Russian Tourist Murdered At Pattaya Hotel

webfact

Russian murdered at Central Pattaya Hotel

dead-51.jpg

A Russian was found dead in a Central Pattaya Hotel on Tuesday afternoon and Police suspect he was murdered.

PATTAYA: -- Just after 5pm Police were called to an apartment complex in Soi Baukao and were directed to a 2nd floor room. Lying on the floor, close to the bed was the body of Mr. Andrei Komarov aged 39, an architect from St. Petersburg.

He was wearing only trousers but no shirt. Blood was coming from his eyes and nose and bruising was seen across his throat and on his left arm. Evidence of a struggle inside the room was also seen but it appears that nothing of value was taken.

A forensic doctor was called to the scene and determined Mr. Komarov had been dead for between 8 and 10 hours and the probable cause of death was strangulation, pending the results of a postmortem examination.

A belt, thought to have been used to strangle the victim, was seen on the dressing table and the buckle had been ripped off, possibly during a violent struggle. Blood stains were seen on the walls and across the floor.

Hotel Staff confirmed that Mr. Komarov had checked into the Hotel on 16th February and was due to check-out on 5th March, the day of his murder.

By late afternoon on Tuesday he had failed to check-out and a Hotel Porter was sent to the room. The front door was unlocked and the body of the occupant was seen by the Porter who decided not to enter the room and called the Police instead.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/77654/russian-murdered-central-pattaya-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-03-06

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another 'tourist' finding his demise in sin city. I guess it makes headlines... Lucky I suppose one of the bar fly's did not end up the same way. Who knows what went down, it's all speculation - could simply be he didn't pay for a girl and she returned with her Thai pimp/boyfriend who exacted revenge. Was there no balcony?

• Like 1

Another 'tourist' finding his demise in sin city. I guess it makes headlines... Lucky I suppose one of the bar fly's did not end up the same way. Who knows what went down, it's all speculation - could simply be he didn't pay for a girl and she returned with her Thai pimp/boyfriend who exacted revenge. Was there no balcony?

may be there was a balcony, but he was not drunk to "jump"

one thing in the OP i find little strange is that he was bleeding from eyes, strangled people do not bleed from eyes

• Like 2

Tourist ??? He sure did well to P somebody off well and good in the 3 weeks he was in Pattaya. From the dicription of the crime seen and injuries to the victim it doesn't fit into a local's MO. Can I have an eachway bet that the assailant is one of his own ?

you know local MO? is that from being TV expert or special school training?

Yes I do know local MO'S. And no to your other two questions . It just seems that I know a little more about this than you currently do.

Edited by coma
  • Like 1

Tourist ??? He sure did well to P somebody off well and good in the 3 weeks he was in Pattaya. From the dicription of the crime seen and injuries to the victim it doesn't fit into a local's MO. Can I have an eachway bet that the assailant is one of his own ?

Yes I do know local MO'S. And no to your other two questions . It just seems that I know a little more about this than you currently do.

Yep, yet another Thai Visa expertrolleyes.gif

You know more about this? so you were present at the time of murder?blink.png

• Like 1

one thing in the OP i find little strange is that he was bleeding from eyes, strangled people do not bleed from eyes

Wrong. If you are not up to speed with what you are talking about then a quick google search will surfice and you will learn that bloodshot eyes [ subconjunctival hemorrhages ] is one of the main syptoms of strangulation.

blood shot eyes not bleeding from the eyes. I guess you missed that class at special investigation school.

Blooshot eyes is bleeding from the eyes.

Yep, yet another Thai Visa expertrolleyes.gif

You know more about this? so you were present at the time of murder?blink.png

Get over it man.

• Like 1

Thai new paper report a little extra info that the OP ommits.

e.g Mr Komarov is a manager of an architect firm. In the room where the crime took place a soft drink bottle was found smashed, on the victims bed were lying several comdoms and collected as evidence. Some blood was found on the bed and pillows. Whilst the victim's moblie phone, credit cards and travel documentation where all found inside the room, the victims wallet was missing and no cash was found [standard procedure].

The staff at the hotel described Mr. Komarov as a man that goes out doing the usual Pattaya thing. Gets drunk and brings Thai female company back to his room. The staff also state that they have observed Mr Komarov. Outside of this the victim was also observed with both Thai and Forieners in his room during his stay.

Police believe the assailant to be a large individual at least as big as the victim. They have narrowed the motive for murder down to 3 possiblities. 1 : Fight/ argument with another party. 2 : robbery and 3 : Doing somebody's g/f.

Link containing this additinal info below is in Thai.

http://www.komchadluek.net/detail/20130306/153274/%E0%B8%86%E0%B9%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%81.%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8B%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A3.%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2.html

Edited by coma

I'll throw in my two theories for what theyre worth....

1. a typical cheap Russian who didnt pay a bar girl or katoey and was paid a visit by her boyfriend pimp

or strangled by the katoey.

2. an architect by profession ? building industry ? Thai property scam deals? where there is foreigners and Thai/ land there is big trouble.

Coincidentally, he was killed on the planned day of his departure after an almost 60 day stay. No mention of credit cards or bank atm cards. Murders like this in Thailand always give rise to monetary hustles and cons.

• Like 1

I'll throw in my two theories for what theyre worth....

1. a typical cheap Russian who didnt pay a bar girl or katoey and was paid a visit by her boyfriend pimp

or strangled by the katoey.

2. an architect by profession ? building industry ? Thai property scam deals? where there is foreigners and Thai/ land there is big trouble.

I am going for theory #1. The Russian likes women and got surprised by and added feature.

I have attended a few hanging suicides and you can bleed from the eyes. I am not saying all but I have seen a couple.

• Like 1

RIP for the guy ... but how come he did not take the magical dive so many tourists seem to have as a last event in their life, that could surely cover some of the bruises and cover it all up as : suicide ...

DNA, do police know of that in this country? might be usefull is there was a struggle, sure he killer left some dna, fingerprints, hair, nail ?

RIP for the guy ... but how come he did not take the magical dive so many tourists seem to have as a last event in their life, that could surely cover some of the bruises and cover it all up as : suicide ...

DNA, do police know of that in this country? might be usefull is there was a struggle, sure he killer left some dna, fingerprints, hair, nail ?

Every contact leaves a trace...

Considering that someone died and a few of you are bickering like school girls, it does make you look silly, about as silly as seeing grandfatherly westerners strolling the boardwalk in tourist police uniforms.

Its sad to see tourists coming here only to die for reasons other than natural causes.

Agreed but were his fingers in pies they shouldn't have been? Just a thought.

Considering that someone died and a few of you are bickering like school girls, it does make you look silly, about as silly as seeing grandfatherly westerners strolling the boardwalk in tourist police uniforms.

Its sad to see tourists coming here only to die for reasons other than natural causes.

And here we have PhilipCook making comments about the tourist walking street police in a thread about a murdered tourist. How sad is that.

Yes, gathering of crime scene DNA evidence is sometimes mentioned in media reports in Thailand