An Argument That All Negative Personal Feedback Here Should Be Ignored

Jingthing

Except in cases when the source is a credible and known EXPERT in the subject matter of the topic.

Examples of that would be some of the visa experts on the visa forum, well known farming experts on the farming forum, etc.

Looking at this chart, I reckon negative personalized feedback here is pretty much equivalent to youtube comments.

According to this hater expert Ann Friedman, such comments should always be IGNORED.

What percentage of the total posts on thaivisa are of this nature, negative personalized criticism comments that could be classified in the same vein as such negative comments on youtube?

I think .. A LOT!

post-37101-0-70327500-1367363136_thumb.j

I suppose referring to the chart there are ALSO plenty of "jealous ignoramuses" posting negative personally critical comments here as well.

As Friedman suggests, any negative feedback that falls into one of the
top two quadrants should be taken to heart. Any naysaying that falls
into the bottom quadrants should be brushed off.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/04/30/the_disapproval_matrix_a_handy_chart_for_understanding_your_haters.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some people come here and believe the handsome man hype and attention from women, after being a relative nobody back home they feel special. Then they come on thaivisa and meet people with better lives, better jobs and better prosects, this makes them feel bitter and jealous. Maybe this is the reason for the hatred.

Maybe not.

• Like 2

Its called freedom of speech, a concept woefully lacking in this community.

The problem on forums is it just becomes a bitchfest, the posts just become one big fighting arena and though I don't like moderation it just gets ridiculous without it.

You only have to look at you tube comments to see this.

I ran a pig farm in Thailand for 5 years, made good money, hard work, had to diversify and study the annual pig prices so i would be completely positive. Now give me a subject about MIL's telling their children how high to jump, ended up me having enough and me splitting from my missus, then I would be totally negative.

I try to be quite positive but if I have had bad experiences I will not hide them.

I don't point fingers or absolve myself from criticism but a big part of the negativism is alcohol consumption ... It is not just a factor of being drunk while posting - it is actually alcohol induced reduction in brain chemicals like serotonin and dopamine. Even when sober chronic drinkers have low serotonin and dopamine levels - which makes one a BIG CROTCHETY GROUCH ... So when the crotchety grouch arrives on line at TVF he or she is ready willing and able to deliver negativism in spades... Plus those who indulge in cocaine or other hard drugs - then they are off the charts when coming down...

I never get negative feedback because all of my posts are so witty and wise. smile.png

That would only be possible if you would have omitted all the buzz words, that automatically draw negative and / or critic comments within the first 10 posts... buzz words inlcuding but not limited to: beer bar, bar girls, Pattaya, baht bus, currency exchange, pension, tea money, BIB, politics, red shirt, traffic, Songkran, overstay, ....

Hmm... what could one be writing about without using any of these buzz words??? coffee1.gif

I never get negative feedback because all of my posts are so witty and wise. smile.png

That would only be possible if you would have omitted all the buzz words, that automatically draw negative and / or critic comments within the first 10 posts... buzz words inlcuding but not limited to: beer bar, bar girls, Pattaya, baht bus, currency exchange, pension, tea money, BIB, politics, red shirt, traffic, Songkran, overstay, ....

Hmm... what could one be writing about without using any of these buzz words??? coffee1.gif

My girlfriends hot ass??

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/636191-ridiculous-requests-from-thai-ladies/

Note. Photo included biggrin.png

Edited by theblether

My girlfriends hot ass??

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/636191-ridiculous-requests-from-thai-ladies/

Yeah... but it was only the girls pics that saved YOUR ass from being criticized...thumbsup.gif

Edited by Swiss1960

My girlfriends hot ass??

Yeah... but it was only the girls pics that saved YOUR ass from being criticized...thumbsup.gif

Aha !! You have found my secret formula !! When under pressure divert attention by bringing up the subject of beautiful girls !!

Very cunning on my part but oh so obvious too eh? biggrin.png

My girlfriends hot ass??

Aha !! You have found my secret formula !! When under pressure divert attention by bringing up the subject of beautiful girls !!

