Foreigner At Home Vs Foreigners In Thailand

WebBangkok

Hi guys and gals,

After reading yest another 500 posts about guys/trolls posting topics on how they sent there money to Thai girlfriends a month. The stories that follow always tends to make my head shake or maybe even gives me a slight chuckle.

I mean I have knows some guys back home who get shafted, but never even close to what I hear about in Thailand. I mean if a girlfriend in Sydney asked him to send her money every month. 99.9% of men would piss themselves laughing and walk off.

So whats with it here? Why do so many men get trapped? Whats the reasons?

Is it just the power of the cat?

Some of them just look too cute to say no too?

People genuinely want to help the girls out here?

Guys just want to experience getting shafted for a new experience?

A fetish?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its easy back home the guys did not have enough money to rent love and here they do. Then they forget they are renting and think its real love and they are a hansum man. The girl cheats or steals too much and then they break up.

Solution get a girl without flashing cash around and you will be ok.

• Like 2

I think its a fettish! They get shafted at home, come here and think wow lets get shafted in Thailand. If your 50 + years old, having a young lady young enough to be your daughter, tell you she loves you, wants to be with you long time! Well you can see my point! That doesnt happen ever back home, they would look at you as a perv. But here in Thailand!!!!!

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 2

Its easy back home the guys did not have enough money to rent love and here they do. Then they forget they are renting and think its real love and they are a hansum man. The girl cheats or steals too much and then they break up.

I think a lot of truth in that..

I think the following are the normal reasons:

1. Guy meets bar girl and wants her to stop bar so needs to support her.

2. Guy meets bar girl and she wants to stop bar so he needs to support her.

3 Guy meets bar girl and .........

get the picture !!!

I think a lot of truth in that..

I think the following are the normal reasons:

1. Guy meets bar girl and wants her to stop bar so needs to support her.

2. Guy meets bar girl and she wants to stop bar so he needs to support her.

3 Guy meets bar girl and .........

get the picture !!!

4 Guy is not 100% in his head.

Its a special favour for those of us who have no-one else we can feel superior to.

I can't remember the last time I heard such a story, but I am sick of people going on about how many such stories there are. Perhaps if you asked stupid questions about your own situation, instead of stupid questions about hypothetical others, you might get more entertaining answers.

Alternatively, if you must persist, why not ask stupid questions about someone who does not correspond to such a tired and worn out stereotype?

SC

So how much are you paying per month?

Edited by WebBangkok

Its a special favour for those of us who have no-one else we can feel superior to.

I can't remember the last time I heard such a story, but I am sick of people going on about how many such stories there are. Perhaps if you asked stupid questions about your own situation, instead of stupid questions about hypothetical others, you might get more entertaining answers.

Alternatively, if you must persist, why not ask stupid questions about someone who does not correspond to such a tired and worn out stereotype?

SC

I send about a large proportion after tax home to the joint account. Isn't that what most people do if they're working overseas?

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 1

SC

ouch.........

• Like 1

It's usually that men fall in lust love and genuinely want to help the girls out they meet on holiday, reasoning that its only a little bit of cash to them and a lot to them. Or, they want to keep them out of the bar and loyal to them not realising that when their sweetheart drops them off at the airport, they are meeting their other Farang whose flight has just landed.

• Like 1

I think its about empowering the male who does it. A man from another country can send a Thai woman an amount of money that is small in his economy. Perhaps less than he spends on entertainment for a month.For that simple price he feels he can keep a young woman in the belief she will wait for him and cherish every moment they share, because of his supposed generousity. It gives him bragging rights with his beer buddies. He can come to Thailand and have his trophy hanging off his arm.

In his home country he probably is lucky to "grab a grannie". I should add I believe a person isnot a foreigner in the home country and think its called resident.

How many guys do any of you know that can afford to keep a woman outside their own home as a mistress, in their home country?

• Like 1

I pay my wife each month. I've lived here for 5 years so I know how it's works. It's only stupid when you're not getting anything in return for it(for example living abroad while your bar "girlfriend" is still giving whistling.gif jobs). In my case I get plenty of companionship and sex with the deal.

If you want to have a woman, you have to pay. Some pay it through giving their house or assets up after divorce. Some pay it through a monthly allowance. Same same.

• Like 1

I pay my wife each month. I've lived here for 5 years so I know how it's works. It's only stupid when you're not getting anything in return for it(for example living abroad while your bar "girlfriend" is still giving whistling.gif jobs). In my case I get plenty of companionship and sex with the deal.

If you want to have a woman, you have to pay. Some pay it through giving their house or assets up after divorce. Some pay it through a monthly allowance. Same same.

You've just described marriage............sad.png

• Like 1

You've just described marriage............sad.png

That's a well skewed idea of lifelong companionship in my view.

Each to their own I suppose.

• Like 1

SC

I have to agree. She bought our house (100% loan, nothing down). I make the payments. It is less than I paid in rent when I was alone for 50% more space and convenience. She has a 30 year loan. In 30 years I'll be 100 years old.

It reminds me of the young and old threads. Or the paid sex vs I don't know I am paying for sex threads.

There must be some need to denigrate others that is rampant among certain sectors of Thai Visa members. That nice guy from Scotland has tried to start two positive threads lately without any success. It just can't be done here.

What rubbish! I was married for many years and when we separated (after retiring here), I got half of everything - the same as I would have received in the UK.

And yes, I worked throughout our married life earning roughly the same as my husband!

Edit - It wouldn't have crossed either of our minds that I should be 'paid' for staying at home! Even if I stayed at home to look after children, we would have shared incoming funds equally - being 'paid' was never an option...

Edited by F1fanatic

SC

Have you ever succeeded in effectively communicating with your thai lover with such an overly analytical mentality? Did you find a doctor to fall in love with you or do you just love the superiority complex over the farm girls?

• Like 1

It might be strange to you but i know many guys who are not paying their g/f's actually their gf is sharing in the costs and has her own job. I know it a real novel idea for many guys an independent woman.

It is not a silly or novel idea. It is probably 99% of the men in Thailand wives are contributing the same or more than the males living here.

What is silly or novel is that you don't realize it. Or that you think the only thing contributed to a relationship is money. As you get older; and hopefully wiser you will gain an understanding that not everything is based on cash. Or not everything is based on not cash.

Is your wife roughly equivalent to you in age, intelligence, education and general physical appearance? If that is the case then maybe you are contributing equally to the relationship.

My wife is younger than I (a lot), better educated (2 more degrees), far better looking, she is also very flexible (yoga daily). Do you think we should contribute money equally to the relationship? If I give more cash and she gives more love and support does that mean she is not independent or we are not sharing equally in the costs of the relationship?

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 2

It's usually that men fall in lust love and genuinely want to help the girls out they meet on holiday, reasoning that its only a little bit of cash to them and a lot to them. Or, they want to keep them out of the bar and loyal to them not realising that when their sweetheart drops them off at the airport, they are meeting their other Farang whose flight has just landed.

Of the 10 million men who visit Thailand what percent do you think do that? Maybe 1/2 of one percent and it is 30% of the posts in the general forum on Thai Visa. Why? Oh and I included the INTERNET Romeos in that half of one percent.

• Like 1

SC

Have you ever succeeded in effectively communicating with your thai lover with such an overly analytical mentality? Did you find a doctor to fall in love with you or do you just love the superiority complex over the farm girls?

Are you saying Thai girlfriends are for simpletons? That one can't expect to have an intelligent convesration with a Thai girl?

I normally try to converse on the same level as others in the conversation, and had rashly assumed that people discussing an issue in an English language text forum could read and understand written English. I do try to keep the paragraphs short.

SC