Imobile Brand Phones?

beb

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For most of the phones they Do not offer OTA updates, you have to go to an i-mobile shop to let the staff update it for you. There is a new firmware available for the iq1. No idea about the improvements, but it does not upgrade the Android version.

• 4 weeks later...

just an update on my experience with the iMobile. If asked I would warn people away from the brand. Maybe the newer models are better but the one I bought seems have have had a never ending series of problems that frankly I'm not used to with other brands. Now I have dead spots on my screen which force me to type with the screen in landscape because portrait won't allow 3 letters.

You get what you pay for and in this case I was going for cheap.

I'm sure the quality will improve over time as they build their business but I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending.

• Like 1

just an update on my experience with the iMobile. If asked I would warn people away from the brand. Maybe the newer models are better but the one I bought seems have have had a never ending series of problems that frankly I'm not used to with other brands. Now I have dead spots on my screen which force me to type with the screen in landscape because portrait won't allow 3 letters.

I'm sure the quality will improve over time as they build their business but I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending.

I always love it when someone disses a product BUT does not say what product, how old , when bought etc.... useless.

beb.. if the phone is less than 12 mths old take it to an I-MOBILE service centre for repair or exchange.

• Like 1

I always love it when someone disses a product BUT does not say what product, how old , when bought etc.... useless.

beb.. if the phone is less than 12 mths old take it to an I-MOBILE service centre for repair or exchange.

Hmm, the way I read that, it seems to imply that I've some sort of nefarious purpose. I didn't post the information you requested because I didn't have it on hand and didn't think it that important. But now that the gauntlet has been thrown I've gone to the trouble of looking it up. I have the iStyle Q2 Duo. Bought it new around May of this year. I've already returned it when the battery was discharging spontaneously and will probably return it for this problem as well.

For those that have been happy with their imobile phones, that's great. I've been very underwhelmed. As I said, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending based on my experience.

just an update on my experience with the iMobile.  If asked I would warn people away from the brand.  Maybe the newer models are better but the one I bought seems have have had a never ending series of problems that frankly I'm not used to with other brands.  Now I have dead spots on my screen which force me to type with the screen in landscape because portrait won't allow 3 letters.  

Hmm, the way I read that, it seems to imply that I've some sort of nefarious purpose.  I didn't post the information you requested because I didn't have it on hand and didn't think it that important.  But now that the gauntlet has been thrown I've gone to the trouble of looking it up.  I have the iStyle Q2 Duo.  Bought it new around May of this year.  I've already returned it when the battery was discharging spontaneously and will probably return it for this problem as well.  

For those that have been happy with their imobile phones, that's great.  I've been very underwhelmed.  As I said, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending based on my experience.

U wouldn't feel recommending the model of the phone or the brand?:huh:

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X3A

Hmm, the way I read that, it seems to imply that I've some sort of nefarious purpose. I didn't post the information you requested because I didn't have it on hand and didn't think it that important. But now that the gauntlet has been thrown I've gone to the trouble of looking it up. I have the iStyle Q2 Duo. Bought it new around May of this year. I've already returned it when the battery was discharging spontaneously and will probably return it for this problem as well.

For those that have been happy with their imobile phones, that's great. I've been very underwhelmed. As I said, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending based on my experience.

U wouldn't feel recommending the model of the phone or the brand?huh.png

I wouldn't recommend either. As I said, maybe the newer models are better and I expect they will be as iMobile grows and improves just as most companies do. But I wouldn't tell somebody to buy one based on my experience. I'd let them make that choice on their own.

Beb. I can see you have had a few problems. Could you let me know the firmware the phone is running.

It has been upgraded many times. Last one i saw was i think version 22.

Your phone was one of the 1st smartphone models that I-mobile did. You payed about 5k for it.. there are/were not many phones with a decent specification at that price.. I am presuming that I-MOBILE repaired the fault you had?

