Thaksin Says Yingluck A Better Prime Minister Than He Was

webfact

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

on another note nothing wrong with what he said, I doubt very much he means it in an economic sense however as a public figure she is more personable.

She is also a better PM than abhist if truth be told on so many levels

What levels are they then?

sent from my Wellcom A90+

First Level. Yingluck is current Prime Minister of Thailand. Abhisit isn't.

With the mandate of the Thai people.....clap2.gif

It is not the first time that Thaksin has said his sister is a better PM than he was...

Abhisit is head of his party and an executive to boot.

Yingluck was plucked off the street.

Abhisit attends Parliament regularly and dutifully, and when he is doing his job in parliament he participates in unscripted debates and dialogue on issues of importance to Thailand.

Yingluck does not do any of those things.

ermm.gif

He is good at talking, lots of people have said this, but sometimes he gets upset when they say so.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/57844/thailands-pm-abhisit-vejjajiva-%e2%80%9che%e2%80%99s-only-good-at-talking-%e2%80%9d/

• Like 2

“Yes, so far so good. Better than me, definitely,” Mr. Thaksin said on Tuesday when asked if his sister was a good prime minister. Mr. Thaksin

Faint praise indeed, as already stated by Gentlleman Jim, the less time she spends in parliament, the better job she does.

Think about it, your boss tells you that he is so happy with your work that you can stay home.

• Like 1

Abhisit attends Parliament regularly and dutifully, and when he is doing his job in parliament he participates in unscripted debates and dialogue on issues of importance to Thailand.

ermm.gif

No she's busy running the nation and currently visiting Chancellor Merkel and been involved internationally so she can't be in two places at once now can she

ermm.gif

He is good at talking, lots of people have said this, but sometimes he gets upset when they say so.

http://asiancorrespo...at-talking-â€/

excellent article - I really liked:

But what is really irking Thailand’s incredibly privileged, elitist, Eton and Oxford educated Prime Minister? Enter a Suphanburi-born female trade union leader who was raised without any of the privileges handed out to Abhisit.

ermm.gif

No she's busy running the nation and currently visiting Chancellor Merkel and been involved internationally so she can't be in two places at once now can she

I thought she was cloned...

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

ermm.gif

Some people are barely even in one place at a time tongue.png

• Like 2

ermm.gif

Some people are barely even in one place at a time tongue.png

giggle.gif lol

Abhisit is head of his party and an executive to boot.Yingluck was plucked off the street.
Abhisit attends Parliament regularly and dutifully, and when he is doing his job in parliament he participates in unscripted debates and dialogue on issues of importance to Thailand.Yingluck does not do any of those things.ermm.gif
I thought she was cloned...thumbsup.gif
Running the nation? Didn't look like that to me!Visiting chancelor Merkel and being involved internationally? Well, in my job I am also very involved internationally, and my performances can be proven easily. Not sure it's the case for Yingluck. Now, visiting Chancelor Merkel is certainly something. But she met already some bigger guns, did'nt she. And it wasn't impressive was it? Edited by saltandpepper

“Yes, so far so good. Better than me, definitely,” Mr. Thaksin said on Tuesday when asked if his sister was a good prime minister. Mr. Thaksin, who now lives in Dubai to avoid imprisonment on a 2008 corruption conviction which he says was politically motivated, was speaking in Jakarta after a seminar that marked the launch of Strategic Review, a new journal there."

OMB is he saying Yingluck is a better criminal corrupt PM than him? If it was politically motivated why hasnt it been reviewed and squashed by a legal review, after all his own political party is in charge and all political interference will be pro Thaksin.

"Political opponents say Mr. Thaksin continues to exert heavy influence over his sister’s government, despite living overseas, and he appears often in neighboring countries. But he likened his role in her administration to an encyclopedia."

“If they want to consult me, I’m available any time. But if they don’t, I can’t force them. That’s what an encyclopedia does.”

An encyclopedia of corruption, crime and crimes against humanity.

"Mr. Thaksin said last week’s ruling by Thailand’s Constitutional Court – which clarified rules governing how Ms. Yingluck’s governing party could try to amend the country’s constitution – had nothing to do with whether he could go back to the country or not...........Instead, Mr. Thaksin said, the constitution needs to be revised to make it more democratic, since it was written in the wake of the 2006 coup."

No the constitutional change is about amnesty for the convicted criminal and fugitive from justice. Thailand needs to be more democratic? Doea that mean the PTP werent elected democratically? Actually he may be right.

