Foreign Men Who Come To Thailand To Find A Relationship

IntellectualFarang

I tend to find the most judgemental posters on Thaivisa are the biggest pr*cks and losers in real life.

I wouldn't wish to comment on that. Your feedback is rather rude!!!

But you are obviously the kind of man who would never need to come to Bangkok or Manila to find a partner. With your obvious confidence and self-assurance, I'm sure you are surrounded by pretty girls in your own country!

I trust and hope you are happy with your "farang" partner.

I prefer the mongrel type.......

Worlds%20Ugliest%20Dog_ViewSize.jpg

Pretty is over-rated. Do you like Mongrels? coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or maybe many of us do not like what is actually available back in our own countries. We DO have a choice, you know.

Personally, I never had issues with what was available to me back in England. There were/are plenty of good-looking, sexy, intelligent and engaging Western women with whom ordinary men are hooking up and settling down even as we discuss this tired old subject for the umpteenth time.

As one poster says, some guys just prefer what they perceive as the Asian female's more "traditional" outlook and expectations of the male/female relationship. There really is nothing wrong with that in and of itself but, from my personal observations, the kind of men that rock up in Thailand aren't just looking for that.

No, these guys come to Thailand to find women who are aesthetically a cut above what they could ever hope to attract and retain in their homelands and one of the main reasons they succeed is because Thai women appear to be less complicated. By virtue of their greater wealth (relative to the available local men), the playing field is made level and there is little if any need to develop a grasp of the little things that make a woman - any woman - tick as there is back home. They also take considerable comfort in the knowledge that if they repeat their farangland misdemeanours and screw up the liaison with their teerak, there's a veritable legion of potential replacements around every single corner.

Any ordinary, middle-aged, plain and, for lack of a better term, boring man who'd score a lowly 4/10 on the desirability scales back home can suddenly find himself catapulted to a 7/10 the moment he exits Suvarnabhum. Within hours he can be in the arms of the type of younger, more feminine, fitter, seemingly more compliant woman he could only dream of bagging in the UK, US or Europe.

Thing is though, times are a-changing. Lots more middle class Thai guys joining the party and baht exchange rates with Western dosh are on a downward trend so better to make hay while the sun shines before they shut off the music, confiscate the punchbowl and turf the "losers" out onto the pavement.

Or maybe many of us do not like what is actually available back in our own countries. We DO have a choice, you know.

Personally, I never had issues with what was available to me back in England. There were/are plenty of good-looking, sexy, intelligent and engaging Western women with whom ordinary men are hooking up and settling down even as we discuss this tired old subject for the umpteenth time.

As one poster says, some guys just prefer what they perceive as the Asian female's more "traditional" outlook and expectations of the male/female relationship. There really is nothing wrong with that in and of itself but, from my personal observations, the kind of men that rock up in Thailand aren't just looking for that.

No, these guys come to Thailand to find women who are aesthetically a cut above what they could ever hope to attract and retain in their homelands and one of the main reasons they succeed is because Thai women appear to be less complicated. By virtue of their greater wealth (relative to the available local men), the playing field is made level and there is little if any need to develop a grasp of the little things that make a woman - any woman - tick as there is back home. They also take considerable comfort in the knowledge that if they repeat their farangland misdemeanours and screw up the liaison with their teerak, there's a veritable legion of potential replacements around every single corner.

Any ordinary, middle-aged, plain and, for lack of a better term, boring man who'd score a lowly 4/10 on the desirability scales back home can suddenly find himself catapulted to a 7/10 the moment he exits Suvarnabhum. Within hours he can be in the arms of the type of younger, more feminine, fitter, seemingly more compliant woman he could only dream of bagging in the UK, US or Europe.

Thing is though, times are a-changing. Lots more middle class Thai guys joining the party and baht exchange rates with Western dosh are on a downward trend so better to make hay while the sun shines before they shut off the music, confiscate the punchbowl and turf the "losers" out onto the pavement.

the thb-usd exchange rate goes up or down about 6 baht at the most. are you that broke, or just trying to be funny?

People come to many places (locally as well) to find their partners.

People go to different types of bars, clubs, restaurants, etc.

Or take up various hobbies/sports to meet someone.

Or special sites on internet.

Some travel to another country.

Not only to Thailand.

No big deal really.

I happened to sign off a ship many years ago, and had some time in Thailand, before I flew to Europe.

The ship was still in Asia when i rejoined.

Then I meet someone.

Not planned, but happy it happened.

My brother came just to visit me, and he liked it and came back, again, and again.

Then he met someone.

Not planned.

One colleague met his wife (Thai) in Singapore, and relocated to Thailand due to price levels, etc.

One colleague, had recently just broken up his relationship (engagement) in Finland, and decided to visit me to have a change in life.

