Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

He is the best striker around, I don't disagree for one moment what stevie is saying, I'd love to have him at Man Utd. If we are talking about this year, then we are only three months in, so because of his injuries he hasn't scored as many as some. Good result though for Liverpool, as Msingh said Real were poor in both legs, but that takes nothing away from this result.

to go back to the question i put to james earlier, a mate of mine had dinner with alex ferguson a few months ago and asked him which players he'd regretted not signing / missing out on, thinking he'd say ronaldinho, drogba maybe, robben etc. ferguson said it was torres, and maybe a bit surprisingly, xabi alonso. he actually admitted to being wrong about torres, he said he didn't bid for him from atletico because he didn't think he'd adapt to english football. interesting i thought.

will be even more delighted tonight should gobshite jose and his team of pedestrians pull off an unlikely shock in salford.

If i hated a team as much as you hate Man U Stevie, i'd revel the chance to play them on the biggest stage and beat them.

will be even more delighted tonight should gobshite jose and his team of pedestrians pull off an unlikely shock in salford.

If i hated a team as much as you hate Man U Stevie, i'd revel the chance to play them on the biggest stage and beat them.

Don't worry about, Stevie is afraid of drawing us in the next round :o Wonder if his hangover is kicking in yet? :D

unfortunately the fear of losing to the glams in the biggest game of all outweighs the potential joy of beating them. it would be unbearable.

Don't worry about, Stevie is afraid of drawing us in the next round :D Wonder if his hangover is kicking in yet? :D

i'd much rather have you lot in the next round than in the final. think we'd have more chance beating you over two legs than in a one-off.

and the hangover's been stalled. just carry on drinking. :o

unfortunately the fear of losing to the glams in the biggest game of all outweighs the potential joy of beating them. it would be unbearable.

Don't worry about, Stevie is afraid of drawing us in the next round :D Wonder if his hangover is kicking in yet? :D

i'd much rather have you lot in the next round than in the final. think we'd have more chance beating you over two legs than in a one-off.

and the hangover's been stalled. just carry on drinking. :o

right now I bet you don't have two legs to stand on :D

This is why we shouldn't want Heinze anymore. Any arguments? Involved in giving up the goal in Spain and one tonight.

Fantastic win. Have to say that Torres looked to foul Pepe on the first goal, but I think it looked worse than it was. Penalty was questionable, of course. After that Madrid just seemed to lose it. For saying they were dreadful, they actually had about four wonderful chances to score in the second half. They didn't, and that's that. Madrid didn't score, and Liverpool deserved to win without a doubt. I think we have to give credit to Liverpool's tactics and the 12th man for Real Madrid's performance.

tell you who showed his class last night, raul. one point he chased the ball out near the centenary stand and the fans gave him a clap so he stopped and clapped them back. he also made a point of going over to gerrard and shaking his hand when gerrard was being subbed off.

tell you who showed his class last night, raul. one point he chased the ball out near the centenary stand and the fans gave him a clap so he stopped and clapped them back. he also made a point of going over to gerrard and shaking his hand when gerrard was being subbed off.

That was a bit of class and great to see this in the game... Hey anyone see the Madrid fan jumping up and down with the Everton scarf on :D:o

That was a bit of class and great to see this in the game... Hey anyone see the Madrid fan jumping up and down with the Everton scarf on :D:o

yeah i had an email off a mate who was in the anny road end and was shouting 'blue and white <deleted>, hello, hello' at that guy who just looked back nonplussed.

nailed on that we're going to get the mancs in the quarterfinals. chelsea will get arsenal. the invisible hand of platini at work.

hmmm, we have a history of drawing barcelona - me thinks you will get chelsea again while Arsenal will get Bayern.

nailed on that we're going to get the mancs in the quarterfinals. chelsea will get arsenal. the invisible hand of platini at work.

hmmm, we have a history of drawing barcelona - me thinks you will get chelsea again while Arsenal will get Bayern.

do you? i don't remember you playing barca that often. i remember 99 well when cole and yorke took them apart. and 94 i think it was when romario and stoichkov gave united a schooling.

