National Rifle Association Calls For Armed Guards In U S Schools

webfact

I watched that discussion & no way did they advocate the murder of Alex Jones. The URL you posted is yet another opinion piece & not based upon fact

I read this from the above piece, "Not only were threats made against Jones but innuendos about hoping Jones "kids aren't killed" were made. These types of veiled threats are not only illegal but they are immoral and Piers Morgan should be, at the very least, fired for this."

You mean he didn't say any of those things? If they just made that stuff up I'm sorry I posted it. I should have checked better.

Do not remember the debate word for word, but it was not my takeaway that you could construe veiled threats were made to Alex Jones and his family - that innuendo I would definitely recall.

Look at the debate again. I think it is near the one minute spot when the male guest suggests Piers should get an assault weapon and go "pop him". This comment brought much hilarity to both Piers and his other guests.

In the context of this particular conversation "pop him" would mean to shoot him in the US.

I guess seeing the difference between hyperbole by a talk show host versus threats from nut case who actually has guns and is perhaps dead serious about using them if he does not get his way eludes some.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look at the debate again. I think it is near the one minute spot when the male guest suggests Piers should get an assault weapon and go "pop him". This comment brought much hilarity to both Piers and his other guests.

In the context of this particular conversation "pop him" would mean to shoot him in the US.

Cannot locate the original video of the interview, only propaganda bites from Alex Jones infoweek website that pop up in every search - got the original interview URL? I do recall during the debate their was a comment to invite Jones to a boxing ring and bring along your legally obtained AR15 and pop him. My interpretation was making fun of the pro gun lobby insisting semi auto are fine if legally obtained, not a threat to Jones and his family. USA seems to have weirdos who may take the comment seriously; therefore inappropriate. As you know Jones has a screw loose with his allegation the US govt was behind the Oklahoma and Twin Towers attacks and other hate filled commentary - appears to have a considerable following in the US. Suggest he's a lot more dangerous than Piers Morgan ever could be, but that's OK. Unfettered Free Speech no matter the outcome eh?

Edited by simple1

I read this from the above piece, "Not only were threats made against Jones but innuendos about hoping Jones "kids aren't killed" were made. These types of veiled threats are not only illegal but they are immoral and Piers Morgan should be, at the very least, fired for this."

You mean he didn't say any of those things? If they just made that stuff up I'm sorry I posted it. I should have checked better.

Do not remember the debate word for word, but it was not my takeaway that you could construe veiled threats were made to Alex Jones and his family - that innuendo I would definitely recall.

I guess seeing the difference between hyperbole by a talk show host versus threats from nut case who actually has guns and is perhaps dead serious about using them if he does not get his way eludes some.

I guess it eludes the police too as they haven't arrested the guy nor have they arrested that Morgan chap.

I guess it eludes the police too as they haven't arrested the guy nor have they arrested that Morgan chap.

Uhm, okay. Thanks. I feel more complete now. Where's my sling shot.

Cannot locate the original video of the interview, only propaganda bites from Alex Jones infoweek website that pop up in every search - got the original interview URL? I do recall during the debate their was a comment to invite Jones to a boxing ring and bring along your legally obtained AR15 and pop him. My interpretation was making fun of the pro gun lobby insisting semi auto are fine if legally obtained, not a threat to Jones and his family. USA seems to have weirdos who may take the comment seriously; therefore inappropriate. As you know Jones has a screw loose with his allegation the US govt was behind the Oklahoma and Twin Towers attacks and other hate filled commentary - appears to have a considerable following in the US. Suggest he's a lot more dangerous than Piers Morgan ever could be, but that's OK. Unfettered Free Speech no matter the outcome eh?

Haha, yeah we got all types. Keeps thing interesting, but reality is I spend half my time a year in the coolest city in US (certainly not LA or NY and in fact most are escaping LA to move here). I spend the other half of my time in a Florida tourist beach destination. I never run across these extreme whacko views in real life. Only hear about them on television and here. Everyone I know and run into is more concerned about where to eat, what movie to see, what car to drive to movies or restyrant tonight and what's on sale at Macy's or some of the boutiques around here. Just real life stuff and living life issues. Reading this stuff and peoples views is entertaining.

