If You Don't Like It, Go Home.

Pseudolus

I didn't read the "Dog Poo" thread., not the kind of thing I'm interested in, however I'll accept on your word that you've found one verifiable constantly negative poster.

Hardly a crowd and by my own admition easily skipped.

Ahh mate - the thing is that people who say that thread was all negative didn't read it either. Same as on this thread a poster read a post by theblether, decided that therefore the whole thread was a racist diatribe, chucked their own remarks in as well whilst cleaarly stating they had not read the thread. The people that harp on about the dog poo thread still believe the thread was actually about dog poo. it wasn't. All they had done was read a retort by one of their cronies, made assumptions, and got it all wrong and created a lot of nastiness. Don't fall into that trap.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a bit more complicated than that. There was a german couple also flying. They also got split up. We originally did "trades" with other passengers such that the german couple would sit together and we would sit together. But then everyone realized that the seat numbers were wrong. We were in the rear part of the plane on the side (with the two seats). It was basically a multiple party "swap" wherein people who wanted to sit together were trading seats, and it involved like 3 sets of people. It was complicated and I don't remember all the details of the swap. I do remember if the British guy had moved, we ALL could have sat together. The germans on the other side of the aisle, and me and her on the right side (in the two seat things). He didn't move. The Germans could not sit directly next to each other, so the German dude took my seat next to her, but he was sort of next to his GF in that they were across the aisle from each other. I ended up four or five rows ahead of her. The other couple also was split up. So he didn't just split us up, he like split up three couples. And no she was not sitting next to a brit; she was sitting next to a 20's something muscular German.

As for the flight, there is no direct flight from Vienna to BKK. We had to take a connecting flight which was delayed. We got put on another plane when we got on the flight from either Berlin or Munich to Thailand. (I don't remember which one.)

"I don’t know if Princess will have someone reading this to her but if she does, remember who was your first one, dear.

Stop scowling, I paid the hospital bill and I know I should have used more lubricant".

Sounds like rape to me and you glorifying in it with the rest of the stickman clan. nice.

Anyone who counts on CMkelly as a supporter / friend should read his writings. I actually felt physically sick reading one of them. And yes, misogynistic psychopaths are proven to write this kind of stuff and believe it is harmless.

Some people should not read adult material.

Some people should not think there are a good writer, and realise the difference between good prose, and the misogynistic sado masochist fantasies ( I hope they are in fantasy as opposed to real accounts of your deeds) of a man who clearly has both sociopathic and psychopathic tendencies.

I didn't read the "Dog Poo" thread., not the kind of thing I'm interested in, however I'll accept on your word that you've found one verifiable constantly negative poster.

Hardly a crowd and by my own admition easily skipped.

Ahh mate - the thing is that people who say that thread was all negative didn't read it either. Same as on this thread a poster read a post by theblether, decided that therefore the whole thread was a racist diatribe, chucked their own remarks in as well whilst cleaarly stating they had not read the thread. The people that harp on about the dog poo thread still believe the thread was actually about dog poo. it wasn't. All they had done was read a retort by one of their cronies, made assumptions, and got it all wrong and created a lot of nastiness. Don't fall into that trap.

I agree. Taking quotes out of context can drastically change the author's meaning depending on the warped sense of morality or reality of the critic. The dog poo thread was about the intolerance of Thai people and not fecal matter at all.

As for the flight, there is no direct flight from Vienna to BKK. We had to take a connecting flight which was delayed. We got put on another plane when we got on the flight from either Berlin or Munich to Thailand. (I don't remember which one.)

When was this flight? Let try to be precise here with a year. 2008? 2009?

Also, it was a german that stole your seat, and you wanted to shift a guy who had booked an Isle seat where exactly? into a seat in the middle of a row? And the seats you moved too were someone elses seat?

"I don’t know if Princess will have someone reading this to her but if she does, remember who was your first one, dear.

Stop scowling, I paid the hospital bill and I know I should have used more lubricant".

Sounds like rape to me and you glorifying in it with the rest of the stickman clan. nice.

Anyone who counts on CMkelly as a supporter / friend should read his writings. I actually felt physically sick reading one of them. And yes, misogynistic psychopaths are proven to write this kind of stuff and believe it is harmless.

Some people should not read adult material.

Some people should not think there are a good writer, and realise the difference between good prose, and the misogynistic sado masochist fantasies ( I hope they are in fantasy as opposed to real accounts of your deeds) of a man who clearly has both sociopathic and psychopathic tendencies.

