Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Egg-plant

DAL I guess this is the big apple eggplant?

I'm not fond of them in my green curry but like the smaller Pea eggplants AKA "Makua"

Do you have any idea if they will grow in the UK?

Every time I go to my local Asian supermarket someone has emptied the shelves of them.

Edited by rhythmworx

Thanks for sharing your farm pix Shaggy. Were you born and raised on a farm in your old country or is it something you took up while in Thailand ?

Hi nuananddon.It is me that should be thanking You or sharing Your photos with us and I applaud you for your lifetime of hard work.

I would love to say that I was born and raised on a farm fella,but the truth is I wasn't.I am not sure if you are familiar with England at all but I am originally from the North East of England and was raised in a small fishing town at the beginning of the Yorkshire Dales,In my eyes one of the most beautiful places in the World.As a boy I would go over and stay at a friends farm most weekends and as a Teen I worked as a farm hand ....and as a later teen I chased many a farmers daughter and

managed to catch a few of them.Some years later in my late 20's I also lived on a fruit farm (apples,pears and cherry) which I always look back on with great fondness.

I am not quite sure how many pages you have looked at in this thread but if you keep looking you will come across a page saying that I am no longer a part of

the farm in the previous pages,just wanted to mention that in case you had any questions regarding the pig farm.

Maybe many of you folk on the farming forum wonder why I ever started this thread.Lets just say that at the time of starting this thread I was still pretty beaten up about everything that had happened with my ex-wife,farm and life at that time.By posting the photos it kinda acted for me as some weird therapy and made me face the truth of everything that had happened.

Right am off to look for a duck photo,am sure I have one somewhere smile.png

• Like 1

Ron19

Your photo 4905,, champ tractor,

do you know what was attatched to the tractors rear wheels ,,

what is the steel rim with == looks like blocks on ???

any idea,,

Uncertain but look like they could be a home made version of the paddles used to assist in boggy conditions.I'll see what I can find out and get back to you If I find out anything different.

Ron19

Your photo 4905,, champ tractor,

do you know what was attatched to the tractors rear wheels ,,

what is the steel rim with == looks like blocks on ???

any idea,,

Uncertain but look like they could be a home made version of the paddles used to assist in boggy conditions.I'll see what I can find out and get back to you If I find out anything different.

I would say they would be home made wheel lugs ,the blocks would be for locking on the removable lugs/paddles ? ,probably easier than taking on and off cage wheels for going on the road.

Would also give him a bit more grip when using the dozer blade.

Another good farmer idea.

With the smile on his face,I bet he would love a copy of that photo.

Again good photo.

• Like 1