lost quite a bit over the years in the wrong investments i.e. Stock market......... so playing it safe is important.

Anyone got any advice on investing in Thailand ?

Have 2 condo's, ROI pretty much sucks ( about 5% when you have tennants, but offset it inbetween tennants and general upkeep and ur doing about 3% or less - better off in a savings account (excluding property price rise which has been negligible in Thonglor since 2004 )

Looking for something relatively lower risk, but any where between about 6 -8 % would keep me very happy.

any recommendations ?

Well it's pretty much exactly what you didn't ask for but my new investments are CGMFX and MCHFX

Which is basicly a poor mans hedge fund mutual fund for the US, and a China mutual fund.

However the Thai markets will also do well over the medium term.

8 percent with low risk would be more sensible to ask for if the prime rates were closer to 6 percent than the present .25

I know you got burned in stocks but there are really some good times that will come again and now is the time to get in ...... Doom and Gloom only lasts for a while and it's about over

I would bet the SET will gain more than 8 percent in 2013

Have a look at some of the Aberdeen funds...AAIF is one and doing very well indeed.

I have been investing in Thai land and value has more than doubled in 4 credit crunch years...sure there will be a few replies to that one!

Yeah not as good as gold!

Thanks guys.... In essence anyone who asks investment advice does not deserve to hold the cash :) ...... In reality I have been so busy working have had little time to explore it, but for the same amount, a simple 10second calculation shows me how much I am foregoing.... So need to work on it.

Will look the above and at some stock market indexed funds, and some more safer options... Spread the investments. Have a K bank fund for LTF, and its up 60% in 3 years which is happy. Kinda the opposite of my Nasdaq experience.

Last year I took a look at these so called insurance schemes which can save tax, the maths was amazing, had me going for a while, but they are just scams. In essence they return something like 2% but u need to stay invested for 10 years

Edited by skippybangkok