Very cunning on my part but oh so obvious too eh? biggrin.png

Yeah... but you need to be careful... if they are too stunning, their will be guys on here that will accuse you of mingling with ladyboys... giggle.gif

• Like 1

JT showed here plastically how negativism from others and negative tendencies from oneselve can consciously be avoided in order for everyone to be more happy.

Thanks, JT.!thumbsup.gif

I think it's a great OP. It was bound to draw out some tremendous examples from the bottom quadrants. However, there was no real question or point to the OP - nothing constructive, if you like, so there was nothing for top-quadrant posters to respond to.

- Except maybe for seeking endorsement of the OP's criticism of ourselves and our fellow posters.

SC

• Like 1

Jingthing, I just had your handwriting analyzed and determined that you are:

aggressive

aloof

arrogant

belligerent

big-headed

bitchy

boastful

bone-idle

boring

bossy

callous

cantankerous

careless

changeable

clinging

compulsive

conservative

cowardly

cruel

cunning

cynical

deceitful

detached

dishonest

dogmatic

domineering

finicky

flirtatious

foolish

foolhardy

fussy

greedy

grumpy

gullible

harsh

impatient

impolite

impulsive

inconsiderate

inconsistent

indecisive

indiscreet

inflexible

interfering

intolerant

introverted

irresponsible

jealous

lazy

Machiavellian

materialistic

mean

miserly

moody

narrow-minded

nasty

naughty

nervous

obsessive

obstinate

overcritical

overemotional

parsimonious

patronizing

perverse

pessimistic

pompous

possessive

pusillanimous

quarrelsome

quick-tempered

resentful

rude

ruthless

sarcastic

secretive

selfish

self-centred

self-indulgent

silly

sneaky

stingy

stubborn

stupid

superficial

tactless

timid

touchy

thoughtless

truculent

unkind

unpredictable

unreliable

untidy

untrustworthy

vague

vain

vengeful

vulgar

weak-willed

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

and long-winded

• Like 1

I just wish that matrix attached to the opening post was presented in an easier to read format

I don't point fingers or absolve myself from criticism but a big part of the negativism is alcohol consumption ... It is not just a factor of being drunk while posting - it is actually alcohol induced reduction in brain chemicals like serotonin and dopamine. Even when sober chronic drinkers have low serotonin and dopamine levels - which makes one a BIG CROTCHETY GROUCH ... So when the crotchety grouch arrives on line at TVF he or she is ready willing and able to deliver negativism in spades... Plus those who indulge in cocaine or other hard drugs - then they are off the charts when coming down...

You're trying to read it through empty glasses...

In the interests of constructive criticism, perhaps I should've said "unfilled glasses"

SC

EDIT: And still on a serious note, even though we are all as wise and witty as theBlether already, it would do us all good to remember JT's matrix when we are posting - to try and be constructive, and avoid personal insults, even when responding to posts as facile and ignorant as this one.

Also to remember that those who criticise us are limited in their perception of us by what we write, and if they have formed a negative opinion of us, that may be due to some lack of excellence in our own writing skills.

andye criticised Neversure firbein' lang-windet? Isthernaerugbyoantheday?

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 2

Jingthing, I just had your handwriting analyzed and determined that you are:

aggressive

aloof

vulgar

weak-willed

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Now I don't want to be negative... ( giggle.gifgiggle.gif ), but the least effort would have been to include an example for every letter of the alphabet...

As an alternative... how about some pics??? rolleyes.gif

The problem with the matrix is that it's effectiveness is subject to the "victim's" objectivity or lack thereof.

For example, more often then not, anyone with an opinion that differs from the "victim's" is immediately moved into the "hater" box and everything they say is ignored, while everyone that agrees with the "victim" is moved into one of the the loving-caring boxes.

• Like 1

Its called freedom of speech, a concept woefully lacking in this community.

Freedom of speech refers to political speech, not name-calling and or vulgarities.

I suppose we're all entitled to our own opinion, and, apparently, within reasonable constraints, to voice it.

'

Or the blethers favorite buzz word...........................................'.Scum.' clap2.gif

• Like 1

'

Or the blethers favorite buzz word...........................................'.Scum.' clap2.gif

I've not used that word for a while you know.......but when it's deserved, well.......coffee1.gif