Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Looks nice but very similar to the season before lasts away kit.

I cant see them releasing another shirt this season, wont they use last season 3rd strip for another season.

Last year they released 3 shirts, Red Home, Grey Away & Green 3rd strip.

This season, the New Black away kit and this will be the 5th kit in two years.

Gonna be another expensive summer for daddy getting the kits for the kids. New England home strip on order aswell, might even get one for myself.

Looks nice but very similar to the season before lasts away kit.

I cant see them releasing another shirt this season, wont they use last season 3rd strip for another season.

Last year they released 3 shirts, Red Home, Grey Away & Green 3rd strip.

This season, the New Black away kit and this will be the 5th kit in two years.

Gonna be another expensive summer for daddy getting the kits for the kids. New England home strip on order aswell, might even get one for myself.

you bring up an interesting discussion. in the US, our sports teams refrain from changing jerseys because they fear the fans will a) reject new designs and :D argue that we shouldn't be expected to spend money to re-brand as our team re-brands.

in football (world football, that is), jerseys are changed almost yearly and certainly every 2 years. i typically buy legitimate kits (because i like longsleeve like my by Fernando wears) but when it comes to these one season third jerseys? pratunam it is. and i have no shame in that. i'm not interested in spend $80 every year on the new design, but i do enjoy being updated :)

yeah, teams definitely change kits to often these days. always used to be minimum two seasons per shirt but then they realised all the revenues they were missing out on.

i'd rather that white one was our second kit to be honest, not keen on the black one.

I read on LFCglobe that Liverpool have accepted a 5 million pound bid for Arbeloa. Not sure I trust that site, however.

Also, unbelievably Aurelio apparently injured his knee while playing football in his garden with his kids, so Dossena may stay, at least until January, and share time with Insua, although in my book Insua is first choice. My goodness man, can't even stay fit when he's on holiday. Give that man a new knee. <deleted>.

Alonso rumors are increasing. I'm crossing my fingers...I laugh at the Masch rumors as there is no chance in hel_l he'll go but I remain unconvinced about Alonso.

Edited by Jimjim

We have sold Leto for 3 m, every little counts I suppose.

By the way never understood the work permit situation with foreign footballers. How can a professional footballer be denied a work permit in the UK who has signed for a EPL club?

By the way never understood the work permit situation with foreign footballers. How can a professional footballer be denied a work permit in the UK who has signed for a EPL club?

he has to have played a certain number of times for his country to qualify for one dev. essentially employment law i think, i.e. is this person qualified enough to do a particular job that a uk citizen could otherwise do. in a footballer's case are they better than the equivalent british footballer. there aren't many get turned down in fairness these days though.

he has to have played a certain number of times for his country to qualify for one dev. essentially employment law i think, i.e. is this person qualified enough to do a particular job that a uk citizen could otherwise do. in a footballer's case are they better than the equivalent british footballer. there aren't many get turned down in fairness these days though.

Ah ok, cheers Stevie.

i think we're about to sign david silva from valencia.

Really! that's fantastic news. I know a lot of clubs are after him. Cant imagine the price for him at the moment. Hope we get him anyway, that's another good signing for us Johnson and now Silva things are looking good. Wonder who that back up striker is we so obviously need to sign?

I think Silva was first choice for most fans also so wont be to many complaints.

We must keep onto Alonso and Masch at all costs, Whats do you all make of all the stuff in the press about them both going.

The press says a lot of <deleted> with no proof to back it up. Using phrases like "it's thought" and "many feel" is not reporting, it's guessing. I think Masch will stay, no doubt. I think Alonso is 50/50 at this point. I think both would be mad to leave, but Alonso's actual quotes show he's much more keen on moving to Spain than Masch.

Obviously I would love to see Alonso stay but if he is half hearted then he should go.

Has he came out and said he definately wants to stay?

We need the players to adopt the same attitude what Torres has at the moment.

