Monthly Spending

CharlesDavid

How much do you spend a month?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

May I ask why you are conducting this poll? :o

It follows on from a staff room discussion is Sirracha this morning. A couple of teachers were saying it was impossible to live in Pattaya on a teachers salary and weere bemoaning the fact that they were so close to fun city but could only afford to visit it two or three times a month.

A load of tosh in my opinion I have lived here for years and can live comfortably and enjoy myself on 40k a month.

If I needed to I reckon I could survive on 15k a month. I have savings but don't need to blow them simply because I choose to live in Pattaya.

Ya know this is quite interesting. My guess is that the majority of people hanging around here will be in the top two brackets but that may not be representitive of a larger cross section of expats who like to hang around bars and stone tables all day as they may not own computers and almost certainly would not log into this thinking gentlemans forum.

I actually log all expenses daily and have done for 5 years so I can actually plot a moving average, nothing to do with being keenow just my corporate background refusing to die. And if ya think that's bad my friend amortizes the house, TV and the car.

Did I say top two? I mean 50 to 70k and above 110k

Must be all the stress from the Majestic experience this afternoon. :o

You're not far wrong so far (after viewing the results)

I hate to say this, but my missus alone is quite a ways up the voting pole :D

Ya know this is quite interesting. My guess is that the majority of people hanging around here will be in the top two brackets but that may not be representitive of a larger cross section of expats who like to hang around bars and stone tables all day as they may not own computers and almost certainly would not log into this thinking gentlemans forum.

I actually log all expenses daily and have done for 5 years so I can actually plot a moving average, nothing to do with being keenow just my corporate background refusing to die. And if ya think that's bad my friend amortizes the house, TV and the car.

..did i miss something? :o

A load of tosh in my opinion I have lived here for years and can live comfortably and enjoy myself on 40k a month.

If I needed to I reckon I could survive on 15k a month. I have savings but don't need to blow them simply because I choose to live in Pattaya.

You are 100% spot on my friend and I wrote about this a couple of years ago. Anyhow I fall into the 50-70K mark as I drink almost everyday. That blows the budget to the tune of 1,000 baht a day, cheers. :o

Most people I know in Pattaya and Bangkok (and it applies to me, too) spend some 30 - 40 k per month excluding housing. This is independend of their income, some of them are doing actually very well on an expat package. But still...their day-to-day expenses are not overinflated just because of that. Just their appartment is somewhat nicer than mine.

Where exactly is the Majestic, Rimmer?

Here we go again :D

Indeed. :D

It would be nice to get an answer though... :D

I'd guess it's that cafe/bar thingo in the new immigration carpark row of shops.

The view talay crown logo also caught my eye when I was there the other day.

37618-View-Talay-0.jpg

Edited by donkeykong

Must be all the stress from the Majestic experience this afternoon. :D

I'd guess it's that cafe/bar thingo in the new immigration carpark row of shops.

The view talay crown logo also caught my eye when I was there the other day.

37618-View-Talay-0.jpg

And it is called the Majestic Bistro? :o

Just look at the way number 5 and number 8 are level pegging even to the number of votes.

Yes, very interesting.

Now exactly where is the Majestic Bistro, Rimmer?

I have asked a couple of times before, but you must have missed my posts.

Just to jog your memory, you parked outside of it on Monday. :o

Just look at the way number 5 and number 8 are level pegging even to the number of votes.

Yes, very interesting.

It's at

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60648

but that thread is closed now so we don't go there any more :D

Yes, very interesting.

It's at

Not to worry, this is what you posted:

Well do you know we actually went down there on the motorbike this afternoon and parked outside.

but when I saw the corporate logo on the Majestic windows I chickened out

A link exists between that logo and the large building in the yard and knowing what I do think it best not to poke around.

I then replied to you with:

So where exactly is the Majestic Bistro that you parked outside of situated, Rimmer?

Are you saying it is actually part of, or adjacent to, the Pattaya Immigration Office complex in Soi 5, Jomtien?

You did not answer, so would you please oblige now?

Yes, very interesting.

It's at

Rimmer I have just returned from Immigration this morning and have scoured both sides of Soi 5 and the buildings adjacent to Immigration and I too could not locate Majestic Bistro nor could any of the motorbike taxis my Mrs' asked.

Would you be kind enough to simply state the exact location of this Bistro since you parked outside of it. What is so hard about doing that?

now so we don't go there any more :D

Rimmer I have just returned from Immigration this morning and have scoured both sides of Soi 5 and the buildings adjacent to Immigration and I too could not locate Majestic Bistro nor could any of the motorbike taxis my Mrs' asked.

Would you be kind enough to simply state the exact location of this Bistro since you parked outside of it. What is so hard about doing that?

The plot thickens. There is a Majestic Jomtien Hotel but its a long way from Soi 5. View Talay condos are not in the vicinity of Soi 5 either. Can't find any reference on the net anywhere to Majestic Bistro.

Maybe it'll be just one of those unsolved mysteries.... Maybe we imagined it all happened.... :D

Maybe Rimmer doesn't exist..... :o

now so we don't go there any more :D

View Talay condos are not in the vicinity of Soi 5 either.

Sorry, I've just had a look at one of my many maps.

View Talay residence No.4 is at the back end of Soi 5.

Maybe Majestic Bistro is inside the condo grounds on Soi 5. Might account for the immigration police dining there.

Any volunteers to check it out? :D

(Rimmer did, but he's disappeared :o )

Amazing figures!

At the time of writing 20+ guys spend in excess of 90,000bt a month, in Pattaya (???)

Perhaps they'd give us poor sods a breakdown of expenses? :D

...and I thought you're cashing in a handsome moderator package.... :o