Dutchman Beaten By Thai Teens For No Apparent Reason

webfact

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting that this happened BUT being intoxicated surely didn't help things for the Dutchman. I for one have never been intoxicated more than about 4-5 times in my life and given how awful you feel afterwards will probably never drink like that again, indeed I only drink a few times a year on average. Also, every time I have drunk more than I should, I immediately went home (or to whatever my residence was at the time, including a hotel) and that avoided problems for me. I hope that this guy has learned a lesson to avoid a similar fate again next time, even if he claims he was bashed for no apparent reason.

There is more to this story , I dont believe teenagers just start beating a foreigner without a reason.

He must have done something wrong in the past....

I agree. He did something before and then the teens worked a methodical stake out. Knew his path patterns and waited for revenge. Looks like they got it. And to presuppose this guy (image) didn't fight back? Right. He fought back but got his tail handed to him on a plate. Or in a bowl.

MY HUSBANDS WORDS,QUOTE " six agianst one, A GUTTLES BUNCH OF BASTARDS

regardless if he did or did not do anything, a gang bashing one person is flat out gutless & PIS...weak!!!"

How can they sing the anthem we love peace but we are not cowards, say one thing and do another.

but this happens all over the world as well.

• Like 1

Anyway, I wouldn't bother catching those teens. I recall that university lecturer who recently beat 2 women on video got a 1,000 baht fine (500 per woman), so I assume these teens, if caught, will either have to pay 500 baht each, or perhaps just 500 in total as they only beat 1 guy?

• Like 2

Are these types of attacks getting more common??? Maybe there is some sort of anti farang ground swell among Thai teens... :-(

He does look like a bit of a scrapper, am surprised that there was not one or two teens laying next to him when the police showed up. Or maybe he bought into the Thai brainwashing of never fighting back, and how important it is to have a cool heart in Thailand.

Considering you handle/name.... a little surprised by your first couple of sentences! :D

• Like 1

Its not unheard of anywhere for bored teenagers to vandalise property, race bikes etc... its also not unheard of for bored teenagers to attack someone.

As such it could easily be a simple case of this guy being in the wrong place at the wrong time with a bunch of bored teenagers out on the prowl looking for a bit of trouble.

There were stories of something like this happening years ago where they rode past a westerner and hit him on the back of the head with a plank of wood...

Sometimes there simply is no reason regardless of how healthy the guy looks.

Just because someone doesn't have a beer gut, it doesn't mean he is a scrapper !! - Some of the comments so far defy intelligence !

Beenj in this same situation myself and I'm 68. Bought a new bike and my mate and i were riding back from a Sunday afternoon ride when 2 youngsters tied to push me off my bike. I stopped and they came back for me. My mate saw what was happening, turned around, and as soon as they saw i had backup they took off like a shot. Wonder what would have been my fate? Suppose i was looking for it or done something wrong in the past hey balo!

Its funny The comments The thai Police make!! The thing is This Type of thing is Happening all To often around Thailand!! The Powers to be dont have a Clue what to do To Solve it!!! I say Stop assuming its the Fearangs fahlt!! The powers to Be Want Tourist Money and then they make foolish Statements on Everything To do With tourists being Raped Beaten Robbed!! Get With the program Thailand!! the whole World is reading What you State in The Press!! Its Always the fereangs Fault!!

Its funny The comments The thai Police make!! The thing is This Type of thing is Happening all To often around Thailand!! The Powers to be dont have a Clue what to do To Solve it!!! I say Stop assuming its the Fearangs fahlt!! The powers to Be Want Tourist Money and then they make foolish Statements on Everything To do With tourists being Raped Beaten Robbed!! Get With the program Thailand!! the whole World is reading What you State in The Press!! Its Always the fereangs Fault!!

Ok Excuse My Spelling!! I meant Farang!!

I can see my friend; don't need to read minds for that. And I assume that what they do is what they want to do. Unless they are forced of course and THEN you are right.

lots of people don't act on things they want to do.

It's nonsense to say people do what they want. They do what they can get away with. Or at least what they think they can get away with.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

There are just to many foreigners that need to be taught some respect for these guys to go after an innocent bystander. He probably really does not know what he did but I would bet it was something along the lines of unnecessarily picking up and moving his waiter out of the way so he could get to his chair or quezzing the bar tenders hand and trying to pull him over the bar all the while with some dumb ass bad ass look on his face.

Besides if it was racial they would have stoned him or clubbed him. If they wanted money they would have robbed him. These guys wanted satisfaction.

• Like 1

He looks big for sure but if drunk your at a disadvantage, also many against one.. not good odds. I wonder what the reason is, if he says he did not provoce it and that is true then i really wonder why. Though we have random violence back home in the Netherlands.

As to Jurgen fun to see anti Dutch sentiment havent seen it before a new thing.

Have you EVER heard of a one on one fight here in the LOS? These two bit punks will only attack in a gang. Unless you are well schooled in the martial arts, what chance do you have against 5-10 punks? Will they ever show the courage to fight like men? Of course not. Do you know why? because they are not men. They are 13 year old boys, in the body of an adolescent, or a young man. It is a disguise. They only will fight in packs, since they do not have a single courageous bone in their body. Whether or not this attack was provoked is besides the point. Even if it was, one man, to one man. Mano a mano. Something the Thai punk kids do not believe in, and a risk they are unwilling to take.

I don't condone more guys on one but its quite normal al over the world. Back in the Netherlands you see it too im sure it happens in the UK too. Not many fair fights anyway.

But come on would you attack a guy a head bigger and 20-30 kg heavier then you all alone. I guess you would not most people would not. So those Thai guys would either not attack him or do it in groups. Nobody goes into a fight they can't win.

Just a fact of life there are almost no fair fights outside a ring, maybe long ago but i bet even then people used things to make fights more "equal".

I don't condone this but its not a Thai thing its happening all over the world.

• Like 2

There is a long pointless argument going on with neither side making any sense.

We do not know what happened. He could have provoked them or could have been a random act of violence.

Why not wait to hear more details before passing judgement on the Thai's or the victim?