Then he met someone.

He did not plan it either.

All just coincidences.

Then we have the regular sex tourism.

We find that in most "low cost countries".

So it is kind of hard to pin point how i feel about foreigners coming to Thailand to find a relationship.

People come to many places (locally as well) to find their partners.

People go to different types of bars, clubs, restaurants, etc.

Or take up various hobbies/sports to meet someone.

Or special sites on internet.

Some travel to another country.

Not only to Thailand.

No big deal really.

I happened to sign off a ship many years ago, and had some time in Thailand, before I flew to Europe.

The ship was still in Asia when i rejoined.

Then I meet someone.

Not planned, but happy it happened.

My brother came just to visit me, and he liked it and came back, again, and again.

Then he met someone.

Not planned.

One colleague met his wife (Thai) in Singapore, and relocated to Thailand due to price levels, etc.

One colleague, had recently just broken up his relationship (engagement) in Finland, and decided to visit me to have a change in life.

Then he met someone.

He did not plan it either.

All just coincidences.

So it is kind of hard to pin point how i feel about foreigners coming to Thailand to find a relationship.

Really good comment. Thanks for sharing.

But this..........

From what I've heard, some men come to Bangkok and Manila because their social/sexual inadequacies are more likely to go unnoticed.

It's a sad but all too familiar sequence of events.

the thb-usd exchange rate goes up or down about 6 baht at the most. are you that broke, or just trying to be funny?

Hell no I ain't broke at all - my income is in several currencies including the baht but the 6 THB or so that you dismiss so flippantly means the difference between sinking or swimming for an increasing number of septics so wind your neck back in, mate.

Dear OP

You said in another thread you already felt assimilated.

Your questions in 3 started topics today lead me to think something else.

wink.png

The philosophical nature of assimilation.

I may FEEL assimilated, but am I?

A crude figure -- I'm 95% assimilated -- is meaningless.

Regardless of how much we blend in (or how much we think we blend in), there will always be unresolved issues.

And some issues will inevitably carry greater weight than others.

I'd have to agree with OP that is often the case, but it is certainly not the rule.

You can spot the ones with poor confidence as they are the ones that often say "Thai women are such a drama". I've had more trouble finding a coffee in Colombia than I have had finding a Thai girlfriend. My Thai girlfriends know that I will drop them if they misbehave and I've never had any trouble at all.

I've met so many guys fawning all over girls, declaring their undying love others I've known come into work with skin hanging off their faces or a bust lip. It's clear they have never had a remotely beautiful girl and don't know any other way than to hand over all their power and whine all over them.

It is a public forum,and any member is entitled to join in a debate.

Joining in is not mandatory.

If I personally have nothing to offer, I politely abstain and keep my mouth shut.

How refershing to hear of someone with such an opening and welcoming approach. Maybe you have not had time to read old threads yet, but there was a dreadfully rude chap who used to take exactly the opposite approach, and told people to get out of his threads if they complaines or disagreed. Can you believe such a rude and unfriendly approach?

Well done, sir!

• Like 1

I'd have to agree with OP that is often the case, but it is certainly not the rule.

You can spot the ones with poor confidence as they are the ones that often say "Thai women are such a drama".

I've met so many guys fawning all over girls.

It's clear they have never had a remotely beautiful girl and don't know any other way than to hand over all their power and whine all over them.

You are completely right.

Men who travel to South East Asia to find companionship are, shall we say, men who spend most of their time on the substitutes' bench.

If I personally have nothing to offer, I politely abstain and keep my mouth shut.

How refershing to hear of someone with such an opening and welcoming approach. Maybe you have not had time to read old threads yet, but there was a dreadfully rude chap who used to take exactly the opposite approach, and told people to get out of his threads if they complaines or disagreed. Can you believe such a rude and unfriendly approach?

Well done, sir!

Manners maketh man.

William of Wykeham

(1324-1404)

The founder of Winchester College and New College, Oxford.

Have you considered that the Asian (not necessarily Thai) attitude of women toward men, how they treat them and respect them in totally different way to a western woman. That females in this region are far more attentive and have a totally different expectation to that of a western women.? That perhaps in some aspects they resemble of how females used to be in days gone by before they were "imancipated" or whatever.

That instead of fighting for the dominant position or even maybe equality as women have done for decades in the west, that Eastern/Asian women are happy for man to be the "man" and all that that entails and that for some men its that ideal they seek and prefer ?

Apart from the fact that (in my opinion) Asian women are so much more attractive and have many admirable traits that women in the west have long lost. They certainly age far better that's for sure. The list (for me) goes on and on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with the 'better aging' part.

But that goes for the men too.

All the rest of your story is sexism.

Basically, you are saying that the good looking ones are cheaper than in the western world, yes that is true!

Edited by nidieunimaitre

Well done, sir!

