Extradited Dane Beaten In Thai Prison

webfact

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This scumbag stole money from a brain damaged brother and cheated others over the internet and don’t have the guts to do his community service sentence. And now the su**er is complaining about the Thai prison? They should have kept him there for a loooong time. Instead he is residing comfortably in the Copenhagen Hilton:

20121122-prison-cell_web.jpg

This is a typical danish prison cell. "Sorry Sir, highspeed internet and microwave may take a week..."

Edited by TackyToo

According to the other thread by the guy who served time here, each cell has a long-term prisoner running it. Everything costs. If you have no money, you get the worst sleeping space maybe where the toilet overflows and the initial beating may well be in lieu of payment. Everything is hierarchically organised here, even the prison cells.

Seeing as how you are so conversant, please tell us what happens to the money ?

Four months, six months, etc. it looks like white collar crime really pays. Little deterrent. Same in the states, especially if you have a name like Jamie Dimon, or Lloyd Blankfein. These maggots are above the law. Why does this Danish scum have so cash, after ripping off so many people, including his brother? If you cannot even be a success at stealing, with the willingness to take from anyone who associates with you, what a waste of humanity. What a low standard. What a sorry soul. Cannot say my heart bleeds that the Thai thugs kicked his ass.

Mike Macarelli

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Serves him right. Broke fraud

You raise an interesting point, sir... Yes, they ought to enshrine beatings into law, so true justice gets done... I wonder why they don't? Any ideas? I'd also be keen to discuss the severity levels of beatings appropriate to the crime Likesay, if a fraudster gets punched in the face and kicked in the guts a few times, that would be about what he deserves, but a heavy boot to the skull causing medium level concussion - that should probably be reserved for more serious crimes, like rape and assault.

Of course, his cellmates would need to be informed of exactly his crime, so they can deliver the appropriate sentence. Then again, since they all committed crimes, I suppose they are up for beatings of their own as well... so they'd have to take turns beating each other up, which could get pretty complicated.

But it would "serve them right", wouldn't it?

You write very well. Logical also.

The only place I have heard of about legislated physical punishment is Singapour I believe. Caning.

When an american teen got sentenced to caning for vandalism, the american government got involved. Thought it was inhumane.

When the american people heard about this, they got very interested.... Some type of punishment that appeared to be a deterrent to committing crimes...

They liked it....

One individual who was sentenced to caning said...''If you had that once, you do not want it again...''

But it is controlled physical punishment....

and yet, 10 or more years later and the U.S. does not have caning.....so maybe it wasn't such a good idea

Serves him right. Broke fraud

You raise an interesting point, sir... Yes, they ought to enshrine beatings into law, so true justice gets done... I wonder why they don't? Any ideas? I'd also be keen to discuss the severity levels of beatings appropriate to the crime Likesay, if a fraudster gets punched in the face and kicked in the guts a few times, that would be about what he deserves, but a heavy boot to the skull causing medium level concussion - that should probably be reserved for more serious crimes, like rape and assault.

Of course, his cellmates would need to be informed of exactly his crime, so they can deliver the appropriate sentence. Then again, since they all committed crimes, I suppose they are up for beatings of their own as well... so they'd have to take turns beating each other up, which could get pretty complicated.

But it would "serve them right", wouldn't it?

Oh I'm sorry to have been so vague in clearness of my statements. Please excuse me, my dear sir.

Let me rephrase it for clearness sake : If I'd done the things he is reported to have done; I'd deserve a similar or harsher punishment for true justice to be served - of course only in my humble opinion.

I however bow my head to your hypothetical conclusion of the involved infrastructural consequences of said hypothesis.

I think the other Thai prisoners are being very unfair. Why would they assume him to have protection money, and then beat him for lack of money? I sort of presume that when you are processed into jail, you are relived of ALL personal items including money...

On a side note, this beating is probably great news for the Swedish teen who fled bail to go back home after being charged with murder. Strong case for his lawyer to argue that his client would face prison beatings if extradited back to Thailand. What morons running the prison system, you would think they would be more careful with high profile prisoners to avoid bad publicity...

Odd statement coming from a member with a map of the states.

Have you any idea of what goes on in some of your prisons.

Yes some of them are like country clubs but there are others you better find some protection.

Prisons around the world have horrer stories that most people would be shocked at.

Granted, but were you or any of TV's finest cheated by this guy ?...if you were then you have full right to call him anything you want...but all we are getting is comments from the hang en high brigade from who reside in the peanut gallery

but all we are getting is comments from the hang en high brigade

Jing na???

I have no problem with the hang em high philosophy if they are guilty.

But I sure have a problem with the Thai Visa posters who only express those feelings when they hear of it happening to a farong.

It happens to the Thai inmates also and some times worse.

What makes them feel that farongs in Thai prisons should be treated different than Thai prisoners.

If they were back in their own home country would they feel Thai prisoners should be given better conditions than the citizens of their own country?

This is the line in the original article that I found interesting: "After his arrest his Thai wife has been taking care of the children and the Danish Embassy will make sure that they are being cared for." Does this mean that the Danish government will support the wife and kids in Thailand while he is in a Danish jail? The US and British governments wouldn't give a hoot.

Recently a friend of mine found himself in hospital. He was in an all around bad way.

That included his social life (recent divorce) and financial situation and had decided to return to Denmark after 10 years. He had no reasons he could not go back.

