Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

I think there are definitely some so called Man U fans who write more posts only on the Liverpool FC thread? Whats with that? guess they have no idea of loyalty? I couldn't bring myself to go on their thread the thought of even associating with them is embarrassing. What a joke of a team by the way.

For someone with all of 123 posts, I find what you right above interesting, if not funny. The fact remains there Devil (good choice of name btw), that if you peruse all the threads on here you will see the usual crowd on everyone's threads. However, seeing your comments above, I guess by this we won't see you on the the Everton, United, Hammer, Chelsea and Arsenal threads. Wouldn't want you to be disloyal to your team now, would we :o

Only from a Manc :D

Hey Vulc, one typo per paragraph is not bad for me mate. But that little dig has raised my awareness and will keep an eye out for your future posts. :D

I think there are definitely some so called Man U fans who write more posts only on the Liverpool FC thread? Whats with that? guess they have no idea of loyalty? I couldn't bring myself to go on their thread the thought of even associating with them is embarrassing. What a joke of a team by the way.

For someone with all of 123 posts, I find what you right above interesting, if not funny. The fact remains there Devil (good choice of name btw), that if you peruse all the threads on here you will see the usual crowd on everyone's threads. However, seeing your comments above, I guess by this we won't see you on the the Everton, United, Hammer, Chelsea and Arsenal threads. Wouldn't want you to be disloyal to your team now, would we :D

Only from a Manc :D

:o

No surprise to see him reading the Guardian (of all rags) about divers - :D

Obviously news about our team is a lot more interesting than the Manc site.

But then, if we were 8 points adrift with our season in ruins.....................? :D :D

I'm beginning to think he's about to switch over! :o

He'll need some serious de-briefing but he may not be beyond help :D

Edited by The Vulcan

Was on the Guardian website and saw a heading : Is Stevie G a Diver? Obviously, I had to take a look and found this gem... enjoy :o

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AaqymT_upmc

gerrard's done a couple when he's made sure that the referee makes the right decision, yeah. he's by no means in ronaldo's league for outright cheating of course.

hahaha! good choice of music on that. he really is a horrible, snidey, underhand, cheating, dishonourable little wanke_r isn't he?

not bad video at all must admit. :o

however as per your other comments above, that little *&*^*(^&& won every single major football award possible and by the way scored more goals as winger than your beloved Ole Ole did as a strker, plus carried us to two Premiership titles in a row and that little trophy that comes along with the Champions League. Guy plays with broken foot to boot, not a little hammy pull that keeps others on the bench. :D:D

Edited by bkkjames

wasn't talking about what he's won or how many he's scored james, i couldn't care less. he's a nasty little self-adoring arrogant <deleted> of a footballer and will never be respected as a true great as long as he continues to be a serial cheat.

wasn't talking about what he's won or how many he's scored james, i couldn't care less. he's a nasty little self-adoring arrogant <deleted> of a footballer and will never be respected as a true great as long as he continues to be a serial cheat.

I'm afraid it's the games authorities that allow him (and others) to cheat.

Free-kicks are issued for minimal contact these days, which gives players such as Ronaldo an opportunity to take advantage.

If free-kicks weren't given so willy-nilly there wouldn't be so many cheats in the game.

of course you would mention any of that stuff Stevie. seems you are in disagreement with the pro footballers of the world that voted him Best Player in the World.

As for your thoughts that he will never be respected as a True Great, I don't think he (or I) concerns himself with winning over LP fans.

Will Fernando Torres ever this title I wonder? (Best Player in the World). :o

where did i say that he isn't a good player james? he is undoubtedly immensely talented, which makes his pathetic cheating all the more sad. sometimes he's incredible to watch, others an utter embarrassment to the sport.

well, I hate JT and D'iodiot Dogma with a passion, but they are talented. Granted CR is not a man's man when it comes to footballers like a Rooney who doesn't fall down enough :o but you must admit the he has cut back the diving quite a bit. Anyways, when it comes to diving, I don't blame the player so much, I blame the refs that reward it - should be yellow carded IMO.

From sky sports:-

Reds warned over future

Harris concerned by financial situation at Anfield

Liverpool have been told they could face financial difficulty in January and may be forced to sell up.

Keith Harris, who has brokered takeover deals for five Premier League clubs, believes Liverpool and Merseyside rivals Everton could be affected by the credit crunch.

Reds owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have two months to pay back a reported £350million worth of debt.

Harris feels the banks must consider whether to repossess the club if neither refinancing nor new financial stakeholders can be found, while he also thinks Liverpool might have to cash in on some of their top players if there is no fresh investment.

"The one that worries me is Liverpool," explained Harris, who has masterminded takeover deals at Chelsea, Aston Villa, Hull, West Ham and Manchester City and is currently seeking buyers for Newcastle and Everton.

"It has never been more difficult to find buyers.

"It's no longer a question of price negotiation - it's should we? People are wondering if now is the time to spend.

