Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I quite like him except for his overt Liverpool BIAS!

he's anti-liverpool. a preston supporter who gets abuse from liverpool supporters every time he sets foot in the city these days. hugely unpopular and frankly horrible man he is.

I don't think he necessarily horrible. from what i've seem he's just a tit that happened to be a very good footballer.

he's snide and sneery. and also an appalling pundit - his job is supposed to be to inform and educate with that expert knowledge developed as a top pro player. instead he always sounds like he doesn't actually want to be there commenting on matches, something most fans would give their right arms to be paid to do.

galls me to say it but when you see how good gary neville is on sky the bbc's roster of pundits and 'analysts' is just a bad joke.

I quite like him except for his overt Liverpool BIAS!

he's anti-liverpool. a preston supporter who gets abuse from liverpool supporters every time he sets foot in the city these days. hugely unpopular and frankly horrible man he is.

I don't think he necessarily horrible. from what i've seem he's just a tit that happened to be a very good footballer.

he's snide and sneery. and also an appalling pundit - his job is supposed to be to inform and educate with that expert knowledge developed as a top pro player. instead he always sounds like he doesn't actually want to be there commenting on matches, something most fans would give their right arms to be paid to do.

galls me to say it but when you see how good gary neville is on sky the bbc's roster of pundits and 'analysts' is just a bad joke.

Im with you on Lawrenson Stevie. Craig Burley is another one who seems more intent on sneering and establishing his own ego than professional commentary, though I respect his reading of the game a bit more than Lawrensons.

Neville doesn't have a good voice for TV but he's streets ahead on the perception, analysis and commenting with obvious experience, intelligently applied. He's streets ahead of the other support commentators, many of whom simply seem to be there to fill voids with descriptions of the <deleted> obvious. "x comes in from the right, gets up early above the defence and its a brilliant goal".

I guess most of them are there to pander to the type of 12 yo football watchers who are wont to send in Tweets like "Big-up Man U/Arsenal/whoever. Champions of the world".

Edited by SantiSuk

I love my club and most of the supporters I meet, this thing with Halsey disgusts me. My own father died of cancer and to wish it on somebody who has given a decision against your club is pathetic. I hope the club and supporters clubs as well as any Liverpool forum sends him an apology. We need to distance ourselves from these morons and anybody who knows who they are need to kick them up the arse. Our supporters are rapidly becoming labeled in all the wrong ways

don't give them the oxygen of publicity. it's one or two dickheads out of hundreds of thousands and twitter just magnifies something that in the past was utterly irrelevant. they're not representative of the club or its fans, they're just attention-seeking <deleted>.

• Like 2

I'm not going to comment on the comments made towards the ref as twy require no comment. But I will say I think he got some decisions wrong and when you look at that and the 2 disallowed goals in the Everton Newcastle game I think it's about time some sort of ref panel was put together to evaluate match performances. Anyone making stupid decisions in big games gets bumped down ect... There needs to be some level of standard here. Of all the European nations when you look around and compare them to refs over here it really looks like they are ruining the game.

Aside from that I think we all knew when the fixture list was announced that it would be a tough start but we the next 5 games look promising in the way of picking up points. Previously we would play well against a big side and fall apart against a small one. WBA game aside I hope that won't be a recurring theme but ill say that I think if we play as well as we did on Sunday then we should climb the table.

We are lacking a goal scorer so that's my main concern plus Agger out too. Does Rogers risk Coates or bring in Carra? I'd go with Coates tbh give the lad a chance.

Final point I'm glad we are starting to use the youngsters more. Sterling is going from strength to strength and Suso didn't look out of place either. I'm also really excited about how well Jonjo is coming along. Ok he went in a bit strong. Stevie used to make the same red card tackles when he was young, in the big games too.

Overall I like the way the team is shaping up the and the style Rogers is trying to implement. Really wish the owners would have done more to back him in the window though. God knows where we will end up if Suarez picks up a knock.

• Like 1

My battery died when posting this morning

biggrin.png

Pressure is on your lot now....a bad start with difficult games....you've got to start winning the easier ones or the manager will be facing tough questions.

In my opinion that would be unfair as you're playing some good football. Just musing as you probably noticed! biggrin.png

My battery died when posting this morning

biggrin.png

Pressure is on your lot now....a bad start with difficult games....you've got to start winning the easier ones or the manager will be facing tough questions.

In my opinion that would be unfair as you're playing some good football. Just musing as you probably noticed! biggrin.png

As a football fan Smokie, I cannot disagree with you. At the end of the day it is about points, and the boss can only talk so much with only 2 points, they'd better make it 8 in the next 2. Good football or not the off with his head brigade will be out for sure if they don't.1zgarz5.gif

Didn't Dalglish do this also........rolleyes.gif

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has contacted referees' chief Mike Riley to express his frustration at officials' performance this season.

