Business Tax Of 3.3% When Selling Property

Dear friends/experts out there,

Plan to sell my condo in Bangkok which I owned for 3 years. Now I saw that there is a 3.3% business tax called SBT (Specific Business Tax) if the owner did not held the property for a total of 5 years, unless the property was the principle place of residence of the owner for at least 1 year. There is something mentioned of my name needs to be included into the ‘dtabian baan’ which seems to me rather difficult as a foreigner.

Anyhow, I am wondering what kind of proofs are accepted. I was there with my family for a total of 1.5 years before going upcountry again and would have all sorts of proofs. Like I could ask the building manager to acknowledge that I was there, my son went to a school nearby and my one year ‘Thai Wife’ visa was extended in Bangkok on base of me residing in this condominium. My wife was as well registered in the dtabian baan for about 7 months.

Do you think this is enough in order to avoid that tax? I think that they should especially accept the extension of the one year visa based on my proof that I do reside in that address with my family, no?

Thanks so much!

Cheers

Jean-Pierre