Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

"it's hamann's experience and older head around the players that we need, he was a great talker and mentor when he was a player at the club."

Lost the plot a bit now tho'......was rabbiting yesterday that Can should have received a Red for attempting an overhead kick at goalsad.png

oh aye didi's rubbish in the media and on twitter and that, but apparently as an actual influence over the players he's still well-respected. i dunno though, he's spent a good few years just drinking and smoking and reading the racing post now. think i wouldn't mind seeing someone like sami hyypia back as a defensive coach or something.

Certainly hasn't practiced his golf....got battered by bloody Scholes the other day! And yes, I've told him where he's going wronggiggle.gif

"It's not hard to see why they loved him for a while - he's like a walking kop banner.

1 - 'I always say a squad is like a good meal. I'm not a great cook, but a good meal takes a wee bit of time. But also, to offer a good meal, you need good ingredients.'

2 - 'I've always worked along with the statistic that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79 per cent chance of winning the game.

3 - 'When you've got the ball 65-70 per cent of the time, it's a football death for the other team. We're not at that stage yet, but that's what we will get to. It's death by football. You just suck the life out of them.'

4 - 'I use a quote with the players, "Per aspera ad astra", which is Latin for "through adversity to the stars".'

5 - 'I think there's three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.'

6 - 'I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings.'

7 - 'I've always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can't live for a second without hope.'

8 - 'It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes.'

9 - 'We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.'

10 - 'What I say to the players is this: "The crown is on your head, my friend. You are the king of your destiny".'

11 - 'I love to run on the streets around here. I love seeing the people going about their business. These are our people. I love running late in the afternoon, when the doors are open and the dinners are on, and you can smell the mince cooking…'

12 - 'I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless – to try and get Liverpool back on the map again as a successful football club.'

13 - 'My biggest mentor is myself because I've had to study, so that's been my biggest influence.'

14 - 'The problem with being a manager is it's like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.'

15 - 'If you give a bad player time, he can play. If you give a good player time, he can kill you.'

16 - 'I believe a young man will run through a barbed-wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.'

17 - 'When we lost at Stoke last season I got home on Boxing Day night and family and guests were all around the house. I went straight upstairs to my room and didn't come out.'

18 - 'If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league.'

19 - 'You train dogs. I like to educate players.'

20 - On Joe Allen: 'He's the Welsh Xavi' "

• Like 1

Without any trace of dislike of Liverpool FC (honest) and knowing that I will forever be in some people's black books:

I thought that Klopp went on sabbatical so that his next move would be to one of the really big clubs - like top 5 in Europe. From his perspective the Liverpool job looks like a career mistake to me.

Without any trace of dislike of Liverpool FC (honest) and knowing that I will forever be in some people's black books:

I thought that Klopp went on sabbatical so that his next move would be to one of the really big clubs - like top 5 in Europe. From his perspective the Liverpool job looks like a career mistake to me.

Maybe he realises that one of the top five in Europe don't want him..

Can't think of many of the big clubs that are in the market right now. Top three clubs in Spain ? No. Bayern ? No. Juve ? No. PSG ? No. Other big clubs aren't big anymore. Milan are horrible. Portugal ? Out of the question.

Not so many big clubs to pick from. Liverpool do have the pedigree and worldwide exposure.

• Like 2

Just seen Beeb report that Klopp told a German journo a couple of weeks ago that he wanted as his next move a team that is not at the very top and requires a bit of building up.

Perfect for Liverpool then.

Can't think of many of the big clubs that are in the market right now. Top three clubs in Spain ? No. Bayern ? No. Juve ? No. PSG ? No. Other big clubs aren't big anymore. Milan are horrible. Portugal ? Out of the question.

Not so many big clubs to pick from. Liverpool do have the pedigree and worldwide exposure.

yeah even without champions league football it's still one of about the top 8 managerial jobs there are. and klopp seems to like a project, which we are. with a pretty alright squad in place too.

whether the owners are set up to deliver success is another matter though.

• Like 1

is stan boardman still alive?

He gave a interview to the echo last May aged 77

He never forgave the Germans for bombing the chipies

I liked the one were the old one is listening to the wireless when she heard the news that the Germans had

overrun Tobruk.

She screamed " them dirty squareheads our Maggie lives in Tuebrook"

brendan rodgers has got out of the country to have himself a nice little break in spain away from it all. i don't blame him at all. and of course that appalling bunch of <deleted> the daily mail has sent a 'reporter' and photographer out there to follow him around. i hope none of the alright sorts on this forum read that vile rag i really do.

• Like 1

i hope this works and you can see this.

because i want this man in as manager right now.

Apparently should be a done deal by Friday. What exciting times for Liverpool. I thought he was destined for us, as much as Pelle is a likeable chap, there's just something missing from his management style that I think Klopp possesses.

Apparently should be a done deal by Friday. What exciting times for Liverpool. I thought he was destined for us, as much as Pelle is a likeable chap, there's just something missing from his management style that I think Klopp possesses.

oh i'm delighted mate, he's absolutely the best manager we could have got and he's exactly the type and style of manager we need.

hats off to the owners in this instance, they've (finally) played a blinder here.

• Like 2

oh i'm delighted mate, he's absolutely the best manager we could have got and he's exactly the type and style of manager we need.

hats off to the owners in this instance, they've (finally) played a blinder here.

This is going to a one mad ride ! !

I didn't think FSG had the ambition to be honest, really hope this pans out.

I have no doubts Klopp will deliver if given support and time.

Let's see what a quality manager can do with your undoubtedly talented squad.

From what i saw of klopps teams more or less he Plays the complete opposite style to what rodgers wanted so could well take klopp a while to sort it out.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Let's see what a quality manager can do with your undoubtedly talented squad.

From what i saw of klopps teams more or less he Plays the complete opposite style to what rodgers wanted so could well take klopp a while to sort it out.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Let's hope it takes a couple of weeks at least heh heh..