Has Anyone Actually Seen A Ghost In Thailand?

Chads

it sounds elitist but the facts speak for themselves- ghosts and religious experience are both found far more in backward nations that suppress proper education and thrive ,even promote belief in the supernatural.

What a load of nonsense!

In the United States, 'the incidence of Exorcism has been on a steady rise. There has been a 750 percent increase in the number of Exorcisms performed between the early 1960s and the mid-1970s. Over the same period, there has been an alarming increase in the number of requested Possessions - that is, cases in which the Possessed formally request Satan to possess them... Each year, some 800 to 1,300 major Exorcisms, and some thousands of minor Exorcisms are performed.'

Martin, M (1992). Hostage to the Devil: The Possession and Exorcism of Five Contemporary Americans. San Francisco: Harper San Francisco.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if those who disclaim the existence of ghosts believe themselves to be spiritual beings?

I wonder of they know Laws of Thermodynamics?

There are many people scared to look into the unknown.

I wonder if they've ever talked with Thai monk about it, a Catholic Priest, a Rabbi, etc.

I used to be totally defiant against religion and still don't care much about it but spirituality is a completely different kettle of fish.

I guess I had to go to hell, in ,my own way, to start believing in spirituality as a way of life.

I really don't understand posters who say, she believes in ghosts and she 30 years old!"

or Thai people, or Buddhists are stupid because of their faith, which includes ghosts.

What do you mean with "spirituality"?

Does it mean to believe in spirits, ghosts, angels?

Not my definition!

Edited by nidieunimaitre

No, though I once had a "moment" which scared the bottom toffee out of me.

I was up on a condo roof in Bangkok having a few drinks with some pals.

I went for a wazz and as I was walking back I saw a man standing next to a door by the side of me where no man had been before.

I froze rooted to the spot and when I looked back the man was gone.

I legged it to my pals all of a twitter and told them what I'd seen. They all legged it in terror leaving me to clear up.

Emboldened by a stiff vodka and tonic I went back for another look and to my great shame I noticed that it was how the light had hit the steel door which gave the impression of a bloke standing there if glanced at quickly (as I had done).

It's easy to see how people can get themselves in a frame of mind which makes them think they've seen something however.

The bottom line is that in over 100 years of serious paranormal research not one shred of evidence to the existence of ghosts has been produced.

One hopes the world awaits a breakthrough with open minds but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 2

The existence of ghosts will become clear to us only if we keep a positive and open mind and study it. Instead of dismissing their existence the imagination, we must question it. Only then will great knowledge be opened to us. Why do some refuse to believe? Fear, is the answer I think. Many scientists are scared of their proof. When someone suggested the Earth was round, the scientists of the time were terrified. Personally, I've had an out of boy experience and also been hypnotically regressed to a past life. There is a lot more to this world than meets the eye.

Edited by Neeranam

The existence of ghosts will become clear to us only if we keep a positive and open mind and study it. Instead of dismissing their existence the imagination, we must question it. Only then will great knowledge be opened to us. Why do some refuse to believe? Fear, is the answer I think. Many scientists are scared of their proof. When someone suggested the Earth was round, the scientists of the time were terrified. Personally, I've had an out of boy experience and also been hypnotically regressed to a past life. There is a lot more to this world than meets the eye.

If I understand you correctly: not being superstitious is based on fear?

Far out man, can you send me some of that stuff you are using?

I went for a wazz and as I was walking back I saw a man standing next to a door by the side of me where no man had been before.

I legged it to my pals all of a twitter and told them what I'd seen. They all legged it in terror leaving me to clear up.

Emboldened by a stiff vodka and tonic I went back for another look and to my great shame I noticed that it was how the light had hit the steel door which gave the impression of a bloke standing there if glanced at quickly (as I had done).

It's easy to see how people can get themselves in a frame of mind which makes them think they've seen something however.

The bottom line is that in over 100 years of serious paranormal research not one shred of evidence to the existence of ghosts has been produced.

One hopes the world awaits a breakthrough with open minds but I'm not holding my breath.

laugh.png I did this once....one night i woke up in bed and looking around saw a huge bloke crouching next to my door with big round head...i was petrified lying in bed and could not move...it was not until my brain kicked in and my eyes adjusted to the darkness, then I realised it was my basketball on top of the shoe rack....laugh.png

• Like 1

laugh.png I did this once....one night i woke up in bed and looking around saw a huge bloke crouching next to my door with big round head...i was petrified lying in bed and could not move...it was not until my brain kicked in and my eyes adjusted to the darkness, then I realised it was my basketball on top of the shoe rack....laugh.png

Thank heavens for that, thought you were going to say it was JT. w00t.gif

You post, just like the topic question, is rubbish because by asking if anyone believes you already make the case that ghosts are real and are asking who else has come around to your belief which you are portraying as a fact already. Asking "Do you believe in God?" is equally wrong.

The burden of proof should be on you to present any evidence to back up what you want others to believe, not to ask a loaded question that already states that you are correct when all logic and reason that we have acquired over thousands of years to get to this point we are at now in our understanding of the universe proves you are wrong.

Also I think its a bit hypocritical to use the flat earth society as a way to prove your crazy backwards theories about ghosts are correct when that exact argument should be used against you!! :)

• Like 2

it sounds elitist but the facts speak for themselves- ghosts and religious experience are both found far more in backward nations that suppress proper education and thrive ,even promote belief in the supernatural.

What a load of nonsense!

In the United States, 'the incidence of Exorcism has been on a steady rise. There has been a 750 percent increase in the number of Exorcisms performed between the early 1960s and the mid-1970s. Over the same period, there has been an alarming increase in the number of requested Possessions - that is, cases in which the Possessed formally request Satan to possess them... Each year, some 800 to 1,300 major Exorcisms, and some thousands of minor Exorcisms are performed.'

Martin, M (1992). Hostage to the Devil: The Possession and Exorcism of Five Contemporary Americans. San Francisco: Harper San Francisco.

Have to admit they had a pretty good head start with the amount of LSD that was knocking about then................wink.png

Just Sayin'