Travel Company Scam Reported By American Couple At Pattaya Police Station

Rimmer

Travel Company Scam reported by American Couple at Pattaya Police Station

tour-2.jpg

PATTAYA:--An American Couple reported an alleged travel scam at Pattaya Police Station late on Sunday Night which relates to a trip to the Island of Koh Chang which, they claimed, never happened despite them newsjspaying for the trip at a local travel agency.

The complaint centered on the “World of Chang” Tour Company which is located in Soi Pattaya Park and is reportedly owned by Miss Natalia Aleynikova aged 54 from Russia.

Mr & Mrs Viac Akmetor, American Citizens originally from Latvia were in Pattaya with their Sister, Miss Svetlana Smite aged 66 from Latvia and on 28th January decided to book a 2 day trip to Koh Chang. They were quoted a price of 3,500 Baht each and paid over 10,500 Baht and were given a receipt.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/75203/travel-company-scam-reported-american-couple-pattaya-police-station/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-02-18

This is hardly newsworthy .......

Whether you consider it is newsworthy or not, if they don't publish these kinds of stories here how else are we going to learn about companies that we should avoid doing business with?

blink.png

Agreed. And they handed over more than 10,000 Baht for a trip that did not take place. Is that not sufficient reason to be newsworthy?

• Like 1

...............I have never heard or seen a Thai guilty business party mentioned so readily, though.....

..............so the law is only to protect Thais....Thai businesses.......or Thai criminals........

............100's of scams daily..........robberies......etc.......we only hear about this one.....and the name of the company......and owner in plain view...

• Like 2

Tourists doing business with Russians in Thailand?

How naive is that?

Well, they are originally from Latvia, they are used to being dominated by Russians. smile.png

just because they from Latvia it does not make them Latvians. A huge number of Russians live in Latvia.

Clearly they are fresh migrants to USA and their English ability has not developed, so they used agency which speaks their mother language, Russian.

Furthermore, agency did not sell them fake tours or something that does not exist.

Trip was rescheduled, as i said most likely to get more people on the bus, they have not asked for refund, agency has not closed the doors.

Just 2 stooges decided to file police report for no reason and claim scam, while nothing fraudelent took place.

"owned by Miss Natalia Aleynikova aged 54 from Russia".

Didn't know Russians, or any foreigner, could "own" a Tour Company in Thailand.

I knew this company and ms. Aleynikova too. And really there aren't some Thai people in company! They've tried to take several Thai men for work (as drivers, cleaners, cooks, waiters in own cafe). But they're wery sticky and Thai staff simply ran from them. They never like Thai people, like only russians. Last time I've seen sun of ms. Natalia who worked as driver of minibus and picked up group of tourists from hotels!!! All Thai staff ran from them.

"owned by Miss Natalia Aleynikova aged 54 from Russia".

Didn't know Russians, or any foreigner, could "own" a Tour Company in Thailand.

I knew this company and ms. Aleynikova too. And really there aren't some Thai people in company! They've tried to take several Thai men for work (as drivers, cleaners, cooks, waiters in own cafe). But they're wery sticky and Thai staff simply ran from them. They never like Thai people, like only russians. Last time I've seen sun of ms. Natalia who worked as driver of minibus and picked up group of tourists from hotels!!! All Thai staff ran from them.

Thai staff run from anywhere they are made to work which includes not speaking on the phone or chatting on computer during work hours

I seriously doubt you know this company as you claim, just as you have no idea what they tried and what the outcome was, unless of course you were one of those "staff" they tried and fired

Edited by lemoncake

Pattaya immigration must be turning a blind eye

Unfortunately russian companies always pay for Immigration and tourist police. And police "lock eyes". But they cannot pay to Bangkok Immigration and simply close all offices when police from Bongkok come to Pattaya.

I seriously doubt you know this company as you claim, just as you have no idea what they tried and what the outcome was, unless of course you were one of those "staff" they tried and fired

Ahahaha! Do you remember 1 year ago one man was arrested for illegal work with "World of Chang" Co. Ltd? And had 2 weeks of imprisonment? Yes or not? So, this man is me.

Ahahaha! Do you remember 1 year ago one man was arrested for illegal work with "World of Chang" Co. Ltd? And had 2 weeks of imprisonment? Yes or not? So, this man is me.

i see, so you are Russian then right? 2 week in jail and you were not deported? did you pay for your freedom yourself? or someone else bail you out?

and what did the company do so bad to you, but give you work?

oh but wait, you may not be Russian but.................. hmmmm, keep it comingw00t.gif

PS. NO i am sorry i do not remember, perhaps your arrest was not news worthy

Edited by lemoncake

Since they are from Latvia, they could very well be Russian, and definitely speak Russian, so what is the problem, if they deal with a Russian company?

It says in the headline "reported by an American Couple".

Since they are from Latvia, they could very well be Russian, and definitely speak Russian, so what is the problem, if they deal with a Russian company?

It says in the headline "reported by an American Couple".

and then reading the full OP helps, it also says they originated from Latvia, but now hold USA passports