• Like 2

More impressive than the Eton and Oxford educated Mark - but he lost the election didn't he? no doubt if Khun Yingluck fails (in the nations eyes not TVF posters) then she would suffer the same fate. Not many Thais I come across are particularly dissatisfied I must say - but that's democracy folks!

Running the nation? Didn't look like that to me!Visiting chancelor Merkel and being involved internationally? Well, in my job I am also very involved internationally, and my performances can be proven easily. Not sure it's the case for Yingluck. Now, visiting Chancelor Merkel is certainly something. But she met already some bigger guns, did'nt she. And it wasn't impressive was it?

Thailand, Germany agree to speed up EU-Thai free trade agreement

BERLIN, July 19 – The leaders of Thailand and Germany have agreed to accelerate negotiations to conclude a free trade agreement between Thailand and the European Union (EU) as a key mechanism to boost mutual trade and investment.

http://www.thaivisa....rade-agreement/

Better than a kick in the teeth though...................

• Like 2

More impressive than the Eton and Oxford educated Mark - but he lost the election didn't he? no doubt if Khun Yingluck fails (in the nations eyes not TVF posters) then she would suffer the same fate. Not many Thais I come across are particularly dissatisfied I must say - but that's democracy folks!

Funny that. Many that I speak with are frustrated and dissatisfied. I suppose it helps that i ask them. Not just wait for them to tell me.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

ermm.gif

I thought she was cloned...

thumbsup.gif

Na. That was a Scottish sheep found in a hotel. thumbsup.gif

-mel.

• Like 1

Yingluck seemed to have had a bit of a slow start. But I am sure with corruption training from Chalerm she can pick up her game.... :-) I cannot even imagine how all this is going to end. My best guess is that Thaksin somehow worms his way back here. Then Yingluck will feign some kind of mysterious illness, step down, and then Thaksin becomes PM.

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Yingluck Shinawatra has an atrocious parliamentary attendance record, an appalling voting record and she avoids unscripted debate like it is a five metre great-white. Visiting Merkel or visiting the Easter Bunny has got nothing to do with Yingluck's last twelve months of shameful and undemocratic parliamentary contempt.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

Yingluck Shinawatra has an atrocious parliamentary attendance record, an appalling voting record and she avoids unscripted debate like it is a five metre great-white. Visiting Merkel or visiting the Easter Bunny has got nothing to do with Yingluck's last twelve months of shameful and undemocratic parliamentary contempt.

ermm.gif

You really are going to love it when she gets re-elected............

Care to detail her "shameful and undemocratic parliamentary contempt."

• Like 1

Prime Minister Yinluck reminds me in many ways a of another incompent woman, by the name of Palin. They seem to follow the same script lines, require non stop coaching, and even with ithe best coaching, money can buy, still come across as being completely incompent.in the position they are placed in.

Maybe big brothers compliment was directed at the number of trips she has taken outside Thailand and the number of checked luggage she takes on the outbound side of her trips. True Audits of mega baht projects seem to take place after the targets have left office or the country.

• Like 2

ermm.gif

"Yingluck Shinawatra has an atrocious parliamentary attendance record"

what is her parliamentary attendance record out of interest?

She has a 10% voting record and voted on something like 5 things total. (the 10% is accurate, the other is from memory).

MPs in other parties are repeatedly calling for her to attend parliament more regularly, and doing so in such an enraged manner her attendance is clearly very low. Every news story I see, says "Yingluck will be missing X event in parliament".

She is famous for avoiding all unscripted debate in Parliament, bar very basic mumbling Q&A yes/no stuff. She does give speeches, written by her staff. That is not the same as attending parliament and leading from the front in open debate which the oppostition have practically begged her to do time and time again.

This evasiveness includes pre-election when she avoided all but a handful of very brief unscripted responses total, with foreign Media.

ermm.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 2

She has a 10% voting record and voted on something like 5 things total. (the 10% is accurate, the other is from memory).

MPs in other parties are repeatedly calling for her to attend parliament more regularly, and doing so in such an enraged manner her attendance is clearly very low. Every news story I see, says "Yingluck will be missing X event in parliament".

She is famous for avoiding all unscripted debate in Parliament, bar very basic mumbling Q&A yes/no stuff. She does give speeches, written by her staff. That is not the same as attending parliament and leading from the front in open debate which the oppostition have practically begged her to do time and time again.

This evasiveness includes pre-election when she avoided all but a handful of very brief unscripted responses total, with foreign Media.

ermm.gif

i'm not arguing that she shouldn't attend parliament more, i was just wondering if you had an actual percentage or anything like that.

Edited by nurofiend