Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

because I was impressed watching him play for City, Chelsea and Liverpool and reckon he's very talented and unorthodox. He barely had a sniff at City and was played out of position at Chelsea. You forget that he had a very productive half a season on loan at Bolton where he was never injured and learned from the manager and master striker that was Owen Coyle rolleyes.gif . I'm not entirely convinced about him at international level and, unless I'm mistaken, he's not played for England since the 2014 World Cup. He must be at the back of a long queue for France 2016, if he's even in the queue.

Well I could take your comments and query why did you buy him? But everything I've seen about him leads me to believe he's top quality and I stick by my opinion above (remember it's based on every player being fit and healthy). It's an opinion.

Your avatar is . ^^^^^^^

What is it meant to be.

Its our Jurgen ,he is gonna show himself when Sturridge grows up!
is going on with him. Lets hope it's a minor thing and he's back playing. Still by far our best striker imo.

If all your players were fit and well and we could take one of them, I'd take Sturridge (over Coutinho).

]

Id take KDB and throw in our £30m record signing...so how about it? tongue.png

From the mickey mousers its Coutinho all day long for me....excellent player.

I can see why you're trying to pawn Lamela off on others, but your trying to mug us with our pants down with that deal you've offered. I only like Lloris out of your lot (though apparently our management have their eye on Dembele).

]

• Like 1

Great to get 3 points, very nervy second half, and totally bereft of ideas despite the early pressure.

Very fortunate with the penalty decision, I don't think the referee would have given it without the assistance of the linesman. Had it happened at the other end against us, I would not have been happy, but that is football, some decisions you get, some you don't.

With Leicester, Utd, Arsenal and Spurs all dropping two points, it rounded off a nice week of results including the European qualification.

Sturridge is by far the best English forward out there ,he is unorthodox ,extremely talented but as MadMary once said he is like a tampon ,in for a week out for a month(which coincidently goes well with his fanny tag at the moment)whistling.gif

Sturridge is not "by far" the best English striker out there. Granted he was bloody good playing alongside Suarez but then a player of Suarez's class has a habit of making players and managers for that matter, seem even better than they are.

Rest of the time Sturbridge is injured isn't he!

Sturridge is by far the best English forward out there ,he is unorthodox ,extremely talented but as MadMary once said he is like a tampon ,in for a week out for a month(which coincidently goes well with his fanny tag at the moment)whistling.gif

Sturridge is not "by far" the best English striker out there. Granted he was bloody good playing alongside Suarez but then a player of Suarez's class has a habit of making players and managers for that matter, seem even better than they are.

Maybe he meant Sturridge is the best English player on strike tongue.png

• Like 2

If you state your opinion Sturridge is not the best English striker out there, why not state who is then in your opinion.

]

If you state your opinion Sturridge is not the best English striker out there, why not state who is then in your opinion.

]

Read before you post. I said he's not "by far" the best.

On his day i'd say he is the best. Then you have the performance of Kane last season, Vardy this.

]

On his day i'd say he is the best. Then you have the performance of Kane last season, Vardy this.

Thanks for the clarification as there was nothing in your post which stated or implied your opinion in your latter post that Sturridge is the greatest English striker. Seems that you and I agree on Sturridge then.

]

Edited by Bredbury Blue

I apologise for having an opinion.

]

he is the best english striker by a country mile carmine. when he's fit. sturridge was brilliant in the liverpool team no end of times when suarez wasn't there, so it wasn't like suarez was getting him playing above himself. he's a fantastic striker with natural technique and incredible finishing. he just can't stay fit. it's no slight on kane to say that sturridge is different gravy to him ability-wise.

• Like 1

Can't disagree but that's very much atm sturridge is on the verge of of losing two seasons and the young bloods are developing quickly.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Can't disagree but that's very much atm sturridge is on the verge of of losing two seasons and the young bloods are developing quickly.

I'd reiterate i think, on his day Sturridge is the best English striker. You'd have to be a Liverpool fan or his agent to suggest he's the best by miles. Thats my opinion on what i've seen but thats becoming a distant memory. Sad that such a good player is so blighted by injury.

I'd reiterate i think, on his day Sturridge is the best English striker. You'd have to be a Liverpool fan or his agent to suggest he's the best by miles. Thats my opinion on what i've seen but thats becoming a distant memory. Sad that such a good player is so blighted by injury.

Who gets near him? Kane,.he will, but atm ,,no. Rooney is the only one on or above him and his time as a striker is fading wellbeck, vardy nope . unfortunatly he is the stand out atm. still think the wb boy berihino has it in him to make a mark but needs to get away from pullis who likes targets up front. Wallcott imo will have his time as a central striker maybe away from arsenal , but same as sturridge injury prone,,

So just out of interest who will woy take 2 the euros ? Ide hope sturridge Kane wallcott vardy wellbeck and a real outside an in form Andy Carroll, that is if woy will be taking 6?

Edited by rijit

No, you would have to be a bit of a mong to suggest that he is not.Going by your posts I think you qualify.

No, you would have to be a bit of a mong to suggest that he is not.Going by your posts I think you qualify.

Such keyboard bravery! Bravo! Almost makes up for your seemingly limited football knowledge. Would it offend your sensitivities less if i went on to say i think he's very very good?!!

Atleast when you used to post juvenile jibes with homosexual reference you seemed to be better informed so best stick to that

Such keyboard bravery! Bravo! Almost makes up for your seemingly limited football knowledge. Would it offend your sensitivities less if i went on to say i think he's very very good?!!

Atleast when you used to post juvenile jibes with homosexual reference you seemed to be better informed so best stick to that

Have I just had my pants pulled down & spanked by the footy forums daddy.?gigglem.gif

he is the best english striker by a country mile carmine. when he's fit. sturridge was brilliant in the liverpool team no end of times when suarez wasn't there, so it wasn't like suarez was getting him playing above himself. he's a fantastic striker with natural technique and incredible finishing. he just can't stay fit. it's no slight on kane to say that sturridge is different gravy to him ability-wise.

I think you need to change that sentence to read " he was the best English striker by a country mile season 2013/2014 "

• Like 1

I think you need to change that sentence to read " he was the best English striker by a country mile season 2013/2014 "

Correct.

Kane getting short shrift I'd wager. Sturridge is extremely talented but Kane not far from him. Kane ain't no lumbering carthorse and still with a lot of upside.

Yes thats about right. Kane's not as good but he's far less experienced and four years younger.

To say miles better is just baloney

• Like 1

Kane has done nothing yet ,he cant even dance!

How many goals has Sturridge scored this season?

OK I'll make it easier for ya...how many did he score last season?

Check out how many Kane scored both seasons too....then come back and tell me how great Sturridge is.

"Sicknote".