Edited by F430murci

Haha, yeah we got all types. Keeps thing interesting, but reality is I spend half my time a year in the coolest city in US (certainly not LA or NY and in fact most are escaping LA to move here). I spend the other half of my time in a Florida tourist beach destination. I never run across these extreme whacko views in real life. Only hear about them on television and here. Everyone I know and run into is more concerned about where to eat, what movie to see, what car to drive to movies or restyrant tonight and what's on sale at Macy's or some of the boutiques around here. Just real life stuff and living life issues. Reading this stuff and peoples views is entertaining.

So that's the way the 1% live? Glad to hear that they are as shallow as I always thought them to be.

• Like 2

How can you possibly know that the talk show host and his guests don't actually own guns?

I googled "Piers Morgan and guests discuss killing Alex Jones" and got this in 0.31 seconds. Be sure and watch all of it.

They took away his (James Yeager) gun permit. The day after Alex Jones aggressively defended the Right to Bear Arms on CNN, Piers Morgan and his guests, Daily Beast sports columnist Buzz Bissinger and Abby Huntsman (Huffington Post), decided , on the air, to talk about murdering Alex Jones in cold blood

Bit dramatic, don't you think? I couldn't envisage that fat controller really wanting to "murder (anyone) in cold blood", but I could definitely imagine Alex Jones going turning violent on someone. He's off his cake.

biggrin.png

They took away his (James Yeager) gun permit. The day after Alex Jones aggressively defended the Right to Bear Arms on CNN, Piers Morgan and his guests, Daily Beast sports columnist Buzz Bissinger and Abby Huntsman (Huffington Post), decided , on the air, to talk about murdering Alex Jones in cold blood

Bit dramatic, don't you think? I couldn't envisage that fat controller really wanting to "murder (anyone) in cold blood", but I could definitely imagine Alex Jones going turning violent on someone. He's off his cake.

biggrin.png

I agree the fat guy is a goof. He was going on about semi auto weapons. I can get off 12, 45 caliber shots in less than 10 seconds with pistols made in 1860. Or available by mail order to romper room kids. People forget 50,000 American casualties in three days at Gettysburg. Killing is not a new technology for America.

Do you think the Secret Service would have your clear vision if someone on a talk show suggested get an "assault" rifle and "popping" President Obama? Yeah, yeah, I know... that isn't the same because he is part of the protected elite and he really does have to worried about nutjobs trying to do him harm...or his children harm and that's why it's OK for his children and the children of other elites to have armed guards at school but not OK for anyone else.

Ted Nuggent made such statements indirectly implicating the president and I stated this was hyperbole also. Government ultimately found same and did not indict so I apparently have a grasp on interpretation of such matters.

My children attend private school costing around $20k per child per year and there is no armed guards. We have zero private schools with armed guards in my city and we have more children of stars and celebrities attending school than any city in US other than LA.

The school where the President's children attend unfortunately needs armed guards for a completely different reason than Newtown. This should be readily apparent to anyone not blinded by passion or hate.

You guys are out of touch with reality. Perhaps this is related to the fact that some of you have not lived here for many years, have no children in school here or are just a bit brainwashed. I find it comical that some guy who gave up on America and left over 10 years ago to live in SE Asia would call anyone un-American.

The other reality is that 99.99 of the nation's armed security guards would be helpless against someone in body armor with assault weapons. This comes from FBI brother who also said they use teams of four to take down such targets.

Why not listen to law enforcement instead of NRA gun nuts. Newtown cops said last night on National TV that assault weapons and 30 shot clips must go. Lanza had more firepower than the police he said.

• Like 1

Do you think the Secret Service would have your clear vision if someone on a talk show suggested get an "assault" rifle and "popping" President Obama? Yeah, yeah, I know... that isn't the same because he is part of the protected elite and he really does have to worried about nutjobs trying to do him harm...or his children harm and that's why it's OK for his children and the children of other elites to have armed guards at school but not OK for anyone else.