So now you are a literary ctitic too? And a psychologist too? A man of many talents. Well you know what they say. Any publicity is good publicity, thanks.smile.png

So now you are a literary ctitic too? And a psychologist too? A man of many talents. Well you know what they say. Any publicity is good publicity, thanks.smile.png

I'm well read. Let's put it that way. You are welcome to the publicity - if you want it. Personally if I had a choice between being labelled a Thai hater and having people read that kind of prose and therefore having an insight into my personality like that, then I would take the thai hater label any day of the week. I assume your writings are fact based then?

I'm well read. Let's put it that way. You are welcome to the publicity - if you want it. Personally if I had a choice between being labelled a Thai hater and having people read that kind of prose and therefore having an insight into my personality like that, then I would take the thai hater label any day of the week. I assume your writings are fact based then?

Read them and make up your own mind. But you should read all of them before you come to a conclusion. A writer only writes; meaning is always determined by the reader. What you have told us is far more of a commentary about you than I. I only make an ink blot. You figure out what it means.

Off topic but one of the posters here asked me if I was the real CMK a few days ago because he thought my posts did not read like my writing. That's the reason I rarely mentioned it here. The writing evokes strong responses. That is what it is supposed to do.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I don't hang out on the news forum - but negativity about the news here in Thailand - I'm shocked at the thought.

I gotta agree with you it is incredibly negative. The current goverment can do nothing right and the old government could do nothing wrong. The posters are 100% committed to one view or the other. No one seems to have a balanced view. No one supports the government in some things and not others. It's all or nothing.

It was a bit more complicated than that. There was a german couple also flying. They also got split up. We originally did "trades" with other passengers such that the german couple would sit together and we would sit together. But then everyone realized that the seat numbers were wrong. We were in the rear part of the plane on the side (with the two seats). It was basically a multiple party "swap" wherein people who wanted to sit together were trading seats, and it involved like 3 sets of people. It was complicated and I don't remember all the details of the swap. I do remember if the British guy had moved, we ALL could have sat together. The germans on the other side of the aisle, and me and her on the right side (in the two seat things). He didn't move. The Germans could not sit directly next to each other, so the German dude took my seat next to her, but he was sort of next to his GF in that they were across the aisle from each other. I ended up four or five rows ahead of her. The other couple also was split up. So he didn't just split us up, he like split up three couples. And no she was not sitting next to a brit; she was sitting next to a 20's something muscular German.

Was there any music playing while all this was going on ?

Well, on youtube, which has videos of the direct flights from Vienna to BKK for every year going back almost a decade, there music playing as people board the planes.

I gotta agree with you it is incredibly negative. The current goverment can do nothing right and the old government could do nothing wrong. The posters are 100% committed to one view or the other. No one seems to have a balanced view. No one supports the government in some things and not others. It's all or nothing.

I'm glad we agree on something.

But here's a question. Do you surpose the polarised views in Thailand's political debate might stem from Thailand's polarised politics - the politics of division, red ir yellow, them and us, you are with us or against us?

Polarised politics and polarised justice breading polarised political views - I don't see the fault lies with the commentaters, who to my view are being played like fiddles by both sides..

There we go again "both sides".

Edited by GuestHouse

@pseudolus........I pointed out that the OP was comical, then the topic took a turn down a different road. I made a point of not attacking any member for their contributions to the thread, I have left it to people to review what they said in the cold light of day.

I don't do trolling...I confront. Anyone reading the unexpunged version of this thread last night would have been disgusted at what they were reading. Approx 20 replies were removed so that will tell you how far into the gutter some people went.

I have nothing more to add, my previous reply explains all.

• Like 1

But here's a question. Do you surpose the polarised views in Thailand's political debate might stem from Thailand's polarised politics - the politics of division, red ir yellow, them and us, you are with us or against us?

Polarised politics and polarised justice breading polarised political views - I don't see the fault lies with rhe commentaters, who to my view are being played like fiddles by both sudes.

No, I don't think so. For example, for her age and situation in life the PM is an attractive woman. The anti posters can only make comments about how ugly and immoral she is. Nothing to do with her politics. She can't say anything right or do anything right or look right. The venom is so severe that it takes over. Any rational person knows no one is 100% right or wrong. Yet the Thai haters or red haters see everything as bad. 100% of Pattaya is not bad. 100% of bar girls are not bad. See what I mean? Some posters can't use the word old man withour including the word dirty. It is just one of those Thai Visa things.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

^ CM you've missed the point about polarised poltics and polarised justice.

Not my point about these things but the point intended by those who enact polarised politics and polarised justice.

There political battle for power going on - the stakes are control of Thailand for decades to come.

What the current PM looks like or even the sucess or failure of her policies is irrelavent - don't get mislead by the side show.

• Like 1

@pseudolus........I pointed out that the OP was comical, then the topic took a turn down a different road. I made a point of not attacking any member for their contributions to the thread, I have left it to people to review what they said in the cold light of day.

