A Flurry Of Activity As 3G Launch Looms: Thailand

webfact

I guess the MNP process is required in order to create a "new" account, which makes it easier to separate revenue streams from concessions and auctions, on which different sharing (~30% to the concession holder) and taxes (~ 7% to the NBTC) are paid. This is what TrueMove had to do with porting TrueMove H customers. It's not clear to me why they can't just transfer a customer's SIM/number/account within a single service provider, in this case AIS-->AWN? Maybe it's the Thai penchant for paperwork?

I assume TrueMove and TrueMove H customers would have to port to TrueMove H/2100 MHz/4G; and that DTAC customers will have to port to DTAC/Tri-Net.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Move H actually incorporates the 2100 and 850 frequencies. Users switching from True Move H will be able to use both the 2100 (Which is good for longer distances) and the 850 (which is good for penetrating buildings). Most of True's network is on the 850 because they had a 12 month or so head start - Thus, combined, True Move H has the largest nationwide 3G coverage by far. Their presentation claims that the combination of both 850 & 2100 frequencies will create better coverage and stronger signals.

*Edited, your right lower frequencies better for penetrating buildings, I got a bit confused there thanks.

Edited by jersey731