So much for elitest theory. Just heard driving to work this am that the Sheriff is putting off duty police officer in each public school in this city. No such "luck" for the private schools . . .

Ted Nuggent made such statements indirectly implicating the president and I stated this was hyperbole also. Government ultimately found same and did not indict so I apparently have a grasp on interpretation of such matters.

My children attend private school costing around $20k per child per year and there is no armed guards. We have zero private schools with armed guards in my city and we have more children of stars and celebrities attending school than any city in US other than LA.

The school where the President's children attend unfortunately needs armed guards for a completely different reason than Newtown. This should be readily apparent to anyone not blinded by passion or hate.

You guys are out of touch with reality. Perhaps this is related to the fact that some of you have not lived here for many years, have no children in school here or are just a bit brainwashed. I find it comical that some guy who gave up on America and left over 10 years ago to live in SE Asia would call anyone un-American.

The other reality is that 99.99 of the nation's armed security guards would be helpless against someone in body armor with assault weapons. This comes from FBI brother who also said they use teams of four to take down such targets.

Why not listen to law enforcement instead of NRA gun nuts. Newtown cops said last night on National TV that assault weapons and 30 shot clips must go. Lanza had more firepower than the police he said.

So much for elitest theory. Just heard driving to work this am that the Sheriff is putting off duty police officer in each public school in this city. No such "luck" for the private schools . . .

Let them use some of that $40,000 per year to pay for protection. Two weeks or so ago, your claim was it cost $34,000 for your children.

Inflation...or imagination?

http://www.thaivisa....s/page__st__100

Ted Nuggent made such statements indirectly implicating the president and I stated this was hyperbole also.

No, he never threatened or implied he would do any harm to President Obama.

• Like 1

-snip-

It's getting away from the real issue which is what really would help make America's children safer. I posted this earlier but the graph was too big, but if you look at this link you'll see that the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons ban seem to have had a profound effect on gun deaths, so perhaps reintroducing those would be a good step?

http://www.wallsofth...earmsdeaths.png

And just what percentage of gun deaths are caused by "assault weapons?" Gun deaths have be dropping in the US and have dropped by about 1/2 in the past 20 years. They continue to drop despite the expiration of the ban on "assault weapons" years ago. I can go buy ten of your "assault weapons" off the dealer's shelf today and still gun deaths decline.

I can go buy ten of your "assault weapons" off the dealer's shelf today

Unfortunately, not really. It seems that as a result of Sandy Hook and all the media focus on the "evil assault rifle", sales have surged for assault rifles:

http://www.huffingto..._n_2380738.html

If the purpose behind the gun control lobby was to take these guns off the shelf, well mission accomplished. They're off the shelf alright...they all got bought up. The manufacturers are ramping up production to keep up with demand. I can't even find evil "assault rifles" for sale in the stores anymore because they're sold out. On the gun boards the dealers are reporting that two years worth of merchandise was sold out in 1 month.

Edited by submaniac

Ted Nuggent made such statements indirectly implicating the president and I stated this was hyperbole also.

The things you guys focus on . . .

Please see word "indirectly" in my sentence above. Here is what I wrote including part you left out:

"Ted Nuggent made such statements indirectly implicating the president and I stated this was hyperbole also. Government ultimately found same and did not indict so I apparently have a grasp on interpretation of such matters."

Now read articles. Many viewed what he said as an "indirect" threat to the president under 18 U.S.C. 871. The issue was sufficient to warrant an interview with and an investigation by the secret service.

Like I said when it happened, Ted's statement did not met definition of "true threat" pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 871. His statement was hyperbole.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/04/18/ted-nugents-rant-against-president-obama-do-his-comments-warrant-criminal-charges/

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/21/opinion/obeidallah-ted-nugent-free-speech/index.html

http://www.thesuperficial.com/ted-nugent-threatened-to-kill-obama-again-04-2012

Unfortunately, not really. It seems that as a result of Sandy Hook and all the media focus on the "evil assault rifle", sales have surged for assault rifles:

If the purpose behind the gun control lobby was to take these guns off the shelf, well mission accomplished. They're off the shelf alright...they all got bought up. The manufacturers are ramping up production to keep up with demand. I can't even find evil "assault rifles" for sale in the stores anymore because they're sold out. On the gun boards the dealers are reporting that two years worth of merchandise was sold out in 1 month.

