Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Steven Gerrard will hit a double century of goals for Liverpool, claims Rafa Benitez

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is backing Steven Gerrard to hit 200 career goals for the club after watching the 28-year-old reach his century against PSV Eindhoven.

And he'll still be only 33 years old!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...z-Football.html

I predict a very nice win over "The Arabs" this weekend. With their "lets go for goal at all costs" attitude (and that's the way they'll play in front of their own fans) I can only see our front line (and middle line) getting lots of space and making hay.

"The Babushka's" look a likely draw and that'll be fine for putting a bit of distance between us and the also-rans. :o

Torres on fire again (did you see his work rate against PSV?), Keane has lifted the "monkey off his back" and of course we have the absolute, undeniable best midfielder in the world in Stevie G.

Looking good!

I predict a very nice win over "The Arabs" this weekend.

<deleted> off "Yanks" :D

post-19542-1223099459.jpg

A delight to observe the eloquence :o

You started it, with your use of "Arabs". :D

Touched a nerve did we? :D :D

No, not at all. How can it when we are laoded and you all subsidise us when topping up your cars. But if you want to call City Arabs, you can't moan when we call you Yanks :(

Man City 2 - LIVERPOOL 3

We showed a lot of grit and passion in this game. 0-2 at half time and looking a little sluggish to be frank. Stevie G was not his usual dominating self playing the joint striker role. I was bemused by the starting line-up and hope Rafa realises the folly of this formation.

Rivera looked a threat and is improving each game.

How on earth did Torres miss from 3 yards? :D

Anxiously awaiting news of Skrtels' injury although we have Agger on standby.

All in all a very good win - best start for years.

p.s. I imagine Kuyt is relieved having made amends for his earlier miss :o

Edited by The Vulcan

We showed a lot of grit and passion in this game.

Yes you did. Well done Livepool. Personally i'm gutted at how we let it slip :o

Robinho did the same.

Zabaleta got a straight red for a foul and the Liverpool player got up and walked away. Skrtel kung <deleted> kicked Jo in the ribs, Jo had to go off and Skrtel never even got a yellow :D

Robinho did the same.

Zabaleta got a straight red for a foul and the Liverpool player got up and walked away. Skrtel kung <deleted> kicked Jo in the ribs, Jo had to go off and Skrtel never even got a yellow :D

Glad to see that the favoritism by refs isn't only with United, right Stevie?

Robinho did the same.

Dunne up-ended Kuyt and a blatant penalty was waved away by a ref who was 40 yards behind the play!

Mark Hughes has gone to press and agreed the red card!

Anyway, a good tussle and (he concedes) not the stroll in the park I predicted.

Edited by The Vulcan

Well I hope Skrtel possibly being out for a very long time is good enough punishment in your view for his kick to Jo. It should have been a yellow card, sure. I have no idea what he was doing there.

The red card was blatantly obvious. Great call. Reminded me of Barros getting a red card a few years back for a two-footed lunge which looked even worse. I could have no complaints as a fan because it was an obvious red card. Hughes was upset about it at first, but I bet when he saw the replay he understood. No question. Doesn't matter if Alonso was all right. You don't judge a red card by whether it crippled the man or not.

Well, except for the loss of Skrtel, fantastic game. The conviction in the second half was awesome. I couldn't believe the turnaround. Once Torres got his goal I just felt that it was Liverpool's day and they were going to win. Honestly. I don't feel that every match. I didn't feel it the 'Borough match even though they pulled it out. Even when it hit injury time I was just confident it would happen. You could just sense their belief and intent from the start. Best match I've seen in a long time. I took solace in that Chelsea fell behind and ended up with three and kept thinking Liverpool would do the same. I couldn't believe the Torres miss, though. Should have had a hat trick. But he was the hero of the day regardless.

New motto of the season should be, WE BELIEVE.

I believe, I believe, I believe. I think Liverpool will win at least one trophy this year, and we all know which one would be the sweetest.

As for Agger, I hope he's ready to step in and perform like the did two years ago. I think he can be just as good as before but it takes time to come back from such a long lay off and now Skrtel will have to do the same.

Edit: I was screaming penalty as well on that Kuyt foul. I only saw the replay once but he was surely brought down from behind. However, on my one quick view of it, the initial contact came just outside the box so it should have been a free kick right outside the area.

Edited by Jimjim

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres is dreaming of scoring the winner against Manchester United in this season's Champions League final. (Various)

Off the bbc website today.

Interesting to see the FT is dreaming about the Champions League final against us. The next time he dreams like this he better be careful not to slip while he sleep kicking and breaks his leg.

BTW, LP fans, don't get too excited, I am sure many people dream about Champions League glory yet fail to achieve it (see Arsenal and Chelsea)

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres is dreaming of scoring the winner against Manchester United in this season's Champions League final. (Various)

Interesting to see the FT is dreaming about the Champions League final against us. The next time he dreams like this he better be careful not to slip while he sleep kicking and breaks his leg.

BTW, LP fans, don't get too excited, I am sure many people dream about Champions League glory yet fail to achieve it (see Arsenal and Chelsea)

I think you're in the wrong forum to be discussing Champs/European failures eh? :o

My fears for Fernando's dream is your lot failing to get there!

I think you're in the wrong forum to be discussing Champs/European failures eh? :o

Hey Vul: In case you haven't noticed my name is not Seapok (chelsea) or MIG16 (arsen) or Mr BJ (Man City), its James and that means Man Utd.

Hey Vul: In case you haven't noticed my name is not Seapok (chelsea) or MIG16 (arsen) or Mr BJ (Man City), its James and that means Man Utd.

I know!

Liverpool eye Heskey in January sales

By Soccernet staff

October 17, 2008

Comment

Email

Print

Emile Heskey may return to play in front of the Kop next year, if reports linking him with a return to Liverpool across the British press are correct.

GettyImages

Heskey is keen for Champions League football next season

The Wigan striker, 30, has been in fine form for both club and country this season, and his current contract is due to expire next summer.

JJB manager Steve Bruce admits his heavyweight frontman could quit Wigan once the transfer window opens, and Heskey himself has done nothing to quell the speculation. "Yeah, I hope [to attract interest]," he said. "It's a nice situation that I'm in, but I'm still a Wigan player and I want to do my best for them. Everyone wants to be playing on these big stages, and for their club to be in the Champions League."

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez may try to sign the former Red in the January transfer window, although he could face stiff competition from Aston Villa and Tottenham, who are also believed to be jostling for the striker's signature.

An added advantage of Heskey's signing in January would be the fact that he is not cup-tied, and so would be eligible to take part in Liverpool's Champions League campaign.

Heskey spent four years at Anfield, from 2000-2004, after arriving for a then-record £11m from Leicester City. Benitez' predecessor Gerard Houllier offloaded the attacker to Birmingham for £3.5m, shortly before the Spaniard's arrival at Liverpool at the end of the 2003-2004 season.