Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Now you've bought a left back is Milner going to nail down that CM position he joined you for?

I think the idea was for Milner to remain 1st choice left-back and for Robertson to slowly take over.  

There is no chance Milner will get anywhere near CM. 

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Now you've bought a left back is Milner going to nail down that CM position he joined you for?

Dunno but the lads an absolute asset. 85 games and 14 goals in just 2 seasons in a red shirt. Mr Versatile will stake a claim for a number of positions. 

barnesy reckons coutinho aint a happy bunny 

You could tell by the way he reacted after he scored, with no celebration or anything, that something isn't quite right with Philippe at Liverpool, 

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/1296391/barnes-on-coutinho-his-liverpool-stint

So Another 'nasty transfer'?  barca are wedged up post neymar, so what'll buy him £ 120m ?  hate to say it fellers and i'm not looking to wind anyone up , but if players esp s/americans get the opp to go to barca , they want it and ultimately they go

barring 'he aint going anywhere' whats your thought guys ?

15 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I think the idea was for Milner to remain 1st choice left-back and for Robertson to slowly take over.  

There is no chance Milner will get anywhere near CM. 

sounds about right, milners the 'perfect'' all round pro, however pace aint his strongest point and THAT imo will  probably dictate his nearish  future at anfeild, get the new kid bedded in and milner is 100%perfect for the bench , where cant he cover? every club could do with a player with his flexibilty.

edit but 1st choice anywhere cant see that lasting  for long.

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

You could tell by the way he reacted after he scored, with no celebration or anything, that something isn't quite right with Philippe at Liverpool, 

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/1296391/barnes-on-coutinho-his-liverpool-stint

So Another 'nasty transfer'?  barca are wedged up post neymar, so what'll buy him £ 120m ?  hate to say it fellers and i'm not looking to wind anyone up , but if players esp s/americans get the opp to go to barca , they want it and ultimately they go

DGUQmUeVoAIxPXp.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

He won't be leaving now, it's too late, Klopp will not let it happen. If it was the start of the transfer window I'd be more worried. 

I expect he will go there next season to replace Iniesta.

Still you just never know do you.

No need to sell and Coutinho aint a VVD.

On that aspect I wouldn't want the player as he has no respect for the contract he has with Southampton.

A petulant schoolboy mind is not to my liking in a professional footballer.

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

sounds about right, milners the 'perfect'' all round pro, however pace aint his strongest point and THAT imo will  probably dictate his nearish  future at anfeild, get the new kid bedded in and milner is 100%perfect for the bench , where cant he cover? every club could do with a player with his flexibilty.

edit but 1st choice anywhere cant see that lasting  for long.

Yep I'd tend to agree with that.

Defensively he was fantastic let season and did a great job banging in penalties, but he's not an attacking, pacey left footed wing back, and that is what is needed.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

No need to sell and Coutinho aint a VVD.

On that aspect I wouldn't want the player as he has no respect for the contract he has with Southampton.

A petulant schoolboy mind is not to my liking in a professional footballer.

We don't need to sell, why would we need to sell?

On the VVD point, I think there is a lot more going on than we actually know about. The fact we have not been linked with any other CH since the beginning of June and still are not being linked with one, the fact we are screaming out for one is strange. I'd go as far as to think the deal for VVD was done some time ago, and all this charade has been agreed to make the Saints look good to their fans while the player and LFC look like <deleted>. 

34 minutes ago, wilai said:

LFC v Hoffenheim in the Champions League. Could have been easier but a good draw for Firmino:post-4641-1156694572:

Hoffenheim had a good season 16/17 but Bayern have nicked their two best players. Ex Arsenal Gnabry now plays for them. They beat Derby County 2-1 the other day (battered them apparently!) but that was only their 2nd pre-season game. They play Bologna tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

He won't be leaving now, it's too late, Klopp will not let it happen. If it was the start of the transfer window I'd be more worried. 