"Liverpool's debt is due in January, with maybe a six-month extension.

"The two banks which are the principal lenders - the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia - are two of those that have suffered. Whether they want to lend it again or not, they may not be able to."

Harris, chairman of Seymour Pierce investment bank and a former Football League chairman, has also admitted that Everton are no closer in their search for a buyer.

Speaking at the International Football Arena Conference in Zurich, Harris said: "There is no progress at all."

Harris has also hit back at claims by Uefa president Michel Platini that English football has too much foreign ownership.

He said: "It's unfair to single out England for unmerited criticism. PSG are 62.5 per cent owned by an American property company and Grenoble was bought by a Japanese company and has a Bosnian coach.

"Platini talks of English clubs distorting competition but there is not one team that perfectly fits his ideal of locally-owned, debt-free and with a strong national playing squad."

Edited by mrbojangles

So obviously Raffa will rest key players for tonight's game. I want revenge on Spurs... We clearly controlled and actually played some of our best football this season against them, I am still smarting over that loss.

I understand from reading a few sites today Torres is in the squad tonight! And will possibly play some part to regain needed match fitness.

Key players likely to be rested inc Steven Gerrard, Robbie Keane, Jamie Carragher, Dirk Kuyt and Xabi Alonso.

I am sure the likes of Babel, Pennant, Lucas and Benayoun can put in needed performances to get us through to later stages of the Cup.

I notice games were not shown on True Vision last night but on Thai TV they showed the Arsenal game only.

Edited by Devil

Who cares about the "Worthless" - at least it's one less engagement whilst we concentrate on the big 2.

Our reserves were a little feeble though!

I said the same thing last year when we lost.

Look at this way, your side was much weaker compared to the line-up Chelsea put out against that stallworth Championship side Burnely :o

that was bloody shocking. i know our squad isn't as strong as chelsea's or the mancs' but that was some inept showing last night. hard to say who came out of it with any credit really. ah well, we'll concentrate on the league. . .

Hey Stevie, Vulc et all, better go easy on the City Arab jokes.....

Liverpool on the brink:

Cash crisis could force American co-owners to accept £500m bid from Sheikh Mohammed

Tom Hicks and George Gillett may have to swallow their pride and accept a take-it-or-leave-it £500million buy-out offer from Sheikh Mohammed in the wake of grim forecasts about their prospects of steering Liverpool through a worsening financial crisis.

With the deadline looming for repayment of a £350million loan to Royal Bank of Scotland, Liverpool's co-owners face a dilemma over their next move, following claims from financial expert Keith Harris that the Anfield club are 'the ones who worry me most.'

Liverpool on the brink:

Cash crisis could force American co-owners to accept £500m bid from Sheikh Mohammed

Tom Hicks and George Gillett may have to swallow their pride and accept a take-it-or-leave-it £500million buy-out offer from Sheikh Mohammed in the wake of grim forecasts about their prospects of steering Liverpool through a worsening financial crisis.

With the deadline looming for repayment of a £350million loan to Royal Bank of Scotland, Liverpool's co-owners face a dilemma over their next move, following claims from financial expert Keith Harris that the Anfield club are 'the ones who worry me most.'

I'd relish a takeover (makeover) - them 2 "Septics" are a bloody embarassment - Just imagine what we could (and will) do with a few quid in the bank. Bring 'em on I say

Liverpool on the brink:

that would suit me just fine thanks. i want those two crooks out of the club as soon as humanly possible.

Keith Harris is a devious little git anyway - 10-1 he's "acting" for a third party attempting to force the Yanks into a corner. Reports of this type will not go past the lending banks. This will put a lot of pressure on the current "owners" and may well (I hope and pray) be the beginning of the end for them.

p.s. maybe we'll then have enough money for a decent set of reserves to contest the Carling pot. :o

Edited by The Vulcan

Ok now the other nights game/disaster has gone its back to business tomorrow, against Bolton

I will be interested how we bounce back and keep up our league form with key players back in the side.

Although Arbeloa is suspended for this match! So brings me to wonder about cover for him.

Degan looked lost the other night inc Dossena at left back. I hope they settle in sooner than later.

Wondering if any of you thought Darby looked ok at Right back in the short time he was on, I thought he looked ok defensively.

I always wondered if Raffa would ever play Carra at right back again? we have cover at Center half and when ever he has gone right back he as been great even getting forward.

i'd play carra rightback and stick sami in the middle. bolton away will be a scrap, darby's not ready for that and degen just doesn't look up to scratch.

dossena was fuc_king shocking the other night. i'd sell him in january.

Agree entirely. Actually I'd start with Pennant and Babel wide. Bolton seem a little slow on their flanks and this could expose them. It would also eleviate a bit of presure from our rear guard :o

I don't think for a minute this game is going to be a classic but lets hope for a scappy win and 3 more valuable points. I'd settle for that.