Kamnan Poh's Family May Seek Royal Pardon, Says His Son, Minister Sonthaya

webfact

On the run for so many years keeping away from justice, then wants a Royal Pardon, as a poster above has said this is being very disrespectful to H.M The King.

Sure this guy is even worse then mr T ordering a hit and all such. And even mr T did not try to get a royal pardon. I hope this guy will rot in jail But i doubt it.

Given that Somchai was a mafia boss who ran the Eastern seaboard like a Tsar (with the acquiescence of every single person up and down the line of official power in Bangkok) for the best part of 50 years, I'm not so sure that he's worse than Mr. T, or even as bad. At least Kamnan Poh never seriously pretended that he wasn't a mafia boss.

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Khunpluem family is considering whether to seek a royal pardon for its patriarch Somchai, Culture Minister Sonthaya Kunplome, Somchai's son, said yesterday.

And so it begins.

They should also be considering to seek a pardon for Yingluck's Culture Minister, the Mayor of Pattaya, the Mayor of Bang Saen, and the Chairman of the Chonburi Provincial Administration Organization.

On the run for so many years keeping away from justice, then wants a Royal Pardon, as a poster above has said this is being very disrespectful to H.M The King.

Sure this guy is even worse then mr T ordering a hit and all such. And even mr T did not try to get a royal pardon. I hope this guy will rot in jail But i doubt it.

Thaksin had three and half million red shirts try and get him a Royal Pardon, but amazingly not one signature from the legally required spouse or child of the convicted, which negates their collective efforts.

Edited by Buchholz

The other day when hauled in by police this guy was walking fine and wearing street clothes...

Now today we see him in a wheelchair and wearing what looks like hospital clothes....

Seems someone is trying to paint a picture here...

Following the tactic of an earlier criminal godfather, Vincente Gigante, pajamas and bathrobe

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-book-excerpt-vincent-chin-gigante-daughter-tells-godfather-daughter-article-1.1157012

The other day when hauled in by police this guy was walking fine and wearing street clothes...

Now today we see him in a wheelchair and wearing what looks like hospital clothes....

By the end of next week he'll be diagnosed as having dementia.

Either that or more likely claim he has a bad heart, is very old and likely to die soon. So hey, let's not put him in jail, bail him. It's what they do with everyone else it seems.

It worked for Samak.

"No one earns a privilege or stays above the law or regulations"

What he missed out was "except me, my father, my family, all my colleagues in Govt, the judiciary, the forces, anyone with lots of money and anyone with an old family name"

That's a succinct description of the corrupt old elites attitude that more enlightened Thais are struggling against

It seems that the corrupt new elites learn well.

Do you have a original thought in your head? Can't you see it's just childlike to constantly to repeat an observation.I've noticed this is a very common habit of yours as you trail around the forum endlessly - just schoolyard behaviour.

What he missed out was "except me, my father, my family, all my colleagues in Govt, the judiciary, the forces, anyone with lots of money and anyone with an old family name"

That's a succinct description of the corrupt old elites attitude that more enlightened Thais are struggling against

Do you have a original thought in your head? Can't you see it's just childlike to constantly to repeat an observation.I've noticed this is a very common habit of yours as you trail around the forum endlessly - just schoolyard behaviour.

But he is right, and corruption wise the Democrats can learn a thing or two from this government.

This new elite is just as bad so their act like being there for the poor people is a lue. They just want to feed from rhe government money.

• Like 1

Don't take it so personal jayboy. Have a Leo and chill a bit. It's too early in the day for high blood pressure.

Either that or more likely claim he has a bad heart, is very old and likely to die soon. So hey, let's not put him in jail, bail him. It's what they do with everyone else it seems.

It worked for Samak.

Even though some - you might remember them - were arguing endlessly and moronically that his liver cancer was an invented ailment to help him escape charges

And the description applies just as equally to all the "new elites" such as the Shinawatra clan.

The "new elites" seem to also be doing their damnedest to outperform anyone who has come before them in terms of cheating, lying, stealing and corruption in general.

As we all know, everyone in Thailand is equal, except those that are more so.

If you keep posting the same unoriginal crap, you will get the same unoriginal responses.

• Like 2

Have love in your heart

Quotes got me again. I wish one of the mods would tell us how to prevent this.

It worked for Samak.

Even though some - you might remember them - were arguing endlessly and moronically that his liver cancer was an invented ailment to help him escape charges

IMHO it doesn't matter if a person has terminal anything and is sure to kick the bucker in ten days. If they are sentenced to prison then they will die in prison. End of story.

