Chip Xbox Increases Or Decreases Value?

DavidRaydo

I recently bought an xbox at MBK and I decided at the time not to have it chipped. Now I'm not sure if I made the right decision since I rarely go online with it and games are expensive. Does "chipping" your xbox increase or decrease the resell value of the machine? I'm planning on moving next year. Thanks in advance for any insights,

Dave

A non "chipped" Xbox will always be worth more as it most likely isn't banned from Xbox live and it only costs 300-500 baht to flash the drive and be able to play backup games anyway. The Xbox 360 is not too far from being obsolete anyway once the 720 comes out so I wouldn't worry too much about its value as chipped or not chipped it will go down drastically.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I think I will keep it as is and enjoy the online features. Any thoughts on how to get cheaper games? 1600 baht each adds up quick and the games at the shops in Siam are normally a bit outdated. If I order them online I always have to pay a 500 baht tax on delivery. Thanks again

Dave

Thanks everyone for your responses. I think I will keep it as is and enjoy the online features. Any thoughts on how to get cheaper games? 1600 baht each adds up quick and the games at the shops in Siam are normally a bit outdated. If I order them online I always have to pay a 500 baht tax on delivery. Thanks again

Dave

Unchipped box = expensive original games; Better resale value

Chipped box = cheap games ; No need for resale value as after 5-6 games the box has paid for itself.

• 2 weeks later...