Rain Finished?

stevehaigh

it's official, 6 more weeks to the end of the world as we know it, 21st Dec 2012, the planets are aligning, is Phukets unseasonable weather caused by this, looking at the worlds news something is cooking up saai.gif

Ill smoke what you're smoking.

he's not available giggle.gif

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

November weather is always tricky to forecast. From my own observations it looked like the rainy weather was likely to finish early November, but now I am not so sure. Have to say that global weather patterns are all becoming less predictable.

Indeed!

phuketLoop.gif

i'm enjoying the cooler temps, especially at night. lovely fresh breeze today too. i don't think you can beat Phuket for weather, not in Thailand anyhow.

I know Samui is hurting, they have only had 1151mm or rain this year compared to 2524mm for us

We'll see, how that works together with the underpasses, in the future. In case, the quality of the pumps is like the quality of the CCTV's,....!

• 2 weeks later...

My.png 10 Day Forecast

Updated: Nov 26, 2012, 5:29pm Local Time

Tonight Nov 26

47.png

86°F Observed High 1:30 pm

76°F

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain: 60% Wind: E at 2 mph

Details

Tue Nov 27

38.png

86°

75°

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain: 60% Wind: SSE at 9 mph

Details

Wed Nov 28

38.png

88°

76°

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain: 60% Wind: SE at 9 mph

Details

Thu Nov 29

38.png

88°

76°

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain: 50% Wind: ESE at 9 mph

Details

Fri Nov 30

38.png

88°

75°

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain: 50% Wind: E at 8 mph

Details

Sat Dec 1

38.png

87°

75°

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain: 60% Wind: E at 8 mph

Details

Sun Dec 2

38.png

87°

74°

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain: 60% Wind: E at 7 mph

Details

Mon Dec 3

38.png

89°

74°

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain: 60% Wind: E at 8 mph

Details

Tue Dec 4

32.png

90°

75°

Sunny

Chance of rain: 0% Wind: ENE at 8 mph

Details

Wed Dec 5

30.png

89°

73°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain: 20% Wind: E at 10 mph

Details

The most reliable weather forecast here is IMO Wundguru. And even Windguru I don't trust more than 2 days in advance.

The forecast you have here doesn't look too bad though, with on none of the days more than 60% chance of rain.

it's official, 6 more weeks to the end of the world as we know it, 21st Dec 2012, the planets are aligning, is Phukets unseasonable weather caused by this, looking at the worlds news something is cooking up saai.gif

Ill smoke what you're smoking.

he's not available giggle.gif

Hope you are counting the days down to 21st Dec 2012, the end is nigh, but on a cheerier note, oops sorry it's patong again, so more problems, today was the craziest situation i've seen in 10 years here regarding the drains and the rain, every road drain was overflowing, theres a big canal type water system on na nai soi 8 , completely bunged up and over flowing , the road behind jungcylon, na nai, the beach road, all flooded, surely someone is getting there arse kicked in the government offices

Hope you are counting the days down to 21st Dec 2012, the end is nigh, but on a cheerier note, oops sorry it's patong again, so more problems, today was the craziest situation i've seen in 10 years here regarding the drains and the rain, every road drain was overflowing, theres a big canal type water system on na nai soi 8 , completely bunged up and over flowing , the road behind jungcylon, na nai, the beach road, all flooded, surely someone is getting there arse kicked in the government offices

No arse kicking. They will get a pat on the back, promoted and maybe even a few more ribbons for the Chesty Puller outfit.

Edited by Shot
  • Like 1

Time to remove the 4 posts arguing about how 60% chance of rain should be interpreted.

My interpretation is 'more likely than not that there might some rain'. But then again all these forecasts are just generalisations. best look at the rain radar for the best idea of rain in the near future.

Right now...

pkt120-latest.gif

Agree. Radar is best.

Seems like latest weather is circa 3 years ago or so. Usually, some rain in early Nov. and then it dries out. Some years back (I am saying 3, but it could be more) it seemed to rain all the way to January. Further back, not a drop from Oct - April. That was the year they were worried about the Bang Wad dam being too low. I guess it was a fairly dry Sept / Oct.

I wish it would stop for a few days as I need to cut my grass.

No rain here, except I just ate pretty spicy nam tok moo, which releases water from the nose and head.

This thread started almost 2 months ago. I guess we can say that the dry season did not come early.

When it comes to the weather predictions which show rain and thunder for every day here in Phuket, I ignore those pretty much.

For now on I show this photo to my friends who asks does it rain in Phuket as the prediction shows so.

Under the thunder clouds yes, all around no. Some part of the day yes, all the time no.

post-58566-0-49985500-1354371939_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

It's back. Pouring in Rawai now.

So bad in Rawai I turned off the computers and unplugged the telephone line this afternoon.

And 3BB ADSL didn't come back until just before 5 pm in south Rawai.

Also, cable TV was off until about 6:30.

Welcome to LOS - lots of showers. biggrin.png

It's back. Pouring in Rawai now.

So bad in Rawai I turned off the computers and unplugged the telephone line this afternoon.

And 3BB ADSL didn't come back until just before 5 pm in south Rawai.

Also, cable TV was off until about 6:30.

Welcome to LOS - lots of showers. biggrin.png

My 3BB and KPP internet were both working fine all day and I'm on the southern part of Soi Cokmakham. But it did rain pretty hard and quite a bit of lightning and thunder. My dog had to cower on the sofa.