The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

On 7/17/2018 at 1:09 PM, The manic said:

I have stopped going to any restaurants which allow smoking. I know this is slightly irrelevant but could we make a thread dedicated to restaurants and bars selling food ban smoking inside.

I have stopped going to any restaurant that does not allow smoking...I will take my busisness some where else,where smokers are shown some respect.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

In any case, Saras vegetarian at Royal Garden Mall place (a chain from Bangkok) has quite excellent Indian sweets in the case in front. I think the best in town for that. They also do Indian holiday special treats during those holidays.

http://saras.co.th/

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People -- please try to respect the focus of THIS thread.

See the O.P. if you need guidance.

It's certainly not meant to be a debate about hygiene in India and other such non-local topics.

Tangential detours are of course OK to a limited degree but I'm feeling this thread is starting to get derailed (AGAIN) and that is not OK.

This thread would not have lasted for many years already if such detours weren't held in reasonable check.

Thank you all again for all the ON TOPIC posts and again if you don't know what this thread is intended to be -- READ THE O.P.

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Any good places to find Cheese Baroda and Massala Dossa? 

I'm not familiar with Cheese Baroda but Masala Dosa is on offer at several mostly vegetarian Indian restaurants in town.

You might try Saras already mentioned or perhaps wait a few weeks for the "big chef" to arrive at the newly opened Sankalp (well known chain from India) arrives. Sankalp is on 2nd across from Royal Garden. Sankalp has some cheese oriented dishes but again I suggest waiting for the full opening with the big chef.

http://www.sankalponline.com/menu.aspx

The veggie places across from Central Pattaya Beach I've also found all decent. In other words, it ain't hard at all to find Masala Dosa in Pattaya! There also numerous places that have it on 2nd road South Pattaya going towards Jomtien in the Middle Eastern district and many many on Pattaya Klang and nearby areas. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I have stopped going to any restaurant that does not allow smoking...I will take my busisness some where else,where smokers are shown some respect.....

So happy for you.... now off you jolly well go 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Just about every restaurant discussed on this thread allows smoking outside in their designated area, this is should accommodate you and other smokers and not be an issue for anybody.

There is new small Thai restaurant on Soi Cozy beach. I don't think it has a name. Its opposite the 'Just Spa'. Very modestly priced authentic Thai food. No  smoking..No stupid Techo or hip hop being blasted out. If you live near by give it a try.

I mentioned this place in another tgread but there is a 20 cheese buffet every sunday at

L Auberege restaurant on Pratumnak hill near 7/11 / Family mart abutting Soi 4. A great chance to try 20 cheeses of the world with wine and cold cuts.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, The manic said:

I mentioned this place in another tgread but there is a 20 cheese buffet every sunday at

L Auberege restaurant on Pratumnak hill near 7/11 / Family mart abutting Soi 4. A great chance to try 20 cheeses of the world with wine and cold cuts.

How much for cheese buffet and wine ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The manic said:

There is new small Thai restaurant on Soi Cozy beach. I don't think it has a name. Its opposite the 'Just Spa'. Very modestly priced authentic Thai food. No  smoking..No stupid Techo or hip hop being blasted out. If you live near by give it a try.

BTW Its next to a pharmacy?

Namsan
Korean BBQ restaurant
Real Korean not Thai style Korean
3rd road in the Koreatown open mall, Burger King on corner. North Pattaya north of Marina mall opposite side.

This is a BBQ set and all you can eat Korean restaurant that includes a buffet.

They have a new option. No grilled meats. Just the buffet for 199.

I looked at it at 8pm and a tray was empty and the food looked tired but there was a great variety including fried chicken, stews, and Korean sushi.
It seems it would be a good deal when the food is fresher probably earlier in the evening.
For the BBQ deals there is a two person minimum.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d12585365-Reviews-Namsan_Grill_Korean_BBQ_BUFFET-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Namsan
Korean BBQ restaurant
Real Korean not Thai style Korean
3rd road in the Koreatown open mall, Burger King on corner. North Pattaya north of Marina mall opposite side.

Sorry, important correction.

It's off SECOND ROAD, not THIRD road.

Of course 3rd road in North Pattaya features a number of Korean restaurants as well!

4 minutes ago, goegoe said:

What about the 3 idiots (owners) overpriced restaurant near Indian by nature, someone else tried it ? After having checked te prices, I went to Indian by nature...

It's projects itself as a vegetarian restaurant but sells pizzas! Doomed to fail.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goegoe said:

What about the 3 idiots (owners) overpriced restaurant near Indian by nature, someone else tried it ? After having checked te prices, I went to Indian by nature...

