Bail Jumping Brit Re Arrested For Child Molestation

Rimmer

What a crazy story with an even crazier twist !!!

These Pattaya police are so corrupt it sickens me. They have had my passport since June 16th now and 60k bail money for a false charge of defamation because I swore to another farang in an email. The prosecutor when receiving my case dropped the charges immediately and said that could NEVER make it into a court or the judge would fire him. HE even said that the officer should have never sent him this case and that the officer must be corrupt but guess what..........I still don't have my things back and my next appointment at the prosecutors office isn't until Feb. 4th

That is 8 months that I haven't been able to leave Thailand and where do they think I get money to survive?

It seems this man is over due for more then just an apology and so am I. !!!!!!

Surprized to hear you were bothered by the police in any case! I thought defamation was reserved for Thai citizens in all truth. And I mean that seriously, would not expect the Thai police to take notice of 2 falangs in such a case.

Yes one would think that. My email is a hotmail and the German guys was a German email. Cops just saw a good oportunity to try and extort money from another innocent tourist I guess.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't there very harsh defamation laws in Thailand? You have to be very careful if you accuse somebody, they can very easily sue, and win in court.

He wrongly charged, spent time in jail, his photo published in Pattaya paper.

After he was cleared of charges and he was freed, can he sue the paper that published a photo of him? Or it doesnt work like that?

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1