There is a maximum of 4 quotes. Select the text you don't want to quote and delete it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

There is a maximum of 4 quotes. Select the text you don't want to quote and delete it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Easy to do on a laptop, harder and fiddly to do on a smartphone :(

• Like 1

The Khunpluem family is considering whether to seek a royal pardon for its patriarch Somchai, Culture Minister Sonthaya Kunplome, Somchai's son, said yesterday.

And so it begins.

I for one hope the great man gets a pardon. his son are so good for Thailand

Please share how 'his son are so good for Thailand'.

Have love in your heart

What do you mean, please share? Is this a religious contribution?

It worked for Samak.

Perhaps you have a link for whatever it is you're trying to allude to in your compulsory flaming, but beyond that, he avoided jail by claiming to be sick.

That he eventually was subsequently shown to be sick doesn't change his earlier ploy, nor does it change that he could have rightfully been jailed and treated at the prison hospital, same as his fellow convict Kamnan Poh is now.

Edited by Buchholz

And the description applies just as equally to all the "new elites" such as the Shinawatra clan.

The "new elites" seem to also be doing their damnedest to outperform anyone who has come before them in terms of cheating, lying, stealing and corruption in general.

As we all know, everyone in Thailand is equal, except those that are more so.

Regarding that and the Red Shirt movement, the situation was explained a couple centuries ago:

"If the people are not educated, if their rights are not explained, if every man does not know his own worth, what he is capable of and what is owed to him, new illusions will succeed the old ones, and after faltering for some time amid a thousand uncertainties, it may come to be that our fortune will be to replace tyrants without destroying tyranny."

Prologue of Mariano Moreno to Rousseau's "The Social Contract"

Jeez guys here is a little information, this is Thailand where a grandiose donation cleanses the soul......have you guys been living in a cave.

That has absolutely nothing to do with a Royal Pardon.

Of course not it is the way to avoid jail time......been going on for years written into law in some cases 10 years and or a 20,000 fine, or both, it is the practice to pay off relatives with a consideration for any 'accidental' death. It is not to do with pardons at all, but as I said there is the Thai way of compensation rather than jail time. Have you never encountered this, what is done is done, no point in causing any more suffering how can we mend the wrong. In Thailand it may be compensation, in the west they insist on taking a slice of life in repayment where possible.

Jeez guys here is a little information, this is Thailand where a grandiose donation cleanses the soul......have you guys been living in a cave.

Of course not it is the way to avoid jail time......been going on for years written into law in some cases 10 years and or a 20,000 fine, or both, it is the practice to pay off relatives with a consideration for any 'accidental' death. It is not to do with pardons at all, but as I said there is the Thai way of compensation rather than jail time. Have you never encountered this, what is done is done, no point in causing any more suffering how can we mend the wrong. In Thailand it may be compensation, in the west they insist on taking a slice of life in repayment where possible.

Paying off compensation for death is irrelevant in this case.

He's already been convicted and sentenced to 30+ years.

Paying off compensation for death is also irrelevant in this thread on seeking a Royal Pardon.

Paying off compensation for death is irrelevant in this case.

He's already been convicted and sentenced to 30+ years.

Paying off compensation for death is also irrelevant in this thread on seeking a Royal Pardon.

I understand money is not in anyway connected to a royal pardon Buchholz, my aplogies for drifting slightly off topic, doesn't happen often, lucky you are here to keep me on track smile.png

Im really amazed there are still red lovers here trying to whitewash his deeds and hope he gets off. I don't care what color someones shirt is if he is guilty of the crime he should do the time.

I do however understand a bit that they are not going after the family not only would that set a precedent for an other famous case and all the important people visiting him but i think most families would not give their father up. I am not sure if i would love my father any less if he had killed someone (unless its someone close). That does not mean i would find it stupid, but helping the police is a step to far and hiding him is too. I would tell him to give himself up but that is about it.

Im really amazed there are still red lovers here trying to whitewash his deeds and hope he gets off. I don't care what color someones shirt is if he is guilty of the crime he should do the time.

I do however understand a bit that they are not going after the family not only would that set a precedent for an other famous case and all the important people visiting him but i think most families would not give their father up. I am not sure if i would love my father any less if he had killed someone (unless its someone close). That does not mean i would find it stupid, but helping the police is a step to far and hiding him is too. I would tell him to give himself up but that is about it.

I read somewhere that the Police now know who was helping him over all this time, some 15 persons are involved. I wonder if the Mayor of Pattaya will get a mention?