwing into the toilet around 25 a day from inside the house, just pick them up with a bit of tissue) and killing probably around 50 or 60 in the small garden.

They are harmless, but at that time they managed to get on my nerves.

I did know that they are harmless and I did not want to use chemicals to even try to control the pest, so I may have missed on an easy solution if there is one.

Anyway, I survived it smile.png and the following year I had just the odd one.

Topic related although a bit on the side: Does anyone know why they appear somewhere in those huge numbers? The OP says he has just moved in, but in my case it was on the second year I was in that place.

thank god i m not the only one.