Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

If he's so good how come most other fans want him as first name on the teamsheet when we play you? thumbsup.gif

i'll have a bet that if you did a survey where you asked which city player would you like to be first name on the teamsheet 99% of people would respond 'savic'. or as he now appears to be known 'the hapless savic'.

biggrin.png One of the few things I remember from Anfield Road Juniors---never pass it across your own goal in the goal area (well we were 7 year olds at the time) get rid of it, get it away.

there's nothing quite like 20 pressups in the cold rain and mud to make you not do it again though eh?

Fair point about savic but i didn't think he was on City's books anymore

Joe Allen's far better than I thought he was.

Mind you I know we have a ton of midfielders and now with Sahin too (!), but I did trust Rodgers really knew what he was doing going after him and I did know he's very good in possession. But watching him these last couple games, man he's amazing on the ball. Not the guy who's gonna score the goals or always supply the killer pass, but he keeps the team ticking and in that sense reminds me of Alonso. Not exactly the same kind of player or of course stature but he's so assured in possession and when you see him with the ball you relax as you know he's highly unlikely to give it away. Of course he's not perfect and gave a short back pass to Reina at one point.

But anyway, class player and as he's easily one of our best 3 midfielders, I see now why we got him.

That Liverpool fan who was going on and on about us not needing him, sorry I think you're eating your words now, mate. Not to rub it in your face, but this player is definitely what we need. He's improved our quality in midfield without a doubt, and frankly that is what we "need."

That and with Allen and Sahin, we now have great competition for places in that 3-man midfield and I think that's good for us. But with 8 central midfielders now in the squad I can see Spearing/Adam leaving on loan or even permanently. One or both. Think they may be the furthest down the pecking order.

• Like 1

Because he is Mancini's golden boy and the city faithful think he is a character laugh.png a fruitcake has character!

You must have a short memory as it was Mario who was instrumental in turning the game around against QPR. You know, that game that decided we were Champions.

Long may you think that Bertie. we gave it to you wink.png

If you think giving it to us was by us totally embarrassing you at your gaff last season, long may you think that RAG wink.png

United didn't give City the title. City should have walked it last season, they nearly gave it to United.

Anyway back on topic. Yesterday's display was encouraging from a Liverpool perspective and if we can off load a couple more and bring in one more striker this week, I think we will be in the running for top 4. Barring too many injuries.

Mind you I know we have a ton of midfielders and now with Sahin too (!), but I did trust Rodgers really knew what he was doing going after him and I did know he's very good in possession. But watching him these last couple games, man he's amazing on the ball. Not the guy who's gonna score the goals or always supply the killer pass, but he keeps the team ticking and in that sense reminds me of Alonso. Not exactly the same kind of player or of course stature but he's so assured in possession and when you see him with the ball you relax as you know he's highly unlikely to give it away. Of course he's not perfect and gave a short back pass to Reina at one point.

But anyway, class player and as he's easily one of our best 3 midfielders, I see now why we got him.

That Liverpool fan who was going on and on about us not needing him, sorry I think you're eating your words now, mate. Not to rub it in your face, but this player is definitely what we need. He's improved our quality in midfield without a doubt, and frankly that is what we "need."

That and with Allen and Sahin, we now have great competition for places in that 3-man midfield and I think that's good for us. But with 8 central midfielders now in the squad I can see Spearing/Adam leaving on loan or even permanently. One or both. Think they may be the furthest down the pecking order.

allen had an excellent game yesterday and really looks a top midfielder doesn't he?

also telling yesterday that when we lost lucas after two minutes it was shelvey that the manager trusted as his fourth central midfielder - not charlie adam, not henderson, not spearing, all much more experienced than jonjo.

• Like 1

allen had an excellent game yesterday and really looks a top midfielder doesn't he?

also telling yesterday that when we lost lucas after two minutes it was shelvey that the manager trusted as his fourth central midfielder - not charlie adam, not henderson, not spearing, all much more experienced than jonjo.

the kid Allen is a delight to watch on the ball and 20 year old Jonjo did a brilliant job stepping up. I don't see a future for Adam or Spearing, I hope we can offload. Hendo maybe some more time to develop under Rodgers?

the kid Allen is a delight to watch on the ball and 20 year old Jonjo did a brilliant job stepping up. I don't see a future for Adam or Spearing, I hope we can offload. Hendo maybe some more time to develop under Rodgers?

think henderson is ideal for rodgers' pass and move football to be honest, but he's going to have to be content with being fourth or fifth choice for now. think spearing will be off this week and if we can ship adam to someone we will. they just won't feature.

