Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

On 5/21/2017 at 4:55 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Still don't think Carmine understands the footballing term 'bottled it' but lets move on.

Sorry i didn't see this little gem from the poster that never disappoints....

So, let me have a wild stab in the dark......Spurs at no occasion in the season ever led the table.  All we did was cut the gap down from a very large on to a smaller one.  City however stood at the top for some 75 days so i would summarize that City are in fact the bottlers because you just could handle the pressure at the top.  Yup, i think i understand exactly what bottling it is.

In future can you keep to discussing on topic issues or just set up a "BB's nonsense thoughts of the day" thread instead?  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sorry i didn't see this little gem from the poster that never disappoints....

So, let me have a wild stab in the dark......Spurs at no occasion in the season ever led the table.  All we did was cut the gap down from a very large on to a smaller one.  City however stood at the top for some 75 days so i would summarize that City are in fact the bottlers because you just could handle the pressure at the top.  Yup, i think i understand exactly what bottling it is.

In future can you keep to discussing on topic issues or just set up a "BB's nonsense thoughts of the day" thread instead?  

Nope Carmine you still don’t understand the term ‘bottled it’ do you, I’m guessing maybe it’s a term from before your time following football. A quick Google search would point you in the right direction (it means something like: losing one's nerve / to not do something because you do not feel brave enough / when someone decides to opt out of a rather nerve racking task). It wouldn’t mean as you refer to City – we were just not good enough – but it would refer, as we (not just me I note) keep telling you, to a situation such as Spurs applying the pressure on Chelsea, and just when they can really squeeze Chelsea, Spurs go and play a team not as good as Spurs in WHU, and don’t perform and lose the game, cease applying pressure on Chelsea and the rest is history = Spurs ‘bottled it’ in the WHU game. Got it yet?

My comment was an on-topic issue at the time i posted, but it’s taken you a longtime to find it and comment so if anyone’s comment is off-topic…

PS. Try keeping your comments social will you, the forum might be a little better that way

PPS. Spurs last topped the Premier for 13 minutes in March 2016 :wink:

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Nope Carmine you still don’t understand the term ‘bottled it’ do you, I’m guessing maybe it’s a term from before your time following football. A quick Google search would point you in the right direction (it means something like: losing one's nerve / to not do something because you do not feel brave enough / when someone decides to opt out of a rather nerve racking task). It wouldn’t mean as you refer to City – we were just not good enough – but it would refer, as we (not just me I note) keep telling you, to a situation such as Spurs applying the pressure on Chelsea, and just when they can really squeeze Chelsea, Spurs go and play a team not as good as Spurs in WHU, and don’t perform and lose the game, cease applying pressure on Chelsea and the rest is history = Spurs ‘bottled it’ in the WHU game. Got it yet?

no, you're still wrong here. in a football context, bottling it would be a team having a large lead at the top of the table and blowing that lead because a team behind them is putting pressure on them. 

you can't argue that two teams who were behind chelsea in the table, spurs and city, didn't catch chelsea because one wasn't good enough and the other bottled it. because they both did one or the other. 

Edited by StevieH
  • Like 1

Just now, StevieH said:

no, you're still wrong here. in a football context, bottling it would be a team having a large lead at the top of the table and blowing that lead because a team behind them is putting pressure on them. 

you can't argue that two teams who were behind chelsea in the table, spurs and city, didn't catch chelsea because one wasn't good enough and the other bottled it. because they both did one or the other. your argument and position is full of holes.

Of course you are right but in this case you might as well be explaining it to a plank of wood.  

7 minutes ago, StevieH said:

you can't argue that two teams who were behind chelsea in the table, spurs and city, didn't catch chelsea because one wasn't good enough and the other bottled it. because they both did one or the other. 

Keegan's Newcastle being the most famous recent example. 

Possible opponents

Besiktas (46)

Viktoria Plzen (41)

CSKA Moscow (40)

Brugge (39)

Sporting Lisbon (37)

Steaua (35)

PAOK (35)

Young Boys (29)

Nice (17)

Hoffenheim (16)

Panathinaikos (15)

Istanbul (10)

Slavia Prague 8

AEK Athens (7)

Panionios (6)

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Is the notion lost on a proper plank such as yourself though Carmine?

At least attempt some witty banter, that was just lame.

I'm seeing Mary Decker limping home in sadness here. I think she had a red shirt on that day come to think about it....

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

Fark me, that seemed to shut him up,  perhaps we need Stevie to respond to him more often as he seems to be the only person who can make him see sense and rescue us from the nonsense he talk's :wai::biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Apparently this is the starting XI for this pm.  Carra playing between Lovren and Moreno to show them how to defend! Should be fun to watch:hit-the-fan:

Karius; Lovren, Carragher, Moreno, Alexander-Arnold;  Lucas, Gerrard, Woodburn;  Firmino, Sturridge, Wilson

40 minutes ago, wilai said:

Young Joe Gomez only got halfway..... Apparently, he was suddenly taken 'ill' when the flight stopped to re-fuel at U-Tapao

Yeah right Joe!.... Taxi to Patts please:partytime2:

That plane flight would have been messy, young lads getting spannered with the old boys ????

Well done scousers,back in the Champions League next season :thumbsup: hopefully your owners will give Klopp the money needed to improve your squad,your bench looks very fragile and unless its improved your involvement may be short lived........good luck anyhow :wai: