Thai Government Bans Xanax

webfact

Government bans Xanax, citing its use as a date rape drug

By Coconuts Bangkok

xanax-578x441.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Earlier today, the Public Health Ministry issued a decree suspending the sale of Alprazolam, the generic name for Xanax, within Thailand. The Ministry claims that the stress relief medication has been used as a date rape drug, contributing to a growing number of sex crimes.

newsjsThe decree sets June 17 as the date on which all sale, manufacture and import of the drug will be banned.

In a related statement, Food and Drug Administration secretary-general Dr. Boonchai Somboonsuk said [more...]

Full story: http://www.coconutsb...date-rape-drug/

-- COCONUTS Bangkok 2013-02-07

• Like 2

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"has been used as a date rape drug, contributing to a growing number of sex crimes"

where is the logic? knives are used to stab people, ban knives, stones were used to knock people on the head, ban stones.....

hey....you are not that crazy..........just saying.

date rape drug?

my god, you'd have to chew a handful to make that work, no?

not if you put them in a drink booze and Xanax not a good mix. Take it from one who knows.

The problem with these pills is that they do do what they are supposed to do. However, as you cannot control the crime from them you have to ban them.

Before you jump all over the Thai government look what they are trying to do with guns in the US.

Again hunting is a good thing. Having a gun is not a bad thing. Making people that are law abiding go through hoops while there is o control over the criminals is stupid.

People are still going to bring the drugs into the country.

The Thai government should put a ban on the drugs with a 10 year penalty plus time for the trafficking added on in Bangkok Hilton.

Same should be done in the US. Do a crime with a weapon no matter if it is a knife or gun get an extra 15 years non parole eligible added on to what ever the crime is.

I agree with the Thai government, as much as possible of these chemical shit products from Pfizer and similar companies must be banned. Chemicals in your body can never give you any benifit.

I disagree.Used vicely over short periods of times ot can help.

Does using a drug "vicely" mean the same as using it for date rape -- please explain !

Edited by tigermonkey

With this decision, word is out that xanax can be used for date rape, people using xanax for anxiety will have to find another molecule, and xanax will still be available on the street at a much steeper price. Loose loose IMO.

The government should come out with a press release in a few weeks saying they studied the effects of xanax and came to the conclusion that it doesn't work for date rape and xanax will be available again by prescription only from specialized doctors such as neurologists.

They might as well apply this to the other 'zepams' to control their avalability and make sure they are available only (almost) to those who really need them.

My 2 cents...

• Like 1

I agree with the Thai government, as much as possible of these chemical shit products from Pfizer and similar companies must be banned. Chemicals in your body can never give you any benifit.

Does using a drug "vicely" mean the same as using it for date rape -- please explain !

JFC.........what are you on ??????? Do you imply that it was designed for date rapes ??

Used for anxiety and also for sleep it has a good effect....that some criminals use it for date rape is totally irrelevant here........jeeeezez rolleyes.gif !!!

• Like 1

date rape drug?

my god, you'd have to chew a handful to make that work, no?

not if you put them in a drink booze and Xanax not a good mix. Take it from one who knows.

The problem with these pills is that they do do what they are supposed to do. However, as you cannot control the crime from them you have to ban them.

Before you jump all over the Thai government look what they are trying to do with guns in the US.

Again hunting is a good thing. Having a gun is not a bad thing. Making people that are law abiding go through hoops while there is o control over the criminals is stupid.

People are still going to bring the drugs into the country.

The Thai government should put a ban on the drugs with a 10 year penalty plus time for the trafficking added on in Bangkok Hilton.

Same should be done in the US. Do a crime with a weapon no matter if it is a knife or gun get an extra 15 years non parole eligible added on to what ever the crime is.

Then just outlaw booze.

It takes days to feel the affects of Xanax for the new prescriber.

• Like 2

JFC.........what are you on ??????? Do you imply that it was designed for date rapes ??

Used for anxiety and also for sleep it has a good effect....that some criminals use it for date rape is totally irrelevant here........jeeeezez rolleyes.gif !!!

JLY --- I'm probably "on" far less than you ! Try carefully reading my post and the post to which I replied. Perhaps you have heard the word "vice" somewhere in your travels,

This sort of comment always baffles me - your body is made 100% out of "chemicals" - and even if you were to narrow it to "exogenous chemicals" then I would just have to wonder if you plan to never eat or drink anything.

Ban testosterone: that leads to sex crimes .

• Like 2

Looking through a website about this drug Alprazolam, which Xanax is a trade name of, Drugs.com & Wikipedia.

What would happen if you had been prescribed it, for example UK or USA, then you enter the Kingdom with it and the doctors prescription? As it would be illegal here, so would the prescription be your get out of gaol card?

Just a thought/question.

Edited by Psych01

JLY --- I'm probably "on" far less than you ! Try carefully reading my post and the post to which I replied. Perhaps you have heard the word "vice" somewhere in your travels,

Ic,seeing that I wrote the word wisely wrong which led to this.Sorry for my outburst at you wai2.gif .