Rodgers was angered by a series of decisions in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United on Sunday.

Continue reading the main story

We would hope we would get better decisions over the next few weeks”

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers

He was also upset at the treatment his players received in the 2-1 Capital One Cup win at West Brom.

"I rang Mike Riley [on Thursday] morning. I think he was expecting me to call him a bit earlier," Rodgers said.

"Us being a sporting team, and going by the letter of the law, decisions seem to pass us by. We've had a few sendings-off, a few penalties given against us and absolutely nothing we've been given at all.

"We would hope we would get better decisions over the next few weeks."

Liverpool, who have claimed two points from their first five games in the Premier League, face Norwich at Carrow Road on Saturday followed by a Europa League Group A home game against Udinese on Thursday and a home league game against Stoke on 7 October.

Edited by MrRed

Didn't Dalglish do this also........rolleyes.gif

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has contacted referees' chief Mike Riley to express his frustration at officials' performance this season.

Rodgers was angered by a series of decisions in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United on Sunday.

Continue reading the main story

We would hope we would get better decisions over the next few weeks”

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers

He was also upset at the treatment his players received in the 2-1 Capital One Cup win at West Brom.

"I rang Mike Riley [on Thursday] morning. I think he was expecting me to call him a bit earlier," Rodgers said.

"Us being a sporting team, and going by the letter of the law, decisions seem to pass us by. We've had a few sendings-off, a few penalties given against us and absolutely nothing we've been given at all.

"We would hope we would get better decisions over the next few weeks."

Liverpool, who have claimed two points from their first five games in the Premier League, face Norwich at Carrow Road on Saturday followed by a Europa League Group A home game against Udinese on Thursday and a home league game against Stoke on 7 October.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/27/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-luis-suarez

I thought King Kenny was good comedy value but King Brenny looks like just as much fun, fits in well at Liverpool, always the victims never there fault mentality.

Ha Ha Ha and to say out in public that they might start cheating to get decisions and the have Suarez in the team, what a tit.clap2.gif

• Like 1

always the victims never there fault mentality.

oh after recent events you're still one of them are you? well done.

Yes that song was started about Suarez and Evra affair so very apt to say that, but you lot twist it to mean about other events to suit your cause.

I think Rodgers' recent comments are ill advised. I also don't think they will help the team. The poor performance by halsey last weekend was there for all to see without him making childish comments. He'd be better off having a ref rant on here like i do!

always the victims never there fault mentality.

oh after recent events you're still one of them are you? well done.

Yes that song was started about Suarez and Evra affair so very apt to say that, but you lot twist it to mean about other events to suit your cause.

no it wasn't. it's a hillsborough song and has been around for years. and you're either on a particularly clumsy wind-up or patently thick.

• Like 2

I think Rodgers' recent comments are ill advised. I also don't think they will help the team.

Oh I don't know Carmine, It's probably Brendan Rogers way of getting the most out of Suarez.........he's worked out Suarez' best position would be as a diving cheating coach.whistling.gifwhistling.gif

You know, there has a lot been said about Suarez being a cheat. I dont think he is.

I call a cheat someone who deliberately goes to ground with NO contact, or trips up when the nearest leg is a yard away. Suarez doesnt do that.

What Suarez does is go down theatrically as if he has been hit by a 10 ton truck!!. He loves to fall to the ground when he is backing in to a player.... there is still contact made by the opposition (normally hand in the back) but not enough to make him fall the way he does. The penalty he may have won against United (even though I thought Evans got the ball), would probably have been awarded if he had not fallen the way he did.

So for me watching him, its kind of annoying, because he has got undoubted skills, but to label him a cheat is not quite right. I personally have not seen him take a dive like Nani for example, or the one Bale did, or Ivanovich last week.

• Like 1

You know, there has a lot been said about Suarez being a cheat. I dont think he is.

I call a cheat someone who deliberately goes to ground with NO contact, or trips up when the nearest leg is a yard away. Suarez doesnt do that.

What Suarez does is go down theatrically as if he has been hit by a 10 ton truck!!. He loves to fall to the ground when he is backing in to a player.... there is still contact made by the opposition (normally hand in the back) but not enough to make him fall the way he does. The penalty he may have won against United (even though I thought Evans got the ball), would probably have been awarded if he had not fallen the way he did.

So for me watching him, its kind of annoying, because he has got undoubted skills, but to label him a cheat is not quite right. I personally have not seen him take a dive like Nani for example, or the one Bale did, or Ivanovich last week.

i've said this repeatedly. suarez gets fouled so much and gets fed up of refs not giving them, so he, perhaps ill-advisedly, has developed a habit of accentuating contact to try and make sure referees see the fouls. he doesn't outright dive or 'simulate' like ashley young, bale or as you say nani.

i've seen suarez stay on his feet in the opposing area and try to keep his balance when running past opponents when many other players would have happily thrown themselves over a trailing leg.