Looks like Arbeloa may not move to Madrid after all. At the moment at least, although Liverpool have accepted the bid, he has not come to agreement with Real over wages and talks have stalled. Anyway, who knows.

Rafa talked in the last day or two about giving reserves a chance this summer. He mentioned Daniel Pacheco, Mikel San Jose and Daniel Ayala as those players were with the first team for practice Monday as were Hungarian duo Krisztian Nemeth and Peter Gulacsi, and Martin Kelly. Where's Spearing and Darby?

Edit: This article in the Echo says that Spearing and Derby are already now firmly established in the first team setup so it's about giving others a chance to break through. So, according to that, we shall see more of Darby and Spearing this year. Assuming no midfielders leave, perhaps Spearing can push Lucas for the 3rd choice position in the midfield.

Edited by Jimjim

i've not heard of us accepting a bid for arbeloa jim? where's that from?

really pleased with the way rafa's bringing the kids along and kenny's only going to help that too. nemeth and pacheco are both fantastic talents and i'm looking forward to seeing a lot more of insua this season too.

six months. he's appallingly injury-prone, poor lad. hopefully it means more games for insua though.

Good news on Aurelio

Benitez confirmed Fabio Aurelio will be out for a maximum of two months with a knee injury sustained over the summer, though the boss is hopeful of having the left-back available within a month.

LFC TV

Edited by Devil

our new boy is saying all the right things:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...090709-1150.htm

Glen Johnson today revealed how Liverpool's reputation in world football meant no other club could compete for his signature.

The right-back was the subject of reported interest from other teams - but claims there was no contest once Rafa Benitez offered him the chance to join 'one of the biggest clubs in the world'.

"I had a spell at Chelsea before and there were good and bad times but when a club like Liverpool comes in for you it is not a hard decision," Johnson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"It's a fantastic club - one of the biggest in the world. It's got a great history and I wanted to be a part of that.

"The hairs on the back of your neck stand up when you come to Anfield and hear You'll Never Walk Alone even when you don't play for Liverpool, so I cannot begin to imagine how it is going to feel when I put the kit on for the first time."

Johnson will be unveiled to the world's media on Thursday afternoon where he will reveal how his top priority in a Liverpool shirt will be helping the club win a first league title since 1990.

"We've got some fantastic players and I wanted to come here and help Liverpool win the league," added the 24-year-old.

"The boys did fantastically well last year. Hopefully we can now get a few more points and steal it from Manchester United.

"We want to go as far as we can in every competition but all the lads want to win the Premier League and that would be a great start."

Johnson was voted the Premier League's best right-back by the PFA last term but the England man insists there is even more to come.

"I can definitely improve - every player can. I want to improve every aspect of my game," he said.

"Rafa has told me he wants more of the same form I showed last year, but he also wants me to improve. We will be working hard together to do that.

"I am here to do my best."

Johnson reported to training at Melwood for the first time on Wednesday where he was introduced to his new teammates.

"Yesterday was my first day and all the lads and staff made me feel really welcome, so it's good times," he said.

"I knew Stevie and Carra from before but yesterday I met about 60 players! I was shaking the same hands about four times introducing myself! It's a lot to take in at once, and obviously the lads were messing about and laughing about that. But everyone's made me feel really welcome and it's great to be here."

Johnson also revealed how he spoke with former Reds Peter Crouch and Jermaine Pennant - both of whom he played alongside at Portsmouth last term - before signing at Anfield.

"Peter and Jermaine said it's a fantastic club but they didn't need to say that - I knew. They told me I'd enjoy every minute of it," he said.

The big transfer news early on Friday morning is that Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery could be on his way to Liverpool. Bookmakers have slashed the odds on Ribery heading to Anfield, with the France international previously having said he would either join Real Madrid or stay at Bayern.

(SkySports.Com Fridays Transfer Clockwatch)

This could get interesting. I just cant see it though, Munich have been quoting figures of 50, 60 million!