Manners maketh man.

William of Wykeham

(1324-1404)

The founder of Winchester College and New College, Oxford.

and bumming school boys in the shower

Pleased to hear it,when does it start?

May i suggest some new words and expressions?

We all know 'bargirl', what about 'oldbarfart'?

We all know the expression 'past her sell by date' - perhaps apply it to farangs too?

'You can take a girl out of a bar, but etc...' >>> 'you can possibly maybe sometimes take a farang out of a bar, but....'?

You can spot the ones with poor confidence as they are the ones that often say "Thai women are such a drama". I've had more trouble finding a coffee in Colombia than I have had finding a Thai girlfriend. My Thai girlfriends know that I will drop them if they misbehave and I've never had any trouble at all.

I've met so many guys fawning all over girls, declaring their undying love others I've known come into work with skin hanging off their faces or a bust lip. It's clear they have never had a remotely beautiful girl and don't know any other way than to hand over all their power and whine all over them.

......finding a thai girlfriend....????

'girlfriend' is that newspeak for whore?

When he regenerates! wink.png

i dont get it,

what does it matter to others if someone comes to thailand or anywere else for that matter to find a partner,

as long as they are happy with what they have in life let them get on with it,

and as for others judging, as to why they had to come here to find there partner, why does it matter,

live and let live and please done be so judgementle,

jake

• Like 1

For those on the "substitute's bench" who come here due to their lack of better options, the word "whore" could perhaps be replaced with the phrase "Thai man's reject".

Let's not be unkind to those who have few (if any other) options.

You can spot the ones with poor confidence as they are the ones that often say "Thai women are such a drama".

It's clear they have never had a remotely beautiful girl and don't know any other way than to hand over all their power and whine all over them.

Men who travel to South East Asia to find companionship are, shall we say, men who spend most of their time on the substitutes' bench.

While I do agree with you, perhaps you can understand the other board member's negative attitude towards you so far. You do seem to wear your apparent intellectualism on your sleeve; the name 'intellectual Farang' could easily be perceived as a pretentious choice and your posts seem to alone concentrate on the subject of intellectualism. Some might assume you have an intellectual-inferiority complex.

If you really are as intelligent as your few posts suggest, you'd think you'd be able to comprehend that you're coming off rather abrasive and conceited. Though, a high IQ is often at the expense of one's EQ.

• Like 2

i dont get it,

what does it matter to others if someone comes to thailand or anywere else for that matter to find a partner,

as long as they are happy with what they have in life let them get on with it,

and as for others judging, as to why they had to come here to find there partner, why does it matter,

live and let live and please done be so judgementle,

jake

'partner' as in 'equal partners'?

While I do agree with you, perhaps you can understand the other board member's negative attitude towards you so far. You do seem to wear your apparent intellectualism on your sleeve; the name 'intellectual Farang' could easily be perceived as a pretentious choice and your posts seem to alone concentrate on the subject of intellectualism. Some might assume you have an intellectual-inferiority complex.

If you really are as intelligent as your few posts suggest, you'd think you'd be able to comprehend that you're coming off rather abrasive and conceited. Though, a high IQ is often at the expense of one's EQ.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That remark about IQ and EQ is about the most intelligent and emotional true comment I have ever read on this forum.

Not that there is much competition.

Edited by nidieunimaitre

Your mother was a girlfriend once.........I have no doubt in my mind that your mother was never a whore.

I also have no doubt your mother would be disgusted and humiliated to know you're posting this filth on the internet.

Make your way to the bottom of the garden, you'll see a little bridge, walk below it and say hi to the trolls in passing. Keep going another hundred yards and you'll happen across the dung heap. Bury yourself in there among all the other sh*t sucking maggots, that's your level in life.

Have fun with the scum.

ps, you've just been bletherized, count yourself lucky I'm in a good mood, it could have been a lot worse.

Pr*ck.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

cheesy.gif

Nice one..... Good to see you back in here..... Dr Pseudolus-Who, the weel-kent intellectual farang has definitely been outed now!

Edited by Rob8891

When he regenerates! wink.png

Last time I heard that word it was something to do with spent batteries? whistling.gif

Your mother was a girlfriend once.........I have no doubt in my mind that your mother was never a whore.

I also have no doubt your mother would be disgusted and humiliated to know you're posting this filth on the internet.

Make your way to the bottom of the garden, you'll see a little bridge, walk below it and say hi to the trolls in passing. Keep going another hundred yards and you'll happen across the dung heap. Bury yourself in there among all the other sh*t sucking maggots, that's your level in life.

Have fun with the scum.

ps, you've just been bletherized, count yourself lucky I'm in a good mood, it could have been a lot worse.

Pr*ck.

Perhaps you should read my post again, and think in stead of trolling.