• Like 1

think henderson is ideal for rodgers' pass and move football to be honest, but he's going to have to be content with being fourth or fifth choice for now. think spearing will be off this week and if we can ship adam to someone we will. they just won't feature.

Hendo had a good game against Hearts, played some very nice passes through to Borini to run on to but he still goes missing for periods of the game and his head goes down when he makes a bad pass - another confidence player. Shelvey seems a much stronger player mentally and physically and he has impressed me at the rate he is improving out of the two.

Any chance we will see this Oussama Assaidi get a run out in the Europa or is he cup tied until the group stages?

Edited by Devil

Hendo had a good game against Hearts, played some very nice passes through to Borini to run on to but he still goes missing for periods of the game and his head goes down when he makes a bad pass - another confidence player. Shelvey seems a much stronger player mentally and physically and he has impressed me at the rate he is improving out of the two.

Any chance we will see this Oussama Assaidi get a run out in the Europa or is he cup tied until the group stages?

not sure, he's eligible as far as i know.

Because he is Mancini's golden boy and the city faithful think he is a character laugh.png a fruitcake has character!

You must have a short memory as it was Mario who was instrumental in turning the game around against QPR. You know, that game that decided we were Champions.

There were games when Balotelli was sensational. Wembley he was man of the match, and made the goal. Like you say, made the goal that made it 3-2 against QPR.

Yesterday was his first start..... he is not as fit as most of the players due to his late arrival from the Euros (where he almost won the Golden Boot)whistling.gif .

You will see him make important contributions this year, I am sure

There were games when Balotelli was sensational. Wembley he was man of the match, and made the goal. Like you say, made the goal that made it 3-2 against QPR.

Yesterday was his first start..... he is not as fit as most of the players due to his late arrival from the Euros (where he almost won the Golden Boot)whistling.gif .

You will see him make important contributions this year, I am sure

This was his best contribution yesterday clap2.gif

post-102811-0-13768200-1346071288_thumb.

Edited by BangrakBob

The Carroll rumours won't go away - Newcastle news saying a 16 M bid.

So if he were to go could we bring in any decent options?

I think Dempsey is a "decent" option and I guess that deal is done pending us getting cash from Carroll sale.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I think Dempsey is a "decent" option and I guess that deal is done pending us getting cash from Carroll sale.

Dempsey could be on his way to sunderland according to latest rumours

I know the deal for Sinclair to go to City is very close just surprised that Rodgers has not got him in at Liverpool,maybe there is some reasoning why he has not attempted to gazump City but surely Sinclair is/was an important part od how Rodgers sets his teams up.

Who else do you have on the right side who could do the same up and down job as he does?

I know the deal for Sinclair to go to City is very close just surprised that Rodgers has not got him in at Liverpool,maybe there is some reasoning why he has not attempted to gazump City but surely Sinclair is/was an important part od how Rodgers sets his teams up.

Who else do you have on the right side who could do the same up and down job as he does?

sinclair plays on the left. dyer player on the right.

assume rodgers thinks that sterling and assaidi and downing are enough for there for now. borini can play there too. not to mention that we wouldn't match city's wages for sinclair to warm their bench.

sinclair plays on the left. dyer player on the right.

assume rodgers thinks that sterling and assaidi and downing are enough for there for now. borini can play there too. not to mention that we wouldn't match city's wages for sinclair to warm their bench.

That's why then! for some reason i thought he played on the right.

Dempsey could be on his way to sunderland according to latest rumours

Hope that's true. The only reason we would be going for Dempsey is to sell some extra shirts in the US and Tom Werner practically admitted that not too long ago.

As for yesterday I was happy enough except for the clanger at the end. Joe Allen MOM for me, he's the player we have been missing for years. I think 14mil will turn out to be a bargain for us. His pass completion rate yesterday was something like 93%.

• Like 1

not sure, he's eligible as far as i know.

Nope, he's cup tied until the group stages. He played part of one match with Heerenveen in the 3rd qualifying round. They started at the same stage as Liverpool.

