Why Do Thais Put Talc On Their Faces?

Chittychangchang

Kind of off topic but whats with those nasal inhalers I see all kinds of people using them from bisnessmen to kids and they seem addicted to them , same stuff as a vicks inhaler for a cold but they seem addicted to using them.

They help wake you up if you're feeling sleepy. I use them while driving long distances, and I read somewhere that they might have some addictive properties. I prefer the Vapex brand as it smells best and seems to work.

*BTW, a well-known Thai secret is that they are great for mosquito bites too. You just unscrew the bottom and apply the liquid directly to the bite. Itch is gone, presto!

Edited by keemapoot

Just asked the wife & she replied ( to look more beautiful )

Another point its not only the face - Im thinking of buying a 44 gallon drum as it might be just as easy to jump in when full of powder

but besides that iwas thinking of factories to own - Powder - nasal spray - mirror - shoe & phone

• Like 1

Could it be, that while smearing this stuff on their face for years, will lead to this horrible Acne-Problem that (mostly) young females suffer from? To make it worse, once they got it, it's very hard to get rid of it. Don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Cheers.

To look more white and and stop from getting darker I believe. My girlfriend takes out the inhaler whenever certain foreigners who never heard of deodorant are nearby. The immigration office is the worst for this. I usually take a few sniffs of it too as some people's BO can make you want to throw up.

It has a slight cooling effect or so they think , basically it feels good for a few minutes.

That is what my wife says. It is for cooling the body. She uses a baby talc on our baby for the same thing

Edit It is used on the babies body with a little on the face.

Edited by ripstanley

To look more white and and stop from getting darker I believe. My girlfriend takes out the inhaler whenever certain foreigners who never heard of deodorant are nearby. The immigration office is the worst for this. I usually take a few sniffs of it too as some people's BO can make you want to throw up.

Thats right, it makes them look whiter.

Kind of off topic but whats with those nasal inhalers I see all kinds of people using them from bisnessmen to kids and they seem addicted to them , same stuff as a vicks inhaler for a cold but they seem addicted to using them.

Here you have a few answers to your question

Talc's a poison. A mineral, with perfume, that accumulates in the lungs and heart, among other areas, causing scar tissue to form. COPD an cancer have been associated with it.

But, hey, it keeps me cool --well, I think it does-- and mom did it.)

For this reason, I use 99% cornstarch powder also sold by the same company that starts with J and rhymes with johnson. ;-) You can get it at TOPS (Central Paza Rama 9, BKK; Tesco Pattaya North) but not all stores and not all the time.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

2 thais from different reasons have told me it means they are in a good mood, or having fun.

must be true as there was no connection between the people who told me.

and that may be why they put so much on in festivals like songkran for eg.