I don't do trolling...I confront. Anyone reading the unexpunged version of this thread last night would have been disgusted at what they were reading. Approx 20 replies were removed so that will tell you how far into the gutter some people went.

blether, thank you for being you. I mean for being a force that centers us back to where we should be when others try to distract us a way.

And I guess that the stuff last night was pretty bad (I slept through it though). I can surmise that they were directed at me so thank you cdnvic for removing it.

It is getting to the point that this thread is a circus, a one man circus. The audience is not being entertained, it is the man in the center ring. Time to go.

Not my point about these things but the point intended by those who enact polarised politics and polarised justice.

There political battle for power going on - the stakes are control of Thailand for decades to come.

What the current PM looks like or even the sucess or failure of her policies is irrelavent - don't get mislead by the side show.

I get that. I was just talking about the negative posters. I wrote a funny story about a Union Jack tattoo and a poster called me a sociopath, potential murderer. I wouldn't worry too much about the political future of Thailand after all they went from declaring war on us to being out staunch allies in only a few months. Some people don't get satire. Some people are so anti Thai or sex or gay people that they simply freak out. Remember the lady boy thread?

I get that. I was just talking about the negative posters. I wrote a funny story about a Union Jack tattoo and a poster called me a sociopath, potential murderer. I wouldn't worry too much about the political future of Thailand after all they went from declaring war on us to being out staunch allies in only a few months. Some people don't get satire. Some people are so anti Thai or sex or gay people that they simply freak out. Remember the lady boy thread?

Mm sure it wasn't you who didn't get the sarcastic jokes then? rolleyes.gif

Actually the original post was not comical. I was making a comparison that the people who shout "go home" in Thailand are the same people who shout "go home" when they are in their own home country at ethnic minorities. As a Scotsman, you will be very aware of this type of behaviour even though you are not one of those voices apparently. The thread went pretty much as I had assumed it would, with straight away (before the first moderation) about 15 posts tell me in no uncertain terms to "f#$k off". I even predicted this in my post (10 post until I am told to leave / go home. )-. It was a sensible discussion all the way along, even one of the most thaier than thai posters said as much which amazed me. it then got thrown off kilter by a troll post (off topic, inflammatory) albeit by someone you hold in great esteem, and into a circle of spite. However, I have re read this many times and the only aggression or nastiness I can see are from the people who believe it is fair to shout "Oii what you looking at" in a bar if you accidentally happen to glance their way. The OP was about the mentality of these people. And it has been proven. Please clarify for me, because you are not answering the PM I sent you asking this, if by "unexpunged" (sic) thread you refer to posts made before or after 10pm thai time last night.

I am a long way from being perfect. There may be a lot of things I don't get.

• Like 1

blether, thank you for being you. I mean for being a force that centers us back to where we should be when others try to distract us a way.

And I guess that the stuff last night was pretty bad (I slept through it though). I can surmise that they were directed at me so thank you cdnvic for removing it.

It is getting to the point that this thread is a circus, a one man circus. The audience is not being entertained, it is the man in the center ring. Time to go.

Actually, from what I can see from the thread from before 10pm and this morning, most of the posts removed were yours. Funny that!

Polarised politics and polarised justice breading polarised political views - I don't see the fault lies with the commentaters, who to my view are being played like fiddles by both sides..

Of course the polarised views might stem from polarised politics. But I believe that a lot of the views presented on TV are very much a revoicing of the views of the posters' wives or girlfriends. Those with red w/gfs spout the red line and those with yellow w/gfs spout the yellow line. As a precentage, how many TV posters are sufficiently fluent in Thai to develop their own opinion based on all media. Not that many.

• Like 1

I am a long way from being perfect. There may be a lot of things I don't get.

One thing you will be getting is a few more hits on stick man for your articles.

Perhaps we should be more constructive than telling people to go home. What alternatives could we offer?

If you don't like it:

- grit your teeth and think of England.

- lump it.

- share your woes with a friend, who'll help you see the funny side.

- take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing, end them.

I'm sure others can also contribute helpful suggestions for those amongst us mired in their misery.

SC

Perhaps we should be more constructive than telling people to go home. What alternatives could we offer?

If you don't like it:

- grit your teeth and think of England.

- lump it.

- share your woes with a friend, who'll help you see the funny side.

- take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing, end them.

I'm sure others can also contribute helpful suggestions for those amongst us mired in their misery.

SC

Very good advices indeed, i like the third one .. Personally i throw darts,if i'm angry, it makes me feel cool.

For the really though cases, i know some breathing technique to dissipate negativity, it works wonders !

In one case i went looking for a powerful Monk until i found him..He gave me a great advice and took my anger out just touching my head.

What else can you do..mmmm... Start a thread on TV...whistling.gif