I expect he will go there next season to replace Iniesta.

Still you just never know do you.

yeah dont suppose anyone would be hapi at losing a fab player and match winner at anytime let alone nearing the endish of a transfer window but as you  say u never know but tbh

cant see him as an iniesta replacement hate to say it mate but from what i've seen he's doubly suited to replace neymar lhs of a three.. him or hazard and cant really c hazard leaving atm  The issue for him at yours same as us,  we aint put any winners medals in his cabinet.

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

We don't need to sell, why would we need to sell?

On the VVD point, I think there is a lot more going on than we actually know about. The fact we have not been linked with any other CH since the beginning of June and still are not being linked with one, the fact we are screaming out for one is strange. I'd go as far as to think the deal for VVD was done some time ago, and all this charade has been agreed to make the Saints look good to their fans while the player and LFC look like <deleted>. 

Interesting thesis Bob. Either you are right or they want more money.

My money is on the second option so cough up lad! :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilai said:

LFC v Hoffenheim in the Champions League. Could have been easier but a good draw for Firmino:post-4641-1156694572:

We step up for the tougher games so I'm looking forward to it and on klopp familiarity with them we should cone through unscathed. Too early for drama.

Nothing in the press yet, but growing rumours on Twatter that Lallana is out until Christmas.:sad:

Also, Couts apparently missed training and is not travelling to Dublin!:annoyed:

Off to bed before any more crap comes in!

Edited by wilai

lallana out for 2 months. <deleted> off. i hate starting a new season with important players out injured. throws everything else up in the air and you can't start the opening match with your strongest XI. so annoying.

• Like 1

From the comments section of the Guardian sports page

Spam has always had a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool, the grand old faded dame of English soccer. As other clubs become ever more global, sneaking their tendrils into foreign markets, they become less football clubs and more corporations. Not so Liverpool. They stay truly, defiantly, perhaps foolishly, a local football team. Its apparent in the noise on match day. Compared to the soulless stadia of the likes Emirates and Old Trafford, full of texting tourists and bored daytrippers, the Kop is still pure scouse pride, singing their hearts out and seeming to suck the ball into the net.
Its apparent in the care the owners take in the community. Whilst other foreign owners stay aloof and distant, content with syphoning money, John Henry can often be seen walking around Liverpool talking with the fan on the street. They are involved in a widespread regeneration of the housing around Anfield, and many other community projects.
Its apparent in the pride, possibly unsurpassed in English football, that they take in rearing local youth. Give them a foreign superstar or a local lad and the local lad will win every time. While other clubs spend billions on the likes of Pogba or Lacazette, Liverpool have a broken umbilical cord of local talent running from Rush to Flanagan. The other clubs might be more successful. But at what cost? Where is the joy in buying success?
Its apparent in the joy they feel in providing servants to the English National Team. Sturridge. Milner. Clyne. Lallana. Henderson. Where would England be without her Liverpudlian spine?
And lastly. Its apparent in the joy that grips Liverpool whenever her top club finds success. No disrespect to Everton, but the beating heart of this great City is the Liver Bird of Liverpool football club. Spam was lucky enough to be in Liverpool once and saw Steven Gerrard walk past a group of young Everton fans. The look on their precious faces as he smiled and tousled their hair was enough to make you believe in Football again.
Its probably why fans of other clubs hate them. They are living proof that football doesn't have to be cynical, or money and trophy obsessed. It doesn't have to be distant. It can be close. It can be local, and silly, and emotional, and something to take pride in.
Spam isn't saying they'll win the title. Hell, they might not even come top four. But in a very real way, Liverpool have already won.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueScouse said:

Give them a foreign superstar or a local lad and the local lad will win every time. While other clubs spend billions on the likes of Pogba or Lacazette, Liverpool have a broken umbilical cord of local talent running from Rush to Flanagan. The other clubs might be more successful. But at what cost? Where is the joy in buying success?
Its apparent in the joy they feel in providing servants to the English National Team. Sturridge. Milner. Clyne. Lallana. Henderson. Where would England be without her Liverpudlian spine?

