Lay'S Potato Chips -- Screw You!

ricklev

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tops carries the best potato chips ever - the german LORENZ brand...

they are a little more expensive, but tasty as hell...

for some strange reason, all things are spicy here, just not the potato chips...

try the lorenz chips...

"crunchips" or "natural"

Edited by ddpffft
  • Like 2

for some strange reason, all things are spicy here, just not the potato chips...

try the lorenz chips...

"crunchips" or "natural"

oh yeahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I was going to suggest Lorenz also. Their salt n vinegar is also excellent! Villa has these.

I have seen Lorenz in Big C and Fresh Mart also.

And the horse you rode to Thailand for your apparent decision to no longer distribute plain chips in Bangkok.

Was there some sort of official announcement? What is an "apparent decision"? And why does this statement make me think of swimming horses? ;)

Lay's has a contest going on now, "Do us a Flavor" with Eva Longoria and (Iron Chef) Michael Symon, soliciting new flavor ideas for chips. The winner gets $1 million (USD) or 1% of the sales, they have to choose.

Some funky suggestions including "Cajun Squirrel", probably submitted from one of the guys on "Duck Dynasty". :)

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lays-potato-chips-teams-up-with-eva-longoria-and-iron-chef-michael-symon-to-invite-consumers-to-create-the-next-great-potato-chip-flavor-2012-07-20-1218310

PRESS RELEASE

July 20, 2012, 12:01 p.m. EDT

Lay's Potato Chips Teams Up With Eva Longoria And Iron Chef Michael Symon To Invite Consumers To Create The Next Great Potato Chip Flavor

"Do Us A Flavor" contest launched in Times Square at first-ever Lay's brand flavor store; Contest winner to be awarded $1 million or one percent of chip flavor's net sales

PLANO, Texas, July 20, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Power up those taste buds -- a nationwide search for the next great Lay's potato chip flavor is officially underway. Lay's, one of the marquee brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, today kicked off its "Do Us A Flavor" contest that invites fans to submit their potato chip flavor ideas for the chance to win $1 million in grand prize money or one percent of their flavor's 2013 net sales (whichever is higher). From now until Oct. 6, consumers can share their flavor inspirations on the Lay's Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/lays ), with the winning flavor being revealed in 2013, the year Lay's - America's most-loved potato chip brand - celebrates its 75-year anniversary.

To launch the contest, the Lay's brand is creating its first-ever pop-up store in New York City's Times Square - a place known for bringing unique flavors from around the world together. At this one-of-a-kind Lay's flavor destination, consumers can sample up to 20 existing Lay's flavors and learn about unique Lay's potato chip flavors from around the world in order to excite their palates and inspire their contest submissions. Actress and restaurateur Eva Longoria, and celebrity chef and restaurateur Michael Symon also will be on hand to encourage fans to submit their winning flavor ideas.

try the lorenz chips...

"crunchips" or "natural"

Most of Thai food are spicy and hot and so the Thai loses their sense of taste and have to add spices to everything to make it taste good

• Like 1

Life is pretty good is all you have to complain about is a lack of a certain type of potato chip

As the saying goes "there is more to life than potato chips"

Might as well just have a plate of salt.whistling.gif

• Like 1

and a new lays flavour i had the misfortune of trying "American Cheesey Paprika"

Paprika chips is hardly an american thing. German, yes, American no.

kettle sea salt and pepper.

lorenz are good, but something about them gives the impression they are 80 percent msg, the flavours are just too defined.

I prefer popcorn made in, of all things, my microwave rice cooker.

butter, parmesan, seasoning salt, onion salt, paprika, you name it. experiment. And you know exactly what you are eating

I do miss my one pound bags of Rippled Chips available everywhere in the USA. Can't seem to find anything bigger here than about 1/4 lb for almost the same price as a pound back home.

But between lack of reasonably priced chips and ice cream, I've probably prevented adding 6 inches to my belly.

God works in strange ways...

I prefer popcorn made in, of all things, my microwave rice cooker.

Okay, spill. Where did you buy the microwave rice cooker? I can't imagine they'd be hard to find in Thailand of all places, but I seem to be looking in all the wrong shops...

Life is pretty good is all you have to complain about is a lack of a certain type of potato chip

As the saying goes "there is more to life than potato chips"

What are you saying? This is probably the second most important thread ever to appear on TV. The most important one of all concerned where to buy Dr. Pepper.

The regular are not to be found in Phuket either. I have a friend that has a few mini marts, and she told me that her chip distributor claims that Lays only uses the best potatoes, which are in shortage now for the plain chips. The #2 potatoes are used for the flavored chips.

I love Kettle brand Salt and Vinegar.

oh god, if you are going to complain about something like this is simply must, MUST be that there are no tortilla chips to speak of here (yes i know you can probably find them somewhere for like 250 baht a bag, not interested). Anyway...... whistling.gif