And I hope that when you take it in they will repair the screen.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

just an update on my experience with the iMobile.  If asked I would warn people away from the brand.  Maybe the newer models are better but the one I bought seems have have had a never ending series of problems that frankly I'm not used to with other brands.  Now I have dead spots on my screen which force me to type with the screen in landscape because portrait won't allow 3 letters.  

Hmm, the way I read that, it seems to imply that I've some sort of nefarious purpose.  I didn't post the information you requested because I didn't have it on hand and didn't think it that important.  But now that the gauntlet has been thrown I've gone to the trouble of looking it up.  I have the iStyle Q2 Duo.  Bought it new around May of this year.  I've already returned it when the battery was discharging spontaneously and will probably return it for this problem as well.  

For those that have been happy with their imobile phones, that's great.  I've been very underwhelmed.  As I said, I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending based on my experience.

U wouldn't feel recommending the model of the phone or the brand?Posted Image

I wouldn't recommend either.  As I said, maybe the newer models are better and I expect they will be as iMobile grows and improves just as most companies do.  But I wouldn't tell somebody to buy one based on my experience.  I'd let them make that choice on their own.

The newer models are indeed better...but it might be unfair to strike i-mobile out of recommendation just because u owned 1 unsatisfactorily model not up to your recommendation?

No pun intended but imho...cheers...:rolleyes:

Beb. I can see you have had a few problems. Could you let me know the firmware the phone is running.

It has been upgraded many times. Last one i saw was i think version 22.

Your phone was one of the 1st smartphone models that I-mobile did. You payed about 5k for it.. there are/were not many phones with a decent specification at that price.. I am presuming that I-MOBILE repaired the fault you had?

And I hope that when you take it in they will repair the screen.

Thanks for the reply. I did pay that price and frankly would not have bought the brand except for that price since I didn't know of the quality of build. I don't know how to access the data on firmware. Could you please tell me where that would be located? Thanks!

• Like 1

U wouldn't feel recommending the model of the phone or the brand?huh.png

I wouldn't recommend either. As I said, maybe the newer models are better and I expect they will be as iMobile grows and improves just as most companies do. But I wouldn't tell somebody to buy one based on my experience. I'd let them make that choice on their own.

The newer models are indeed better...but it might be unfair to strike i-mobile out of recommendation just because u owned 1 unsatisfactorily model not up to your recommendation?

No pun intended but imho...cheers...rolleyes.gif

I suppose you can make the argument that I shouldn't make any comment on newer models since I don't own the newest. Or you can say I shouldn't give an opinion on a more expensive model since I have a cheaper end one. But it would be dishonest for me to give a recommendation on something that I cannot recommend based on my personal experience. I mean, if the owner of iMobile was my brother in law then maybe I would because I'd want to help out but they're not and they haven't done me any favors so I'll just stick to not recommending.

U wouldn't feel recommending the model of the phone or the brand?Posted Image

I wouldn't recommend either.  As I said, maybe the newer models are better and I expect they will be as iMobile grows and improves just as most companies do.  But I wouldn't tell somebody to buy one based on my experience.  I'd let them make that choice on their own.

No pun intended but imho...cheers...Posted Image

I suppose you can make the argument that I shouldn't make any comment on newer models since I don't own the newest.  Or you can say I shouldn't give an opinion on a more expensive model since I have a cheaper end one.  But it would be dishonest for me to give a recommendation on something that I cannot recommend based on my personal experience.  I mean, if the owner of iMobile was my brother in law then maybe I would because I'd want to help out but they're not and they haven't done me any favors so I'll just stick to not recommending.

No all I was suggesting was tell people the phone and problems. Confirm if it was or not repaired then as you rightly said people can decide. By the way I think your firmware should be V24 or higher. Settings. Then about phone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Get a spare bat shipped from Thailand ?

From anwhere really! Is there a battery from another phone which is combatible in the UK?

I think bangkokstick was trying to say "why dont" you get a battery shipped from Thailand...i'm not sure. I have been searching the net for someone who sells/ships I mobile phones to India where I work but have had no luck.