• Like 2

i've said this repeatedly. suarez gets fouled so much and gets fed up of refs not giving them, so he, perhaps ill-advisedly, has developed a habit of accentuating contact to try and make sure referees see the fouls. he doesn't outright dive or 'simulate' like ashley young, bale or as you say nani.

i've seen suarez stay on his feet in the opposing area and try to keep his balance when running past opponents when many other players would have happily thrown themselves over a trailing leg.

On the contrary, he's just as bad as the others mentioned. The reason he doesn't get the decisions if largely due to his repeated play acting in trying to con the referee. i haven't paid much attention to him this season and he might well have changed his ways but last season i found his persistent writhing around in supposed agony very irritating. As i also did with Bale for that matter. But please don't suggest he's any better than the others mentioned because he's not.

You also still haven't commented on the forearm smash into Parkers face. That was downright malicious presumably because he didn't like being tackled.

I have taken his side in the other issue but in this he's created a rod for his own back. Just my opinion mind!

• Like 1

On the list of divers you forgot to add your mate Mr Gerrard stevie !

On the contrary, he's just as bad as the others mentioned. The reason he doesn't get the decisions if largely due to his repeated play acting in trying to con the referee. i haven't paid much attention to him this season and he might well have changed his ways but last season i found his persistent writhing around in supposed agony very irritating. As i also did with Bale for that matter. But please don't suggest he's any better than the others mentioned because he's not.

You also still haven't commented on the forearm smash into Parkers face. That was downright malicious presumably because he didn't like being tackled.

I have taken his side in the other issue but in this he's created a rod for his own back. Just my opinion mind!

he isn't carmine. he to my knowledge has never 'dived' once since being a liverpool player. if you watch him regularly you'll see that when in opposing penalty areas he actually makes an effort to stay on his feet rather than go over at the faintest whiff of a challenge. when you've actually been fouled and the referee isn't giving you them trying to make sure the ref does see them is not cheating. because you've still been fouled.

and not to sound all wenger or anything i haven't seen the parker incident.

On the list of divers you forgot to add your mate Mr Gerrard stevie !

yeah, gerrard's taken his fair share of dodgy tumbles in his time. hands up there. usually on those bursts into the area he loves so much.

he doesn't outright dive or 'simulate' like ashley young, bale or as you say nani.

Complete BS. As carmine says, he is as bad as all the others... actually worse.

And speaking of whom, you repeatedly go on about Young and Bale as being the worst offenders; well with regards Young for United, there were two high profile penalties that he won last season, one of which was a clear dive with i suspect no contact, the other was when the defender grabbed the back of his shirt as he broke through on goal - definitely not grabbed sufficiently to make a person go down, but grabbed nonetheless. Those are the only incidents, Premier League wise, i can think of with him. With Bale it is the same. I recall a couple of well publicized incidents, but no more than that.

Now with Suarez, thinking back through all the games i saw last season, i don't think a single game went by when he didn't perform at least two or three blatant dives with the full compliment of rolly-pollies. He even does it <deleted> when he's on the half way line! I really do think you are deluding yourself on this one.

"Doesn't outright dive" my arse.

he doesn't outright dive or 'simulate' like ashley young, bale or as you say nani.

Complete BS. As carmine says, he is as bad as all the others... actually worse.

And speaking of whom, you repeatedly go on about Young and Bale as being the worst offenders; well with regards Young for United, there were two high profile penalties that he won last season, one of which was a clear dive with i suspect no contact, the other was when the defender grabbed the back of his shirt as he broke through on goal - definitely not grabbed sufficiently to make a person go down, but grabbed nonetheless. Those are the only incidents, Premier League wise, i can think of with him. With Bale it is the same. I recall a couple of well publicized incidents, but no more than that.

Now with Suarez, thinking back through all the games i saw last season, i don't think a single game went by when he didn't perform at least two or three blatant dives with the full compliment of rolly-pollies. He even does it <deleted> when he's on the half way line! I really do think you are deluding yourself on this one.

"Doesn't outright dive" my arse.

Young does it all the time, mate. All the time. Admittedly he does it less with Fergie calling him out on it, but remember against City last season?

cheesy.gif

Personally I have never seen Suarez do this. He goes down, too theatrically, but only after contact has been made. Yes he is a whinger, and rolls around, and has a face like a slapped ars, but I dont believe he is a cheat. Just my opinion

Young does it all the time, mate. All the time. Admittedly he does it less with Fergie calling him out on it, but remember against City last season?

Yep, fair enough, this one didn't look good, but i still think his ratio of dives per game pales in comparison.

Personally I have never seen Suarez do this.

You have now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpEWmZE7d8g

Edited by rixalex