1st paragraph, "a foreign superstar or a local lad and the local lad will win every time" oh come on what tosh! Liverpool prefer local lads over bought we're told.

2nd paragraph, every player named has been bought.

Oh the irony. 

On 8/4/2017 at 4:47 PM, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah dont suppose anyone would be hapi at losing a fab player and match winner at anytime let alone nearing the endish of a transfer window but as you  say u never know but tbh

cant see him as an iniesta replacement hate to say it mate but from what i've seen he's doubly suited to replace neymar lhs of a three.. him or hazard and cant really c hazard leaving atm  The issue for him at yours same as us,  we aint put any winners medals in his cabinet.

Coutinho is much more effective in the deeper central role, better utilised behind a front 3. He will be playing there this season and already we've seen how good that it is.

I don't mind if he goes next season, but to go now unthinkable.

On 8/4/2017 at 10:14 PM, StevieH said:

lallana out for 2 months. <deleted> off. i hate starting a new season with important players out injured. throws everything else up in the air and you can't start the opening match with your strongest XI. so annoying.

1 first team player and 2 squad players in and a few squad players out.

And still Lovern/Matip with a man who should not even be playing EPL, Ragnar Klavan as 3rd choice CB.

The biggest problem for this team is defense. That is as much about the way we play, but it's still a massive issue. Yet we go in to the new season, playing in the elite competition with Ragnar Klavan. 

This was supposed to be the window of windows, the opportunity to strengthen with quality, cement top 4. I don't believe there are only 2 unavailable players on the planet that could help improve this squad.

There better be some more coming in before the end of the window.

Rant over..

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Coutinho is much more effective in the deeper central role, better utilised behind a front 3. He will be playing there this season and already we've seen how good that it is.

I don't mind if he goes next season, but to go now unthinkable.

so henderson when fit will be deeper? . mmm cant but help thinking/ remembering pc being more effective on the lhs, but hey its along old season.

45 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

so henderson when fit will be deeper? . mmm cant but help thinking/ remembering pc being more effective on the lhs, but hey its along old season.

Judging from pre-season there will be a lot more flexibility in our formations depending on who we are playing and personnel available.

Coutinho for sure was super effective on the left, but we lacked pace out there. He might still play there on the occasion, but he will be predominantly behind Salah Firmino and Mane.  He did play there for a bit under BR and looked more effective then. With Mane and Salah blazing down the wings, Firmino pulling CB's all over the shop and Coutinho feeding in the middle they are scary good.

I think Klopp has done away with the idea of DM all together. Henderson/Can would play a little deeper, with Wijnaldum/Grujic? a little bit deeper again.

We are exposed at the back playing like this, but it will be entertaining. 

8 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

but with that 'way' of set up your c'ds need to step up, yours up to it? ours arn't not to many in the prem are.

No they're not, Lovren gets caught out all the time and is slow on the turn. And both him and Matip seem susceptible to injury. Klavan should be 5th choice, Gomez is a kid coming back from serious injury and Sakho is the forgotten man. 

As you say not too many are and it's a little unfair on the defenders, playing so high up the pitch really leaves them exposed. Playing on a knife edge really. 

3 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

No they're not, Lovren gets caught out all the time and is slow on the turn. And both him and Matip seem susceptible to injury. Klavan should be 5th choice, Gomez is a kid coming back from serious injury and Sakho is the forgotten man. 

As you say not too many are and it's a little unfair on the defenders, playing so high up the pitch really leaves them exposed. Playing on a knife edge really. 

say its unfair on the defenders, is a little kind, other positions adapt to new formations, cb's seem to struggle, probaly as much to  with the mind set of them being cb's in the first place ie strong big and that will do  ect ect aint really totally the critera 4 new school formationa  cbs.