Abhisit Sues Defence Minister Sukampol For Defamation

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting "a document notarized by the army cannot be unlawful"..... Unless of course it was obtained under false pretenses or simply paid for it. Oh I forgot. The army never pay for faulty things. That is why they use a leaky Zeppelin which people see coming from bangkok instead of a drone. Use aircraft carriers without airplanes and are armored vehicles procured without air-conditioning so they serve now as an artificial reef. Sure. Abhisit expected something in return for allowing life firing zones in the middle of Bangkok.

What a sissy getting his legal team and running to court to sue for defamation. Handle like a man instead more of the primate intellect pervading Thai political arena. One needs to have thicker skin when entering politics and realize that scrutiny is just the nature of the beast. Didn't see OBama filing lawsuits against Donald Trump or others when they accused him of not be elgible to be president. Now that was a BIG deal.

This is grade school bs that evokes even more immature responses. Grow some cajones and either admit (for once) and say so what or say false, apologogize for dude spending time and resources focusing on something so old and stupid and move on.

Candidly, his actions and MO for dealing with situation make it pretty apparent allegations are correct.

On the contrary, it is normal for Thais to sue for defamation, Thaksin is and has done this. What would you have Abhisit do, call him out in the street for a gun fight?

If the allegations are untrue then I would expect the accused to welcome a full investigation at the highest level as this would not only prove innocence but also give him ammunition against his opponents for making false allegations as well as the moral high ground for the future.

The defamation route implies something to hide as it is not based around the truth of the allegations but on if someone has been made to look bad. The argument that Thaksins use of the defamation laws to silence critics is reasonable but I don't think doing the same things as Thaksin is exactly good for Abhisits image.

He has everything to gain and it is the correct choice. This is the total dirt that anybody can dig against Abhisit. Look all around him and even within his own Democratic party you can point the finger at most for corruption. Look across the house at the current Pheua Thai government and its not only corruption but its criminals (convicted and also hiding from justice), thugs and murderers galore, let along the Dubai criminal liable for the more serious charges against Thailand and the Thai Army. I hope he burries this Pheua Thai idiot in court, because if this is the total dirt that they can dig on him then it shows that he is about the only moral voice in Thai politics and justifies his decision to deal with Thaksins attack on Thailand, its Army and its people in Bangkok in 2010. Kia Kaha Khun Abhisit.

Being the 'moral voice' of the military justifies nothing....what a pathetic outrageous claim

One thing that really makes no sense is the fact that the career military officer now the defense minister would go public and state that the military is corrupt.

Seeing as all the documents were forged(allegedly according to DM), ie paid for by someone to military officials, that would indicate military is corrupt.

So what would be the gain for the DM and a general to make military loose face?!

Someone on here wondered: "why the military had to give an amnesty after the coup?"

Answer: they do that automatically after every coup. It follows as closely as putting on shoes after socks. Same for re-writing the Constitution. They're bereft of creative thinking.

If I were one of Abhisit's fellow politicians, I would ask the question publicly, "Is that your best shot? Is that the worst smut you can smear on Abhisit? Jeezo, we got people who bankroll and incite riots, people who tell crowds to burn down Bangkok (and who are walking around free), and the worst you got on Abhisit is some vague issue with him being a teacher instead of signing up for boot camp.

We still got tens of thousands of hill tribers who were born and reside in Thailand, but who have no nationality and can't legally travel from one town to the next without prior written approval from a bureaucrat, ......and you want to make a court case out of some insignificant little thing that happened over a decade ago?

• Like 2

One thing that really makes no sense is the fact that the career military officer now the defense minister would go public and state that the military is corrupt.

Seeing as all the documents were forged(allegedly according to DM), ie paid for by someone to military officials, that would indicate military is corrupt.

So what would be the gain for the DM and a general to make military loose face?!

IMO, the Air Force officer corps has always been the the branchof service that attracted gentlemen and people with honour. Perhaps it has something to do with the requirements being more complex and necessitating a higher than average intelligence. Flying aircraft, managing aerodromes or even repairing aircraft is not quite the same as driving a truck, changing a tire or managing a golf course.