Not to worry. Senator Schumer (D-NY) has that all covered. He's asked gun dealers not to sell any more guns while Congress works out the gun control legislation.

I hear it from a reliable source he is going to next ask Baskin-Robbins to stop selling ice cream until the US obesity problem is under control.

Guess what! Schumer is a graduate of Harvard Law School.whistling.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sen. Schumer Asks Gun Retailers To Stop Sales As Congress Debates

January 13, 2013 2:46 PM

NEW YORK — Sen. Charles Schumer says retailers that sell assault weapons should stop offering them for purchase while Congress discusses gun regulation legislation.

Schumer on Sunday released a letter he sent to major retailers asking for a voluntary moratorium.

The New York Democrat says consumer demand for guns has gone up in the weeks since the December mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

More here: http://washington.cb...ngress-debates/

Let them use some of that $40,000 per year to pay for protection. Two weeks or so ago, your claim was it cost $34,000 for your children.

Inflation...or imagination?

http://www.thaivisa....s/page__st__100

The above posts says costs 20K and the other one you link said what I pay . . . One of my daughters has a $ 4,000 yearly scholarship for scoring the highest on the freshman placement test or whatever test they take to get in (1,000 applications for maybe 120 slots each year) and both get another $ 1,000 off tuition each year for scoring over a certain % on that same placement test.

Two weeks ago I apparrently didn't think about the nice little surcharges we get hit with every semester and I just wrote another check so now its fresh in my mind. My check this semester comprises tuition + computer fees (Lease/purchase MacBook for each student each year) + books + uniforms + cafateria plan (they have to eat and get their morning Starbucks) + atheltic fees and etc . . . Grant total is still right at $ 20k even with the scholarships . . .

The school just built a new technology center complete with Starbucks in the huge entry way and lobby and high end computer labs. They also just built a new soccer stadium. Much rather see the money go there than paying some Barney Fifth dude to fumble around with bullets and accidentally shoot a student.

We have security or monitors. They are not armed. Never have been and never will be hopefully.

Edited by F430murci

Not to worry. Senator Schumer (D-NY) has that all covered. He's asked gun dealers not to sell any more guns while Congress works out the gun control legislation.

I hear it from a reliable source he is going to next ask Baskin-Robbins to stop selling ice cream until the US obesity problem is under control.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK — Sen. Charles Schumer says retailers that sell assault weapons should stop offering them for purchase while Congress discusses gun regulation legislation.

Schumer on Sunday released a letter he sent to major retailers asking for a voluntary moratorium.

The New York Democrat says consumer demand for guns has gone up in the weeks since the December mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Does seem like a lot of smart people are liberals and go to Havard . . . What is wrong with Havard. Where did you go? Why need to bash his education just because you do not agree with his political views?

Haha, the best part though is my girls are so conservative it ain't funny . . . Over Christmas, my oldest was asking me for a deposit for a trip this month with her church. I was like sure, where are you going. She said DC. I said cool, what for. She said "Pro life." I was like, okay I am giving you a $ 1,500 so you can stand outside holding a sign telling women what they should and should not do with their bodies. My 17 year old then retorted "don't be an ass hole dad." That was the first time she ever called me a name! I had to laugh.

Edited by F430murci

Does seem like a lot of smart people are liberals and go to Havard . . . What is wrong with Havard. Where did you go? Why need to bash his education just because you do not agree with his political views?

Haha, the best part though is my girls are so conservative it ain't funny . . . Over Christmas, my oldest was asking me for a deposit for a trip this month with her church. I was like sure, where are you going. She said DC. I said cool, what for. She said "Pro life." I was like, okay I am giving you a $ 1,500 so you can stand outside holding a sign telling women what they should and should not do with their bodies. My 17 year old then retorted "don't be an ass hole dad." That was the first time she ever called me a name! I had to laugh.

