Hillary Clinton Due To Step Down As Secretary Of State Within 'days'

webfact

The Benghazi outrage of the GOP is all about having grounds to reject Susan Rice as SoS nominee, they're still getting back for Robert Bork rejection in the 1980s. There are no tests of IQ or emotional maturity to enter politics, and the tantrums of losing this election are evidence of it.

Hillary and Panetta (Defense Sec) were in Australia last week, and they were all business, no cutey chat about roos and barbies (or maybe she was trying to out-butch the PM). Looks like there was something important she (or her boss) wanted settled before she moved on.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I am somewhat surprised that you've never expressed disagreement or agreement with my basic stance. I find it dispiriting that a blind and fairly extreme partisan for the right (Koheetsi) seem to agree with me but fellow Obama supporters...maybe not so much?

I tend to agree with your basic stance, in as much as it is ludicrous to find anyone guilty of anything when there has been no hard evidence of any wrong doing...

Of course no one should be found guilty of anything absent of hard evidence. I would have thought that went without saying? But I personally don't think we should be pre-judging as much as you seem to be doing.

Anyway, I appreciate you responding -- I genuinely did hope to hear that you (and other pro-Obama folks --Jingthing?)would agree that a full and completely thorough investigation should be done.

I haven't prejudged anything, I was referring to a press briefing that was given in order to challenge Fox News's repeated inventions.

From the fact that the CIA complained about the Libyan military support not coming when they were called, I infer that too much trust was put in them. Well in fact I think it's pretty bloody obvious. But that is only one facet of the story.

It seems the Security situation in Benghazi is beyond even the security forces control:

Benghazi security chief assassinated

Unknown gunmen open fire from car at Dersi who was appointed shortly after attack on US consulate on September.

Middle East Online

caption.gif_55642_benghazi.jpg

police or army officers who served under Gathafi have been killed in eastern Libya

captionb.gif

BENGHAZI, Libya - The security chief in the east Libyan city of Benghazi was assassinated late Tuesday, a security official said.

Unknown persons opened fire from a car at Fraj al-Dersi in front of his home. He was hit by three bullets and died shortly after being taken to Benghazi medical centre, the official said, asking not to be named.

Dersi was appointed shortly after an attack on the US consulate September 11 which cost the lives of US ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

He had occupied leading posts under the regime of Moamer Gathafi, including anti-drugs chief, before joining the revolt against the former dictator when it started in February 2011.

Several recent assassinations in eastern Libya, mostly of police or army officers who served under Gathafi, have been attributed to radical Islamists.

Edited by Chicog

• 2 weeks later...

Without wishing to be overly nitpicky, the OP said Hilary would be replaced "within days...."

It's been 22 days so far, when are the mooted changes likely to happen or is everyone in DC a tad busy at the moment?

A cliff of the fiscal variety probably taking up much attention at the moment. Either that, or they've gone on vacation early this year.

Without wishing to be overly nitpicky, the OP said Hilary would be replaced "within days...."

It's been 22 days so far, when are the mooted changes likely to happen or is everyone in DC a tad busy at the moment?

A cliff of the fiscal variety probably taking up much attention at the moment. Either that, or they've gone on vacation early this year.

Gentleman: the OP said the she would leave within days of the start of the second term. That's not until January 21, 2013..

*I confess I considered waiting until others joined to also comment on how it happened yet before I pointed out that they were jumping the gun: so petty...I should be ashamed but for some reason am amused by the thought of me doing that: what a d**khead! :)

Edited by SteeleJoe