Hope that's true. The only reason we would be going for Dempsey is to sell some extra shirts in the US and Tom Werner practically admitted that not too long ago.

i actually think dempsey would give us something we are lacking, and that's a finisher. long as we didn't overpay for him i think he'd be a decent addition.

Nope, he's cup tied until the group stages. He played part of one match with Heerenveen in the 3rd qualifying round. They started at the same stage as Liverpool.

ah ok. not that big a thing i guess.

bad news about lucas though. could be up to two months out. bugger.

Looks like Spearing to Bolton for 3 million quid and apparently we've secured Afellay on loan, Milan in for Carroll loan deal.

I'm on twitter feed like a crack addict here every hour crazy.gif

Carroll loan rumour could spark Newcastle action, African Nation's Cup this year, both main strikers will be out.

Info coming out of KopWatch, pretty reliable so far.

In that case, they must have been told and coached to play crap.

Of course the team and the players are affected by the way that they are managed, but come on, if we were having a discussion on how woeful Rooney has been for England i don't think you'd be sitting there wasting much time defending him. He has played crap, just as Gerrard has too. Do you really think it necessary to baby these guys?

i'm not 'babying' anyone. just saying that england have, for the past 10 years and more, had a habit of playing players in roles they don't play for their clubs - and then people are surprised when the players don't perform as effectively in an england shirt as they do for their clubs. that's just bad management. when it became clear that rooney and gerrard were both at their most effective as second strikers england should have built a 4-2-3-1 system which looked to get them two on the ball as often as possible in the 3 off the lone striker. but various managers continued to play flat 4-4-2s with gerrard in a centre mid two and rooney too far forward. that is them being told and coached to play crap. and then when it was crap during matches successive england managers still didn't change things. ferguson, wenger, benitez, mourinho - all would have had england performing to a much higher level given the players available in the past decade.

I completely agree that there have been failings in England's management that have contributed significantly to the way England has under-performed, but i disagree that the problem hasn't also been to do with the players as individuals failing to perform in the way that they can.

And on the one hand, when discussing how well Gerrard performed at the last Euros, you dismiss the idea that his good performance had anything to do with the manager, who gets no credit, and gush all your compliments on the player, who, to paraphrase, ingeniously used all his intelligence and skill adapting himself in position he is not best suited to... but then when we go on to discuss every other England tournament in which Gerrard has failed to offer much in the way of anything to the team, then it is everything to do with the manager; all the managers fault for not playing him in the exact way he likes to play.

Kind of feels like a tails Gerrard wins, heads the England manager loses situation going on here. Not saying that Gerrard takes all the blame for the way he has performed for England - no more than other England players do for the way they too have played poorly - but come on, for goodness sake, he has to take some.

Bringing this discussion a little more up-to-date and relevant to the thread, against City Gerrard seemed to be playing the holding mid-fielder role and he seemed very quiet. Much better than the head drop performance we saw against West Brom, but that was rather a low bar to jump over. Do i take it this slow start to the season for Gerrard is all because the manager is a "clown" and not getting the best out of him?

Looks like Spearing to Bolton for 3 million quid and apparently we've secured Afellay on loan, Milan in for Carroll loan deal.

I'm on twitter feed like a crack addict here every hour crazy.gif

Carroll loan rumour could spark Newcastle action, African Nation's Cup this year, both main strikers will be out.

Info coming out of KopWatch, pretty reliable so far.

Nothing but rumors on twitter! Remember "twitter" kept saying we'd signed Gaston Ramirez which has been nonsense all summer. It was the previous regime that wanted him, not Rodgers.

Spearing may go to Bolton, yeah. I think Affelay will not come as I read it was him as first choice and when he said he didn't want to come, we went for our second choice which was Assaidi. I don't think Carroll will go to Milan, either, and they have denied it. Could still see him going to Newcastle or possibly even West Ham but I know he really wants to stay.

Appears a few clubs are interested in Adam and if he and/or Spearing go, or both, we will probably try to get Dempsey on the last day. Also, if Carroll truly does go we may bid for Walcott, though it appears he's come to sort of agreement to not sign a new contract but to not leave Arsenal until at least January, either.

Of course, all are rumors until proven otherwise.

Lucas out for at least two months, now. What a blow. But at least we have Sahin now in and Allen, of course. Will give Henderson more of a chance to get in some games, now, too. I wonder if we'll only let one of Adam or Spearing to leave in order to have a backup for each first choice midfielder (since we play with 3, now) while Lucas is out.