Sorry, but I'm smart enough not to post all my personal details on an anonymous internet forum. I will tell you I graduated from Sam Houston Institution of Technology.

Give me an "S"...give me an "H"...give me an "I"...now give me a "T". Our team mascot was a brahma bull.

That was our favorite yell at football games.

Where you went to college back in the days of Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble does not exactly qualify as posting "all" your "personal details on an anonymous internet forum." Haha, the funny part is you apparently post under your name unless ChuckD is just a cool moniker and you are using those CIA diversionary tactics you learned while working for the secret service like all the expats in Thailand.

Awesome, bring the bull out and let it trash the other team mascot pre game. That could actually be pretty entertaining.

Edited by F430murci

A baiting post and many replies and quotes of it have been deleted.

Using emotive words like 'the rest of the civilized world' is nothing more than baiting posters into an argument.

For those of you who are regular posters, try not to quote the trolls, it just gets your post deleted.

Please see word "indirectly" in my sentence above. Here is what I wrote including part you left out:

"Ted Nuggent made such statements indirectly implicating the president and I stated this was hyperbole also. Government ultimately found same and did not indict so I apparently have a grasp on interpretation of such matters."

Now read articles. Many viewed what he said as an "indirect" threat to the president under 18 U.S.C. 871. The issue was sufficient to warrant an interview with and an investigation by the secret service.

Like I said when it happened, Ted's statement did not met definition of "true threat" pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 871. His statement was hyperbole.

http://foxnewsinside...iminal-charges/

http://www.cnn.com/2...eech/index.html

http://www.thesuperf...a-again-04-2012

You could have saved yourself a lot of link posting just by admitting that you weren't truthful or accurate in your representation of what Ted said.

• Like 2

http://foxnewsinside...iminal-charges/

http://www.cnn.com/2...eech/index.html

http://www.thesuperf...a-again-04-2012

You could have saved yourself a lot of link posting just by admitting that you weren't truthful or accurate in your representation of what Ted said.

Actually, the links support my statements about what Ted said, but who really cares. My point is it was hyperbole and some funny shyt at that.

Your subjective opinion seems to differ. That is not a basis for asserting that I am untruthful. Haha, the things with which you guys focus and your needs to levy personal attacks reflect something entirely different . . .

Lose the guns, the anger, the self loathing or whatever and live life man. Things are really good. Be happy. Why want to live in an angry prison where are kids are under armed protection, we are holed up in barricaded houses and packing heat just in case someone steps out of line and needs a bullet.

Why the desire to feel that politicians and every one is lying to you, trying to deceive you or out take your shit away. What a sad way to go through life. Focus on helping people rather than barricading and defending self with guns and armed guards everywhere.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

Interesting read, this one!

There are people SO paranoid about the government, comming to take their guns, it would be quiet a laugh....if it were not so sad!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gene-rosen-sandy-hook-conspiracy-155033813.html

Oh wow. A but disturbing actually that people really think that way. Does make Americans come off looking like mental head cases to those that do not realize that it those at the far extreme 1/5 percenters that make most noise and do stuff like flood a hero's in box with mental emails or show up at funerals with whacky protest signs. This is not mainstream America but it sure can come across as looking that way as mainstream Americans are never or rarely in the media.

Interesting read, this one!

There are people SO paranoid about the government, comming to take their guns, it would be quiet a laugh....if it were not so sad!

http://news.yahoo.co...-155033813.html

Oh wow. A but disturbing actually that people really think that way. Does make Americans come off looking like mental head cases to those that do not realize that it those at the far extreme 1/5 percenters that make most noise and do stuff like flood a hero's in box with mental emails or show up at funerals with whacky protest signs. This is not mainstream America but it sure can come across as looking that way as mainstream Americans are never or rarely in the media.

Sadly this is the sort of bizarre paranoia propagated by none other than Alex Jones, he of sweatily shouting down Piers Morgan fame.

And he must have some believers in his cult, as he has around 2,000,000 listeners, and probability tells us that that's enough of a pool to provide some serious tin foil hat enthusiasts.