Kindle Problem

gennisis

I have bought a book from Kindle store and it has downloaded into my PC kindle library. I cant transfer it to the Kindle. Following the instructions I should be able to right click and drag imto the Kindle documents file , but this does not work. ....Instructions tell me to do this from the book stored in archive but the book was delivered into Library,...there does not seem a way for me to transfer from library to archive.

There is no WI FI in my area so I can only download to my PC.

I have tried the various kindle forums with no answer....so any Kindle users here with suggestions ???

I think maybe you have downloaded to your PC app instead of downloading to your kindle via PC. I think there is a difference. Email Kindle support - they usually reply quite quickly. Or give them a call.

plug kindle into your computer. open explorer drag the file from you pc library into the kindle. done.

Yes,I quite agree with this,.....its what the Kindle instructions say.......only trouble is ...it does'nt work.

The kindle instructions say to drag from archived book...not library,and I cant transfer from library to archive

Download the program called Calibre. It is free and you can store all your books in it. It's very simple to transfer the books from Calibre to your Kindle. You can also read them on Calibre but I don't know why you would want to.

This might be a stupid idea if you are an experienced Kindle user, but thought it worth mentioning. Have you registered your Kindle with Amazon to your Amazon account -- the same account you used to get the books? If you bought the Kindle from a friend and have not re-registered it too the SAME account you used to acquire the books, then any books you move to the Kindle will be invisible. Downloaded books will ONLY work with a Kindle that is registered to the same account.