Bullying Red Shirt Tenants Beat Elderly Landlord

webfact

Who still thinks the red shirts are good people after this incident? Doesn't give a lot of hope for the country. Lets hope more of thier activities are made known to the public.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

The scum that did this claimed to be security for a red shirt politicion it dosn't state it was fact. Don't you think you should wait for all the facts before making a statement like that ?

you really think there will be facts ?

The red shirts believe they can do as they want because the people voted for them and that they are above the law - they seriously believe that

It's a simplton childish attitude that has serious implications in adults

All I see is some young thugs abused some elderly people! What they did is disgusting and they should be jailed. There is no fact that that are in reality aligned with any political party, Are employed by any politition, Have any standing at all with anyone that would be in government or political society other than a headline and a second grade story from a second grade newspaper! The xenapphobia about this news article is rediculous

• Like 2

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We look forward to the assertion that these guys were 'fake' reds.

On the other hand well within the style boundaries of what was going on in 2010.

Theres no facts to say they were red shirt supporters or not just a headline. But assuming they were does that mean all the other colour party's do not contain THUGS like these scum? Or do you and several other posters on this topic beleive all Red Shirts are tard with the same brush?

tarred

English school is it ? my opologise for spelling errors

Who still thinks the red shirts are good people after this incident? Doesn't give a lot of hope for the country. Lets hope more of thier activities are made known to the public.

The scum that did this claimed to be security for a red shirt politicion it dosn't state it was fact. Don't you think you should wait for all the facts before making a statement like that ?

The red shirts believe they can do as they want because the people voted for them and that they are above the law - they seriously believe that

All I see is some young thugs abused some elderly people! What they did is disgusting and they should be jailed. There is no fact that that are in reality aligned with any political party, Are employed by any politition, Have any standing at all with anyone that would be in government or political society other than a headline and a second grade story from a second grade newspaper! The xenapphobia about this news article is rediculous

So red-shirt or red-shirt pretender intimidation & violence is ok then? All you're doing is shooting the messenger & if you have a different version, let's see it.

You misunderstand the meaning of xenophobia, which is hatred of foreigners or aliens. There is no hatred of Thais in general - just thugs, whether red-shirts or those using their methods.

• Like 1

The only thing you injected was fiction and hypocritically so given your other statements

Yes I am certainly not above hypocrisy, I am human and it does seem to be part and parcel of our quirky ways... don't worry I'll take your word for it, no need to cite specifics just make a few wild allegations!!! Was that irony? If so please tell me it was deliberate!

You have really never heard of landlords in Thailand grossly overcharging the unit prices of electricity onto tenants? Fiction? No, it's common practice but I recall as a boy I thought closing my eyes made me invisible, clearly you are suffering from similar lapses of logic as an adult... understandable. I once met a man who believed when he closed his eyes the rest of the world ceased to exist, nothing surprise me any more!

I've lived here 10 years and never experienced it.

Close your eyes and get back to your mangled imagination.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

have you been renting in Thailand for ten years and has that been with various landlords ?

What makes accountability issue difficult to apply however is that political supporters are not necessarily governed or controlled by their chosen party. Anyone can don a red shirt or yellow shirt and join protests, act like an idiot if they choose and generally cause trouble. Any party would do well to distance themselves from such supporters but drawing a line between them is not so clear cut.

It is actually very clear cut. You can't, as you say, stop people wearing a certain colour shirt, or believing a certain thing, but you can publicly denounce them and make it clear to the public that whatever these people may say, they are no longer affiliated in any way with the group and they are no longer welcome with the group. Very easy to do. Very clear cut.

As for your analogy about the army, i see no difference with them at all. If a soldier behaves illegally, he should be kicked out of the army. Simple. If he isn't, then yes, his bad actions do reflect on all soldiers and on the entire institution. Same goes for the police.

It still has to be established that they were really in the red shirt movement and working as security for a politition for them to be renounced!

khunken

So red-shirt or red-shirt pretender intimidation & violence is ok then? All you're doing is shooting the messenger & if you have a different version, let's see it.

You misunderstand the meaning of xenophobia, which is hatred of foreigners or aliens. There is no hatred of Thais in general - just thugs, whether red-shirts or those using their methods.

I understand the meaning very well "Xenophobia is a dislike or fear of people from other countries or of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange. Some definitions suggest xenophobia as arising from irrationality or unreason"

Show me where I stated violence ok ? I said there is no facts showing that they are "aligned with any political party, Are employed by any politition, Have any standing at all with anyone that would be in government or political society other than a headline and a second grade story from a second grade newspaper!

You may have been mis-interpreted the 'childish attitude' for 'young'. The topic is on thugs, but nowhere does it say they are young, just men.

