Farm Photos

shaggy1969

^ Looks like they are all going nuts over on Samui Jim crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

A couple more shots of the farmer cutting back his rice crop.

His crop was planted early in expectance of the rains,but they came late this year and his rice grew too long to plant.

He's got to be strong to do that. He looks like a nice guy, Shaggy.smile.png

Am not sure if strength is a main facture there DAL,more a question of technique and a good sharp blade.

That sickle type blade he is using goes through the rice seedlings like knife through hot butter.Yes,he is a

friendy guy although his wife was a bit grumpy because I was only taking photos of her husband.

Not had any cows for a while have we?How about a mother with her young?

mother%2Band%2Bcalf-06974.jpg

Edited by shaggy1969
  • Like 2

^ Looks like they are all going nuts over on Samui Jim crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

A couple more shots of the farmer cutting back his rice crop.

His crop was planted early in expectance of the rains,but they came late this year and his rice grew too long to plant.

He's got to be strong to do that. He looks like a nice guy, Shaggy.smile.png

Am not sure if strength is a main facture there DAL,more a question of technique and a good sharp blade.

That sickle type blade he is using goes through the rice seedlings like knife through hot butter.Yes,he is a

friendy guy although his wife was a bit grumpy because I was only taking photos of her husband.

Not had any cows for a while have we?How about a mother with her young?

mother%2Band%2Bcalf-06974.jpg

hi shaggy mate,

that looks so much like a young buffalo,,

• Like 1

I'm a very good mother I'll have you know !!!

cow-06976.jpg

hi shaggy mate,

Hi Jake.

Your spot on mate.

My bad, I made a bit of a cock up last night trying to rush with the uploading of cow and calf photo.facepalm.gif

It is a young buffalo mate and as far as I can gather the cow has become it's surrogate mother.

The photo below is of her own young (looks around 1 year?) and the young buffalo.

bufcalf%2Bcowcalf-06972.jpg

Good luck with all the building work that you have going on there fella.

Keep us updated when you can, if you would be so kind.Cheers

Edited by shaggy1969
  • Like 2

I'm a very good mother I'll have you know !!!

cow-06976.jpg

hi shaggy mate,

Hi Jake.

Your spot on mate.

My bad, I made a bit of a cock up last night trying to rush with the uploading of cow and calf photo.facepalm.gif

It is a young buffalo mate and as far as I can gather the cow has become it's surrogate mother.

The photo below is of her own young (looks around 1 year?) and the young buffalo.

bufcalf%2Bcowcalf-06972.jpg

Good luck with all the building work that you have going on there fella.

Keep us updated when you can, if you would be so kind.Cheers

Looking at her I would say she will be about 3 years old ,and the looks of those teats,she has had a calf,or well in calf.The cow was probable her calf from 2-3 years ago ,being a heifer kept it back for breeding.

Again good photo's

• Like 1

Looking at her I would say she will be about 3 years old ,and the looks of those teats,she has had a calf,or well in calf.The cow was probable her calf from 2-3 years ago ,being a heifer kept it back for breeding.

Again good photo's

Hi kickstart,thank you for your post and the information about the young one.To me when I saw them side by side the mother cow

looked huge compared to her calf,how many years would it take before she is the same size as her mother?

morning guys,

update number 3, i got rained off yesterday big time,

so i went and got the timbers for the roof,

a funny story to go with this that ive put in the general section,

i went to the timber place, got 20 lengths of 3x2 paid the man 6,720, free delivery

on the way home, we were just about there infact, when macs phones rings, wood man she says, him want to give more money, 1,300bht

so i said tell him ill bring it tomorow as we are nearly home,

she said no, he want to give us back, 1,300bht,

so good things do happen here,

anyway here is todays pic,

mac has told me to stop working as its to hot, plus the blocks are wet through,

jake

post-32351-0-20347200-1412827440_thumb.j

• Like 2

Anyone happen to know what this fruit is?.... leaves look a bit like a Passiflora vine .... I could not get in closer to get better photo of the fruit! ...

IMG_4814.JPG

It's Gac fruit, Fakeow....Ahem.

One of those "good for health" fruits, that everybody wants to grow......meh, but nobody does. Maybe it's because the seeds, although viable, take 3/6/7/8/ months to finally sprout.

35/40 Baht per kilo, plants last 10+years, you feed them and they will feed you.

Tastes a bit like concentrated tomato. A kilo will get you 5 litres (? depends on your taste) of High vit. C juice. We mix ours with a small bit of honey.

You rarely see it in the Talats because it goes so quick.

It's October here in Chiang Mai, Avocaados are here. Avocaado, gak and honey.....the bomb pink ice cream.

Regards.

• Like 1

@ Ron,no likes on the storm damage photos mate,for obvious reasons.

I truly hope that you manage to salvage some of this years crop.

@ Jimmy,about time we were seeing some of these little chaps mate,are any of the ducks sitting yet?

IMGP2995.JPG

I've got 20 muskovy eggs in the incubator. Due on the 15th Oct. I'll keep you posted.

@ Ron,no likes on the storm damage photos mate,for obvious reasons.

I truly hope that you manage to salvage some of this years crop.

@ Jimmy,about time we were seeing some of these little chaps mate,are any of the ducks sitting yet?

IMGP2995.JPG

I've got 20 muskovy eggs in the incubator. Due on the 15th Oct. I'll keep you posted.

33/35 days for a Muskovy egg?

Haha.....make that the 29th Octoberfacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

Regards

Edited by teletiger
  • Like 1

Again good photo's

Hi kickstart,thank you for your post and the information about the young one.To me when I saw them side by side the mother cow

looked huge compared to her calf,how many years would it take before she is the same size as her mother?

Looking at the 2 photos,cow ,calf / heifer, they look the same breed,Indo-Brazilian X Brahman,looking at your photo, at the rings on the horns,I would say she has had no more than 2 calves,you can tell how many calves a cow has had by the rings on her horns, I thought it was an old wifes tale when I first herd that, but they is some truth in it ,when a cow calves she puts all her energy in to providing milk for her calf,and she will lose some body weight ,and the horns stop growing, or grow very slowly,as she puts on more condition the horns start to grow. hence the rings.

When will she be the same size as her mother,job to say if she was feed some concentrate,unlikly, about 1 year, if she has a calf ,and rears it say in 18 mothes -2 years,with the diet they are on,also the breed ,indo -Brazilian are an intensive breed ,not a only grazing the hedge bottoms breed.

PS The misses just said can age a buffalo by the ring on her horns,I would say the jurry is out on that one.

Enough of me back to the exclent photos

• Like 1