When he found himself in the hospital with a stroke we contacted Lanna care here in Chiang Mai. They are an organization that helps expats not financially but they know all the different forms of papers to be filled out and where to get them and will do that they contact the Embassies for help if they have it available and visit the people in the hospital.

All in all a great volunteer free organization.

When they contacted the Danish embassy for my friend they were in effect told to <deleted>> off. So I am wondering what they are going to be doing for this fellows children.

Danish prison is probably looking pretty good by now

the sex there is voluntary

The story I got was that was not always true they some times used a broom handle to make it easier.

What ever that means

Happens all over the world.

According to the other thread by the guy who served time here, each cell has a long-term prisoner running it. Everything costs. If you have no money, you get the worst sleeping space maybe where the toilet overflows and the initial beating may well be in lieu of payment. Everything is hierarchically organised here, even the prison cells.

I talked to an Indian guy who was on a crew cleaning sewers in my neighborhood in Nonthaburi. He did not seem to mind the Thai Jail at all. They got out to go do work and those that had money actually ran into the small store and drank a few beers. I asked the staff that was overseeing them if I could buy them all lunch and he asked us too? Meaning the guards and I said of course. I got a neighbor who cooks food to make them all up plates and it cost me around 1100 Baht to feed all of the inmates working and the guards. I saw that some of the inmates had their wives and children come out to where they worked and have lunch with them too so it is not all beat downs unless you have money to spend. I am sure there are places you would get your butt kicked every day if you felt the need to run you mouth when you should shut up or if someone just wants to kick your butt because he does not like you but it seemed to me that the guys I talked to were not having it too bad for being locked up. They did something wrong to get there. Once in that situation you have to deal with the realities of where you are and where you fit into the new situation just as it is in life everywhere else. If you do not like to go to jail do not do things that may get you put in there. The guy this was posted about continued his bad ways even after being gifted with community service. he deserves to get his butt kicked for that if nothing else. Get a job and raise your kids right do not continue the behavior that got you in trouble in the first place. Peace all!

Only 40 baht? Corruption and fraud just don't pay the way they used to.

My thoughts as well. Surely an honest 9-5 would have been better than the life he's been living. I suspect that many criminals (not all) are criminals because of a lack of brain power that enables them to foresee the consequences of their actions. Still no sympathy from me for this guy but if he'd have fleeced thousands of people for millions of dollars he'd have walked away with a small fine. If he'd fleeced millions of people for billions of dollars he'd be the CEO of a bank.

Edited by saroq

Note he was in jail, not prison. Not saying none of the above applies but people are in jail temporarily and the conditions are rather different (and generally, at least in some respects, better) - unless we're talking about IDC (which is a whole other level - and the place that other thread discussed most, I believe).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

sad.pngsick.gif

Just another example of an inhumane prison system. The common prisons around here and other countries often reeducates inmates to become real crminals instead of resocialize them. Looking at some posts, how to treat people for their criminal offenses, makes me feel we have only angels and people with clean slates over here.wai2.gif

I'd say the self-righteous farang condemnation of Thais is a little lame. People on this message board make up their own "facts" as they go along and seem to have a big problem distinguishing fact from fiction in what they read.

You know what's at least as lame? People who consistently and obsessively make a knee-jerk unthinking and unconditional and irate defense to virtually ANY and all criticism of Thailand and Thais no matter how valid or fact based said criticism was, and even if the defense made is illogical or indefensible.

Have you noticed those?

• Like 2

I think the other Thai prisoners are being very unfair. Why would they assume him to have protection money, and then beat him for lack of money? I sort of presume that when you are processed into jail, you are relived of ALL personal items including money...

On a side note, this beating is probably great news for the Swedish teen who fled bail to go back home after being charged with murder. Strong case for his lawyer to argue that his client would face prison beatings if extradited back to Thailand. What morons running the prison system, you would think they would be more careful with high profile prisoners to avoid bad publicity...

Yes some of them are like country clubs but there are others you better find some protection.

Prisons around the world have horrer stories that most people would be shocked at.

Not odd at all. The discussion was about a prisoner who booked into the Thai prison system, relieved of all assets, and then beaten because he had no money.... Sort of a catch 22 if you will...

The American prison system , nor the Nigerian prison system, has no part of the story. And yes every American knows the horrors of prisoner life in America, with Bubba the large black man who will be your new best friend upon your arrival..... :-) Come to think of it, maybe Thai prisons are full of lady boys and gay men who would happily service new prisoners !!!!!

Edited by EyesWideOpen

I misread this and thought he had been extradited from Farangland to Thailand and then been beaten in jail. The upside to this kind of story is that it is unlikely western government with extradite to Thailand because the way Thai treat prisoners (human rights) - which given the way Thais make things up is probably just as well,

Many western prisons have the same violence.

Or far worse.

Not sure how relevant that is though...

Not odd at all. The discussion was about a prisoner who booked into the Thai prison system, relieved of all assets, and then beaten because he had no money.... Sort of a catch 22 if you will...

The American prison system , nor the Nigerian prison system, has no part of the story. And yes every American knows the horrors of prisoner life in America, with Bubba the large black man who will be your new best friend upon your arrival..... :-) Come to think of it, maybe Thai prisons are full of lady boys and gay men who would happily service new prisoners !!!!!

I did not go in to detail as I said most people would be shocked to hear the truth. Most of the prisoners leaving the prisons there because of death do not die from natural causes.