The amazing thing here is that the landlord/lady didn't seem to question the first tenant (mr. Lek) when he said he'd be a security guard for a minister in the Red Shirt political activist party. She even assumed (according to original article) that therefor he must be an honerable man. I'm wondering though about the parking space needed for the six-wheel truck rolleyes.gif

Mr. Lek brought in three more men saying "they were the subordinates of the minister and with the officials of the Laem Chabang Port Authority". There is one more "They had claimed that they were security guards of the Red Shirt party and the subordinates of a party minister, led by Mr. Lek." There's only one "red-shirt guards"

Now of course the four chaps seem to have been lying about working for a Minister in the red-shirt party, as there is no red-shirt party in parliament. Maybe the landlady misunderstood and interpreted Pheu Thai for red-shirts. The interesting part is the assumption that since there was mention of guards, minister, red-shirts she didn't question much untill the thuggish behaviour started to show. Then she probably thought something like 'these can't be honerable red-shirts, maybe not even red-shirts'. I can only hope that the beating her husband received and the threats she did, do not effect her believe in the just cause of the grass-root red-shirts. Furthermore it is important that it gets sorted out very quickly what the status of these four thugs is.

- member or just guard in a red-shirt movement, if yes which one?

- employed as security guards?

- employed by a minister ?

- subordinates of the (unnamed) minister of officilas of LCPA ?

• Like 1

The only thing you injected was fiction and hypocritically so given your other statements

Yes I am certainly not above hypocrisy, I am human and it does seem to be part and parcel of our quirky ways... don't worry I'll take your word for it, no need to cite specifics just make a few wild allegations!!! Was that irony? If so please tell me it was deliberate!

You have really never heard of landlords in Thailand grossly overcharging the unit prices of electricity onto tenants? Fiction? No, it's common practice but I recall as a boy I thought closing my eyes made me invisible, clearly you are suffering from similar lapses of logic as an adult... understandable. I once met a man who believed when he closed his eyes the rest of the world ceased to exist, nothing surprise me any more!

OMB I cant believe the avalanche of loquacious voluminous gabble that is lacking erudite logic that this gentleman writes. He must spend all day in his cool office writing this while his redshirt employee labour in the hot sun

• Like 1

khunken

I understand the meaning very well "Xenophobia is a dislike or fear of people from other countries or of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange. Some definitions suggest xenophobia as arising from irrationality or unreason"

Show me where I stated violence ok ? I said there is no facts showing that they are "aligned with any political party, Are employed by any politition, Have any standing at all with anyone that would be in government or political society other than a headline and a second grade story from a second grade newspaper!

OK so you understand what xenophobia is then. However, you don't say how it is supposed to apply to this article.

Didn't say you supported violence - I just asked the question. What you refuse to do is condemn red-shirt violence which this article directly states. We don't know whether the thugs are real red-shirts or just copying their intimidation - whichever way it is, red-shirt methods were being used. That is what I asked and you avoided the question.

We don't have any contrary information to the article. I don't accept much of what is portrayed in all media but I can see that there is some truth in the report. Red-shirt supporters can't accept the truth & love to post their propaganda. That is far less credible than the report in this thread.

• Like 1

I've lived here 10 years and never experienced it.

Close your eyes and get back to your mangled imagination.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

I almost always disagree with Ferangled, but he is correct about landlords gouging on electricity bills, especially in apartments and condos. It is very common here in Pattaya. However, I think he was being silly when he inferred that the gang beat up the man because he MAY have been gouging. He just thinks up ways of diverting people from the subject in hand. As a contributor, he is pretty worthless as his imagination tends to run riot. AND HE JUST CAN'T LET GO, can he?

Just wondering whether calgatyll morphed into righteous (quiet for a few days now) now morphed into ferangled. Similar structure, argument strategy, & writing stye.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

OMB I cant believe the avalanche of loquacious voluminous gabble that is lacking erudite logic that this gentleman writes. He must spend all day in his cool office writing this while his redshirt employee labour in the hot sun

laugh.png

Can't understand why you guys get so upset about things you have absolutely no power over.

Do you have power over cancer, traffic jams, corruption, natural disasters, paedophiles... or do none of those things upset you?

So, how upset are you over the current political party in power, upset enough to leave Thailand in protest, enough to join a demonstration ?

Are you gonna turn up at Government House, douse yourself in gasoline and burn yourself alive in protest ?

I don't give a frig either way, but you come across as obsessed, considering you are as Thai as my carpet, i find such strong feelings strange, unless you go the gasoline route that is, then I will actually believe you really cared and were not just blowing hot air. :)

Edited by Banzai99
  • Like 1

Many people step in the poop they serve and condemn those low characters who beat this poor man.

Let's see if the Red Shirt Leaders condemn these low character Red Shirts. Let's see if they are denounced and removed from the organization.

Historically, that has yet to occur with the many previous violent incidents carried out by Red Shirts.

You sounds like the "quality" newpaper who wrote the tenditious article, describing a bunch of thugs as "Red shirts" as if beating a man has anyything to do with politics.