Well, I'm glad I'm not an investor in it.

They're a multi-cuisine vegetarian restaurant.

Their menu does interest me but I won't even try it at their prices which they add plus plus.

I was hoping to see them on eatigo.com but nope. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, I'm glad I'm not an investor in it.

They're a multi-cuisine vegetarian restaurant.

Their menu does interest me but I won't even try it at their prices which they add plus plus.

I was hoping to see them on eatigo.com but nope. 

How long before it closes if even you won't eat there...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, goegoe said:

How long before it closes if even you won't eat there...

No idea but there are lots of places that I won't go to, most places actually. We're spoiled for choices here. 

Their variety of "sizzlers" interested me but when you add rice and the plus plus silliness you're talking about 500 baht just for that. 

I noticed Sankalp (2nd road across from Royal Garden) has a "sizzler" as well, well will have after the "big chef" arrives for much less cost.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 7/4/2018 at 9:26 PM, gaff said:

New Pattaya cheap Vietnamese steak and sandwich.

Soi Khao Talo, near shabu and japanese restaurant, across health land Sukhumvit, at the entrance of Soi Kaotalo:

https://goo.gl/q5hCE4

PATTAYA VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT (2).jpg

PATTAYA VIETNAMESE RESTAURANT (1).jpg

When I turn onto Soi Khao Talo from Sukhumvit   how far down the soi is the restaurant located?     

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 3:58 PM, Jingthing said:

Mae Sri Ruen

I'm not overly excited because the Central Pattaya Beach mall location already works for me. How about opening in Jomtien, eh?

Not sure this is technically in Jomtien, but on Thepprasit Road, there's one just before the Sukhumvit traffic lights, on the south side (right-hand side if you're heading toward Sukhumvit).  The Thepprasit baht buses usually terminate right at the location.

Edited by wpcoe

3 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

Not sure this is technically in Jomtien, but on Thepprasit Road, there's one just before the Sukhumvit traffic lights, on the south side (right-hand side if you're heading toward Sukhumvit).

Yes, I supposed someone would post that. Yes, it's been there for decades I think.

I should have clarified I meant the beach/tourist area of Jomtien.

Imagine if they had one near on Beach road near Tappraya, I think it would be packed nonstop just as Surf Kitchen is. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Pizza Pizza by Yanee

Avenue Mall

Long standing seasonal "Giveaway" promotion on Margherita Pizza for 79 baht has again ended.

It's not the best Margherita Pizza in town and probably not the worse, but while it lasted it was the best 79 baht Margherita Pizza in town.

Oh, the humanity! :crying:

See you next year? 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Oriental Trattoria

2nd road

Roughly across from Avenue Mall

6 AM to 4 PM

you can get Malaysian noodle soup dishes like Asam Laksa and Curry Laksa and perhaps some other noodles dishes, etc. Both Laksa are 125 baht.

I  spoke to them early evening and was told I could get these dishes at that time:

Vietnamese

Beef or Pork Pho but with Thai rice noodles 150 

Vietnamese Fried (not fresh) spring rolls 150

Malaysian

Chicken Curry

Roti Prata

Nice.  Will definitely give the pho a try and my girlfriend loves Laksa.  

Did you mean 6 pm to 4 am?  Seems odd a restaurant would stop serving food at 4 pm.

Nice.  Will definitely give the pho a try and my girlfriend loves Laksa.    

Did you mean 6 pm to 4 am?  Seems odd a restaurant would stop serving food at 4 pm.

No. 6 am. They were super clear about that. I think it's a 24 hour restaurant. 

The Pho was available in the evening.

I don't know if you went during the Laksa chef's shift up to about 4 pm that you would also be able to get Pho.

What's obviously going on is that they have different chefs that can do some things and not others so what you will be able to.

order depends on the time you go.

Chefs can't work 24 hours.

People may question their business tactics but as customers all we can do is try to figure out when to go to get what we want.

I don't even know if it's good yet for the Asean food so don't get too excited yet.

I also want to try the laksa but I'm not often in Pattaya to eat before 4 pm!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Long standing seasonal "Giveaway" promotion on Margherita Pizza for 79 baht has again ended.

It's not the best Margherita Pizza in town and probably not the worse, but while it lasted it was the best 79 baht Margherita Pizza in town.

It ended several weeks ago. Possibly even two months. As you say, a great shame as I used to go there regularly once a week. Still, it has come and gone before and so may well return.