If You Would Know, That A Major Financial Tsunami Is About To Come

Yes but it gives a trend .. When UK interest rates tick up ...will surely be very negative ( as they talk again about a downgrade ) ....also consider exchange rates if one is living in Thailand .

I don't think interest rates will be going up any time soon. They can not; it would bankrupt everyone, the whole system. That's my bet anyway; with my money where my mouth is.

Analysing the rental return to investment ratio in many areas using the websites can find you returns of 10+ % , more obviously with the leverage of a mortgage.

I'm currently making around 25-35% (with myself doing all the leg work that is)

Aiming for capital appreciation in the "micro markets", as another poster said, is an option but the rental yield will not be do great.

So it's swings and roundabouts really.

I like a good healthy % profits every year do I can reinvest in what ever I chose, have money for alive and have a cushion in case of interest rate rises or drop in house capital value can be say out comfortably.

Yes but it gives a trend .. When UK interest rates tick up ...will surely be very negative ( as they talk again about a downgrade ) ....also consider exchange rates if one is living in Thailand .

Not for Inner London it doesn't.

From what I've seen recently - there seems to be some property markets that have local based pricing that are impacted by the local economy (most of UK and US, all of the rest of Europe, Africa) and then there are some 'micro markets' that have internatioanl pricing because people from China, the Middle East, SE Asia who still have money to invest want to buy in these specific areas. The right parts of London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong will still fetch good prices - even if the rest of the area is a depressed market. There are also less obvious areas; such as York in the UK, Nariman Point and Collaba in Mumbai, Gangnam in Seoul (of Gangnam-style fame) and parts of Florida that fetch good prices as they are on the international market ..... but you need good local knowledge to find the right areas. I guess parts of Chitlom/Ploenchit in Bangkok could be one of these areas?

Spot on. Re: 'parts of Chitlom/Ploenchit in Bangkok', I don't know enough about the BKK market to comment.