Someone on here wondered: "why the military had to give an amnesty after the coup?"

Answer: they do that automatically after every coup. It follows as closely as putting on shoes after socks. Same for re-writing the Constitution. They're bereft of creative thinking.

If I were one of Abhisit's fellow politicians, I would ask the question publicly, "Is that your best shot? Is that the worst smut you can smear on Abhisit? Jeezo, we got people who bankroll and incite riots, people who tell crowds to burn down Bangkok (and who are walking around free), and the worst you got on Abhisit is some vague issue with him being a teacher instead of signing up for boot camp.

We still got tens of thousands of hill tribers who were born and reside in Thailand, but who have no nationality and can't legally travel from one town to the next without prior written approval from a bureaucrat, ......and you want to make a court case out of some insignificant little thing that happened over a decade ago?

Perhaps it is because the people you reference do not make make claims of "honesty and integrity" . It is quite like the politicians that are homophobic and then get caught trying to solicit sex fom someone in a public toilet.

"I would ask the question publicly, "Is that your best shot? Is that the worst smut you can smear on Abhisit?"

thing is, they don't actually need to smear anything on him.. he's no threat to them politically as far as where the electorate are concerned.... i think it is purely personal.

• Like 2

IMO, the Air Force officer corps has always been the the branchof service that attracted gentlemen and people with honour. Perhaps it has something to do with the requirements being more complex and necessitating a higher than average intelligence. Flying aircraft, managing aerodromes or even repairing aircraft is not quite the same as driving a truck, changing a tire or managing a golf course.

GK I do not think gentleman of honor become politicians and certainly do not turn thei back onto the very same people who made you

Oh & by the way Phiphidon, if you haven't fled the scene again, I am still waiting for your opinion on the charter re-write, as Reasonableman mentioned earlier in this thread.

Did you not see my reply? No.Well I've written enough about the charter rewrite and the CC and the fact that the CC and the democrats and Dr. Tul have combined to take away the thai populaces interaction with writing a constitution for the people. Whats that stupid saying popular amongst the antis on here, "Yay for Red democracy" - well they were trying their best before abhisit and the boys jumped in lawsuits blazing.

• Like 1

"I would ask the question publicly, "Is that your best shot? Is that the worst smut you can smear on Abhisit?"

thing is, they don't actually need to smear anything on him.. he's no threat to them politically as far as where the electorate are concerned.... i think it is purely personal.

It is political. If he sues them all into jail he could win an election

• Like 1

It is political. If he sues them all into jail he could win an election

haha

well of course it's political too, i just mean that they don't need to do it as far as keeping their electoral power over the democrats is concerned.

but don't get me wrong i certainly think it should be looked into and i believe he was fully aware of the goings on as were the army.

Edited by nurofiend

Interesting "a document notarized by the army cannot be unlawful"..... Unless of course it was obtained under false pretenses or simply paid for it. Oh I forgot. The army never pay for faulty things. That is why they use a leaky Zeppelin which people see coming from bangkok instead of a drone. Use aircraft carriers without airplanes and are armored vehicles procured without air-conditioning so they serve now as an artificial reef. Sure. Abhisit expected something in return for allowing life firing zones in the middle of Bangkok.

Are you in need of some medication?

Well Mr "moral voice of Thailand" rather than integrate the Hmong, forcibly repatriated them to live in 'camps'.........so not much point in debating the future of the hill tribers with 'Mr moral voice" then eh?

Edited by 473geo

Well Mr "moral voice of Thailand" rather than integrate the Hmong, forcibly repatriated them to live in 'camps'.........so not much point in debating the future of the hill tribers with 'Mr moral voice" then eh?

That post just made you sound like Mr I Couldn't Give a Toss about Anyone Below My Radar.

Nice.

Or maybe you didn't read the post properly, it's a fairly common affliction.

What would you do in his position?

They signed the papers throw it back in the armys court. They can hang a retired general or two just to keep friends with their only political friend right now.

Its the cost of being so warmly in bed with the dems. Full investigation for who actually paid for h the water diviners?

Edited by Thai at Heart

That post just made you sound like Mr I Couldn't Give a Toss about Anyone Below My Radar.

