Cruise Control & Frame Lowering Kit

Beardog

Does anyone know in Pattaya area a shop or shops that have a cruise control & frame lowering kit for My ER6N . I would like to drop the bike down another 1/2" to an inch to make it easier when turning it around from a stand still position.

I go to the U.S. in 7 days so if they do not have these items I can certainly find in the states.

Does Kawasaki set up the front end ? The back brackets are easy but the front forks need to be dropped to match & I hate to be the guinee pig on throwing my suspension out of whack!

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is by far the best forum on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry

I've got an angle grinder, a 3 pound engineers hammer and a cold chisel. What time do you want me to come around tomorrow? biggrin.png

PS: I have a spare pair of vice grips to take care of that cruise control problem.

Edited by BSJ

Kaoko makes a throttle lock for the ER, can buy on the Internet in the US. I've had one for two to three years and would not be caught without it. I like to be able to shift gears and scratch my balls at the same time without decelerating, and the Kaoko is just the ticket. It is also very easy to install.

I had a Throttle Meister on my Beemer back in the States, which I liked better, but, as far as I know, they still do not produce a unit specifically for the ER.

Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control (Kawasaki Ninja 650R, ER6N, Versys, KLR650E '08-), Item No: KAO.KAW200, $120.00 http://www.twistedth...tview/4755/523/

By the way, if you only want to lower your ride only by 1/2", consider a seat modification. If you do it right, you can get your butt lowered and have something far more comfortable for it than that miserable OEM seat. For a seat modification that looks good and performs well, you must find a shop that does "beautiful" work. But it does not stop there. I have never seen or heard of any shop in this country that goes beyond looks and looks do not cut it on a 300km+ ride.

Building a custom seat is a science, NOT an art. What you must do us thoroughly study how to build a custom seat, then you must work cheek-by-jowl with the Thai seat guy and micro manage him -- it's the only way. This is a great DIY custom seat site: http://www.scribd.co...eat-Customizing

I imported a gel pad from the States to complete my seat: Medium Polymer Gel Insert Kit, KIT-6010, $50.35, shipping $19.22, total $69.57 (10% off coupon code: "propad10") http://www.thepropad.com.

If you do it right, you can end up with a beautiful seat that lowers your butt 1/2" to 1" and will be as comfortable as any custom seat you can buy in the US for 1/10 the price. Remember the number one rule on a custom seat: A comfortable seat for a long ride is NOT a soft seat; it is a firm seat that is perfectly sculpted to fit YOUR butt.

Edited by TongueThaied

I installed a Throttlemeister on my Dyna in Canada, and brought one over for my Dyna in CNX.

If you do not see a specific kit on their website, measure the inside diameter of the handlebars and give them a call/email. They should be able to hook you up.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions. I am going with the gel pack for the seat & sculpting it to lower the seat height & change the seat forward to a bit backward so when I get on it & back off my girl doesn't slide me further forward. No sense in changing the suspention it is perfect. And I will get either of the 2 cruise controls discussed. waiting for throttlemaster to get back with me if they have avail for the ER6N in my year. Thanks againrolleyes.gif