You make the same mistake and it's the same as if a (democratic or republican) thug in America who beat up people would be excused by the Democratic- or Republican Party.

I don't think that ever happened in any country in the world so don't make it political, when it's not.

Tenditious? American word?

Many people step in the poop they serve and condemn those low characters who beat this poor man.

Let's see if the Red Shirt Leaders condemn these low character Red Shirts. Let's see if they are denounced and removed from the organization.

Historically, that has yet to occur with the many previous violent incidents carried out by Red Shirts.

You sounds like the "quality" newpaper who wrote the tenditious article, describing a bunch of thugs as "Red shirts" as if beating a man has anyything to do with politics.

You make the same mistake and it's the same as if a (democratic or republican) thug in America who beat up people would be excused by the Democratic- or Republican Party.

I don't think that ever happened in any country in the world so don't make it political, when it's not.

Tenditious? American word?

biggrin.png No, typing error.

tendentious of course.

Thank you for the hint wai.gif

Can't understand why you guys get so upset about things you have absolutely no power over.

Do you have power over cancer, traffic jams, corruption, natural disasters, paedophiles... or do none of those things upset you?

So, how upset are you over the current political party in power, upset enough to leave Thailand in protest, enough to join a demonstration ?

Are you gonna turn up at Government House, douse yourself in gasoline and burn yourself alive in protest ?

I don't give a frig either way, but you come across as obsessed, considering you are as Thai as my carpet, i find such strong feelings strange, unless you go the gasoline route that is, then I will actually believe you really cared and were not just blowing hot air. smile.png

No just blowing hot bandwidth

Your attempts to insult me rather than coherently argue your corner leads me to believe that you are incapable of doing so.

Your attempts to inject your own fiction into the news story leads me to believe that your are not at one with the truth.

The very fact that you sit on here all day going round and round in ever decreasing circles posting the same one-eyed garbage day in, day out leads me to believe that if you are gainfully employed you are either not worth the wage or are employed by a concerned party

Does anyone ever manage to completely read one of the 'mangled one's posts?

I gave up months ago, rambling, off on a tangent, splitting hairs, he's unreadable.

At least GK sometimes injects irony into his posts and there's always a touch of condescension from jay, I forget his name... ( ex young husband).

Exactly.

Your attempts to insult me rather than coherently argue your corner leads me to believe that you are incapable of doing so.

Your attempts to inject your own fiction into the news story leads me to believe that your are not at one with the truth.

The very fact that you sit on here all day going round and round in ever decreasing circles posting the same one-eyed garbage day in, day out leads me to believe that if you are gainfully employed you are either not worth the wage or are employed by a concerned party

"Your attempts to insult me rather than coherently argue your corner leads me to believe that you are incapable of doing so."

hahaha, that's rich.

It's how they are identified. Red shirts.

That's making it political instead a terrible beating by some low thugs and you expect excuses from a political party/movement?

You know better than that.

It's your personal view upon the red shirts in general, grabbing every single article in some low standard newspaper to attack and describe about how terrible red shirts are.

You are continiously generalizing dozens of millions of people who support the red shirt movement whether they are nice or not; correct or not; in the government or not.

Personally, I think that the vast majority of red shirts are decent hard working people the same as the yellow shirts.

careful, you're sounding too level headed.

• Like 1

Black Shirts = Benito Mussolini & Sir Oswald Mosley

Brown Shirts = Adolf Hitler

Red Shirts = Thaksin Shinawatra

Yellow Shirts = ????

Red shirts = Garribaldi. Just saying, if you're doing historical comparisons.

And WHITE SHIRTS is the LOVE MOVEMENT wink.png

post-13995-0-14741400-1357328038_thumb.j

That's making it political instead a terrible beating by some low thugs and you expect excuses from a political party/movement?

It's your personal view upon the red shirts in general, grabbing every single article in some low standard newspaper to attack and describe about how terrible red shirts are.

You are continiously generalizing dozens of millions of people who support the red shirt movement whether they are nice or not; correct or not; in the government or not.

Personally, I think that the vast majority of red shirts are decent hard working people the same as the yellow shirts.

Dozens of millions of red shirts? On what do you base this claim?

oh stop being so pedantic.

• Like 1

I'm out of here.

There was a bad beating of a man by some bad behaving tenants.

They should be prosecuted and if found guilty, receive their punishment by a Thai judge.

End of story and one of many stories.

The Pattaya "Times" has done it's work with their Headline: Bullying Red Shirt Tenants beat elderly Landlord and it's not worth it to spend more precious moments of ones life on this subject.

If it would have been a Russian/American/British/Australian/German landlord, beaten up in Pattaya by tenants, few would have paid attention and at least not have drawn almost 180 posts but I know, maybe it depends on the COLOR of the shirts they're wearing wink.png

oh stop being so pedantic.

I'm pedantic, you're a stickler for accuracy, he's an exaggerator.