Nice.

Somebody say something...coffee1.gif

Nice.

Marvellous response, splendid in fact, if you want to stand up for the common people of Thailand, stand up for all of them.

Otherwise, just go back to your coffee.

Nice.

Marvellous response, splendid in fact, if you want to stand up for the common people of Thailand, stand up for all of them.

Ah, right, so because I point out how Abhisit (The topic of the thread) dealt with the Hmong, you conclude from this response that I have no feeling for the plight of other less fortunate people.

Well in my opinion the reason the gorilla trotted out his usual line was a vain attempt to suggest the government was neglecting a situation that is steeped in years of historic ignorance by successive governments, in order to have a go at Abhisit.

If you can point me in the direction where there were numerous posts from the gorilla criticising the Democrats regarding his concern about the neglect of the hillribe people during the chase of Thaksin around the world.....well fine he has a point

Otherwise, you in your wisdom are supporting nothing more than an attempt at political window dressing, and plastic concern

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

Nice.

Ah, right, so because I point out how Abhisit (The topic of the thread) dealt with the Hmong, you conclude from this response that I have no feeling for the plight of other less fortunate people.

Well in my opinion the reason the gorilla trotted out his usual line was a vain attempt to suggest the government was neglecting a situation that is steeped in years of historic ignorance by successive governments, in order to have a go at Abhisit.

If you can point me in the direction where there were numerous posts from the gorilla criticising the Democrats regarding his concern about the neglect of the hillribe people during the chase of Thaksin around the world.....well fine he has a point

Otherwise, you in your wisdom are supporting nothing more than an attempt at political window dressing, and plastic concern

coffee1.gif

It really warms the cockles on my heart to see that the topic of "Abhisit sues Defence Minister Sukampol ..." is leading to such meaningfull discussion as the plight of the Hmong, the danger of drinking too much coffee and more of that.

Wonderfull, really wonderfull. So, with some wondering about the honorable thing to do, when is the duel?

Perhaps it is because the people you reference do not make make claims of "honesty and integrity" . It is quite like the politicians that are homophobic and then get caught trying to solicit sex fom someone in a public toilet.

Wow. GK do you have some dirt on Karun then? Where was the toilet?

sent from my Wellcom A90+

......and you want to make a court case out of some insignificant little thing that happened over a decade ago?

Big and significant enough for Abhisit to file a defamation lawsuit.

I see it as Abhisit being harassed. If you were sitting at a bus station, and someone across the way kept blowing spitballs over and hitting you in the face, you'd be annoyed. The spitballs are insignificant little wads of paper covered in spit, but the act of propelling them at someone is harassment. Abhisit is, in effect, endeavoring to shut down the spitball spitters.

The gorilla responds to the goading of 473gdo (be careful if you goad a gorilla that's out of his cage). I never said prior Thai administrations did all the right things re; hill tribers being treated as the niggers of Thailand. Plus, I don't know much about the specific issues the Hmong are dealing with in the NE. I'm in northernmost Thailand, and am familiar with Aka, Lisu and Muser, some of whom are dear friends of mine, so I hear and see first hand the discrimination they're up against from Thai bureaucracy.

What a sissy getting his legal team and running to court to sue for defamation. Handle like a man instead more of the primate intellect pervading Thai political arena. One needs to have thicker skin when entering politics and realize that scrutiny is just the nature of the beast. Didn't see OBama filing lawsuits against Donald Trump or others when they accused him of not be elgible to be president. Now that was a BIG deal.

This is grade school bs that evokes even more immature responses. Grow some cajones and either admit (for once) and say so what or say false, apologogize for dude spending time and resources focusing on something so old and stupid and move on.

Candidly, his actions and MO for dealing with situation make it pretty apparent allegations are correct.

Agree with your statements in the above.... My question is: Why did he wait so long to bring the "authentic" documents to light??? Did he have to wait for the ink to dry?

Agree with your statements in the above.... My question is: Why did he wait so long to bring the "authentic" documents to light??? Did he have to wait for the ink to dry?

I thought he produced everything he needed to produce in 1999. Has any new evidence been brought out since then?