Edited by StevieH

do you? i don't remember you playing barca that often. i remember 99 well when cole and yorke took them apart. and 94 i think it was when romario and stoichkov gave united a schooling.

"As a fan" :o - I watch all UTD programming and it seems like we have got them about 6 times (ok, maybe just 4)

"As a fan" :D - I watch all UTD programming and it seems like we have got them about 6 times (ok, maybe just 4)

hehe. underlines my point about it not being a competitive competition these days then and teams playing each other far too often. it was much more fun when you had to travel to tromso or stromgodset for an away leg in the depths of norwegian winter. :o

"As a fan" :D - I watch all UTD programming and it seems like we have got them about 6 times (ok, maybe just 4)

hehe. underlines my point about it not being a competitive competition these days then and teams playing each other far too often. it was much more fun when you had to travel to tromso or stromgodset for an away leg in the depths of norwegian winter. :o

seem to recall last years CL final in Moscow wasn't exactly weather friendly - albeit not snow. :D

seem to recall last years CL final in Moscow wasn't exactly weather friendly - albeit not snow. :o

that was just the latest in a long line of uefa's fan-shafting measures though. i mean, holding the final in a country where you need a visa to go there. a fuc_king visa! embarrassingly insane that was.

seem to recall last years CL final in Moscow wasn't exactly weather friendly - albeit not snow. :D

that was just the latest in a long line of uefa's fan-shafting measures though. i mean, holding the final in a country where you need a visa to go there. a fuc_king visa! embarrassingly insane that was.

I believe Visa's were lifted for English fans who held a ticket to the game. :o

I believe Visa's were lifted for English fans who held a ticket to the game. :o

eventually they were. but only after uefa realised that there wasn't enough time between the semifinals being decided so they knew who the finalists' fans actually were and the time required to process visas to get into russia. it was an appallingly shortsighted decision.

I believe Visa's were lifted for English fans who held a ticket to the game. :D

eventually they were. but only after uefa realised that there wasn't enough time between the semifinals being decided so they knew who the finalists' fans actually were and the time required to process visas to get into russia. it was an appallingly shortsighted decision.

what's the matter stevie, you had your flight and hotel reservations made prior to the semi-final? :o

what's the matter stevie, you had your flight and hotel reservations made prior to the semi-final? :o

indeed. but i sold my hotel room booking to a united fan at a hefty profit. :D

so you suscribe to the old saying - if you cant beat us - go watch us

indeed. but i sold my hotel room booking to a united fan at a hefty profit. :D

so you suscribe to the old saying - if you cant beat us - go watch us

<deleted> off. if you can't beat them, shoot them.

Liverpool's Steven Gerrard hailed as world's best player by Zinedine Zidane

Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard is the best player in the world according to retired France international Zinedine Zidane. The legendary former Real Madrid playmaker saw his old club dismantled by Gerrard's side in midweek, when Liverpool ran out 4-0 winners at Anfield, 5-0 on aggregate.

The England international scored two of the goals and ahead the weekend's crucial trip to Old Trafford, and Zidane has claimed he is a better all-round player than Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo, the current holder of the Ballon d'Or.

"Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of Lionel Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be," said Zidane.

"If you don't have a player like Steven Gerrard, who is the engine room, it can affect the whole team.

"When we were winning league titles and European Cups at Real, I always said Claude Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself, (Luis) Figo or Raul would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard.

"When Claude left us for Chelsea I campaigned for us to buy Patrick Vieira – and Gerrard is now in the same mould as him.

"For many years Patrick was the most complete midfielder in the world and now that award must go to Gerrard."

Zidane, who has recently been linked with a return to the Bernabeu to take on a consultant's role, insisted that Gerrard's influence on the rest of the squad is what makes him a true legend at Anfield. Taking nothing away from his talent as a player the Frenchman added: "No team will be successful without a heartbeat and you can see Gerrard is that heartbeat.

"He has great passing ability, can tackle and scores goals, but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief. You can't learn that – players like him are just born with that presence."

Daily Telegraph - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ine-Zidane.html