Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

Tomorrow from 8am - 3pm places past makro and into chaweng areas will have no electric during that time

The information was told me from the electric company and a similiar post from pea on facebook as well

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think the important target to meet is to try and allow for full power this coming new years eve. less than seven months to go now, and approximately seven months since they laid those under water cables.

My question is does anyone know when we will see an improvement in the 3rd world service provided and how long will it continue to be the biggest cluster*uck since hurricane Katrina? biggrin.png

Honestly cant expect much in this country especially regarding infrastructure. Can only hope it gets better before another electric line goes down. It seems on samui they are still using some old electric lines

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Honestly cant expect much in this country especially regarding infrastructure. Can only hope it gets better before another electric line goes down. It seems on samui they are still using some old electric lines

I can just laugh about it now. Basicly when i came to the conclusion they will never fix it. They are simply not capable of doing the job properly and if we visit this thread in another ten years nothing will have changed. It'll just be a boge job like everything thing else. This is why seven day guarantees are the norm here because thats the only realistic reliable lifespanbiggrin.png

I can just laugh about it now. Basicly when i came to the conclusion they will never fix it. They are simply not capable of doing the job properly and if we visit this thread in another ten years nothing will have changed. It'll just be a boge job like everything thing else. This is why seven day guarantees are the norm here because thats the only realistic reliable lifespanbiggrin.png

Out of interest how are your two egg poachers doing? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Come again?

Mine does not really works with one at a time and when I tried two it didn't fit.

You been out with Big C tonight? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Mine does not really works with one at a time and when I tried two it didn't fit.

Same as my last experience with twins.

Well its true to say i have the Rolls Royce of egg poachers. Imported from the UK actually.

However, the story doesn't end there. You see, you don't just need a gas stove to poach an egg.

Has anyone any idea how difficult it is to judge the perfectly cooked egg poached under Samui candle light? Try it. Now Smokie, languishing in his castle north of Hadrians Wall has probably never experienced the pleasures of an eight hour power cut but let me tell you if he did, the eggs along with the poacher would be launched from the battlements.

He also neglects to tell all that when he is moored up for Samui island visit, he never comes ashore without a custom made torch and water resistant matches. He knows. So when someone asks how;s the egg poacher my answer is, anxiously waiting for those offing new power cables to start working.wai.gif

Electric's been off in Bang po since midnight.

I will give you a tip if the power is off for more than 30 minutes give them a call and say whats going on, if they say back soon just note, if not back on they might think they have fixed but forgot some connection. It happens all the time if you don't follow up. There should be no reason your power was out like you say.

• Like 1

Thanks John but we already called the PEA and the power came back on for 10 minutes and then went out again. That was this morning and until now they have done nothing even though we have called a number of times.

Thanks John but we already called the PEA and the power came back on for 10 minutes and then went out again. That was this morning and until now they have done nothing even though we have called a number of times.

Keep calling or go into town office and ask for an explanation what's there reason. With the temp at 33deg my fuse would be blowing.

Just heard reports that power plant in Khanom (NST) had an explosion, but at the same time rumours that something did boom in Songkhla and Trang as well!!! Weird stuff.

Either domino effect of one plant failing and others following, an organised attack, or CME hitting earth?

• Like 1

Just heard reports that power plant in Khanom (NST) had an explosion, but at the same time rumours that something did boom in Songkhla and Trang as well!!! Weird stuff.

Either domino effect of one plant failing and others following, an organised attack, or CME hitting earth?

Problems generating from Bang Saphan I am told.