Why Do So Many Men Let Themselves Go Over Here?

thenervoussurgeon

Except some rare nutter, i didn't see many who fit in the description..Where are you living OP ?

Wow just came back and saw all the replies ,must have hit the right note ,actually i live just outside Pattaya and must admit around the house tend to just wear shorts ,but when we go out always try to dress nicely ,not flash as i have got to the age where i no longer feel the need to wear the latest fashions ,but as i have stated on other threads her indoors is 23 years younger than me slim quit attractive and dresses nicely so i feel it would be a bit strange if i was out in my singlet long shorts with black socks and sandals,

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except some rare nutter, i didn't see many who fit in the description..Where are you living OP ?

Wow just came back and saw all the replies ,must have hit the right note ,actually i live just outside Pattaya and must admit around the house tend to just wear shorts ,but when we go out always try to dress nicely ,not flash as i have got to the age where i no longer feel the need to wear the latest fashions ,but as i have stated on other threads her indoors is 23 years younger than me slim quit attractive and dresses nicely so i feel it would be a bit strange if i was out in my singlet long shorts with black socks and sandals,

I can never get a good jacket to fit me........straight jacket excepted

post-113733-0-59615300-1348409231_thumb.

I don't know how many of you are Americans but we have a very relaxed dress code. I work all over the world and normally feel underdressed compared to people in most other countries. I'm tall, in shape and have the means to dress better but I feel the pressure not to look too nice as my mates will comment about it as I'm trying too hard to impress.

BTW, I'm invited to a dinner and they said "Casual Smart UK." Anybody know what that means?

I don't know how many of you are Americans but we have a very relaxed dress code. I work all over the world and normally feel underdressed compared to people in most other countries. I'm tall, in shape and have the means to dress better but I feel the pressure not to look too nice as my mates will comment about it as I'm trying too hard to impress.

BTW, I'm invited to a dinner and they said "Casual Smart UK." Anybody know what that means?

Cheap Charlies?

Edited by kennedy

Wear boxers cos the wet patch tells all. thumbsup.gif ..............laugh.png

Morning suit...hat...cane....handkerchief.

Grow a moustache as well by preference.

No drinks other than gin before 3pm.

I liked the picture of quasimodo ,do you know its a fact that even his ugly brother is able to get a date in Pattaya

I liked the picture of quasimodo ,do you know its a fact that even his ugly brother is able to get a date in Pattaya

ive seen worse with attractive thai girls.

I think the presentation issue is likely to vary according to the age of the individual concerned.

I doubt many older men are particularly bothered by the vagaries of fashion since, as advancing years often coincides with the kind of increased corpulence that renders them less able to carry off even moderately stylish apparel, the shorts, socks, sandals and singlet combo has the advantage of actually fitting them whilst facilitating the additional cooling their alcohol/sloth-induced hypertension demands. Having said that, the older guy may have had a lifetime of conformity under his belt and, in retirement, wants to stick two fingers up to convention.

Younger men (and, from what I've seen at the local fitness centre, some older men) who go to the gym, drink a little less and are partial to . . . ooh, I dunno . . . a piece of fruit from time to time, generally want to wear clothes that reflect their youthfulness and style. They may whish to show a little deference to the locals' preference for reasonable standards of presentation given its propensity to help smoothe the way through interactive situations where a couple of crumpled 100-baht notes would be deemed inappropriate.

As I said, each to his own.

I'm sure it's probably already been said but maybe they're tourist and they aren't used to this really hot weather, they are walking around visiting temples and tourist destinations, they don't really care how trendy they look--

A side note---all the Thais in my neighborhood wear their pjs or crappy looking clothes walking around their neighborhoods too. Maybe some 'farang' live in areas that a lot of people are but they don't feel like dressing up to go out and get some food really quick or just going somewhere around their house.

edit*spelling error

Edited by ihunnieibee

For 1000 baht ANYONE can get a date in Pattaya !wub.png

Yes seem to see him all over Thailandlaugh.png

Im from the Uk and can guarantee you this is smart casual UK

Check first so any colour you choose doesnt clash with other guests.

post-113733-0-64969100-1348415944_thumb.

I was in a bar in BKK wearing a business suit & my drinking buddy was wearing shorts & tee shirt. A gorgeous girl agreed to join me in my hotel. He said "shows what a good appearance does for you". I smiled to myself as I put my wallet back in my pocket.

Edited by simple1

I smiled to myself as I put my wallet back in my pocket.

...and paid her in the morning....

I only ever leave the house in full tuxedo even if I'm just nipping to 7-11 for some tabs as I wouldn't want to let the side down.....

True, but ever heard of a bar fine?smile.png

Edited by simple1

perhaps they are just like me and care a flying fàrt what others think of their attire?

I agree comletely with you, for once.To proof my point a picture of my regular outfit since I arrived 4509341367_11a90901d2_z.jpg Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

Uhm, black socks are a no-no near the beach where i live..White socks are ok, don't forget to replace them when they turn yellowish.sick.gif

Certainly being able to dress casually is one of the pluses of living here, and my shirts and shorts are always ironed, but I haven't worn a pair of dress shoes or a tie in 4 years, and can't see me wearing either in the forseeable future. I remember seeing a T Shirt in Pattaya that said "This is as dressed up as I get".

A yob on the forum eh. laugh.png

yes, just the one.

For 1000 baht ANYONE can get a date in Pattaya !wub.png

indeed, but knowing what 1000 Baht in pattaya gets you, why would they want one.

On another note, once that american ship hits landfall, it may well not be true.

Let yourself go? Quite inexcusable!

Normally, in my village, I like to wear a cream silk shirt with a pastel blue cravat. For the nether garments, a pair of well pressed linen trousers and white silk socks and two-tone leather shoes. I like to set this pleasant dress off with a jaunty cap or fedora, the latter enhanced with a colourful hat band. I find an ebony cane, (silver tipped), seldom fails to impress and a long cigarette holder, with a nice Balkan blend tobacco smoke nicely completes the picture of elegant affluence that I like to present and which. I believe, the local rice farmers and the poorer folk recognise and appreciate.

It gives them an example.......something to admire and aspire to, don't you think?

I hope you wear plus fours on the golfing course.

when you can get laid for a pittance, what difference does it make how you look ?

One must hang ones trousers up first in order to maintain the crease and the shirt should be hung with al buttons closed to keep its shape. Socks two days in a row are a no no and one must have those thingys that one puts in one's shoes to keep them in shape. Shoes should be highly polished with either Marmite or Vegemite and by the time you have completed this, your Thai princess who thought you wanted her swinging off the chandeliers will be totally un-rousable and your only alternative will be a bit of snuck starfish or a jolly good sleep.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

perhaps they are just like me and care a flying fàrt what others think of their attire?

I've got to agree, I'm not here to impress anyone, especially living on the beach in a tourist area with not a care in the world what other wannabe's think. If I lived in Isaan...................well I'd never live in Isaan.

thumbsup.gif .... although if I have to go to the big city, to the other world, I'll dress properly and respectfully