Options When Non Imm "o" Visa Expires.

hello, i am 61, hold a u.k. passport, am not married to a thai national, i dont have 800,000baht or a monthly income of 65000baht. i can no longer apply for an "o" for visa for lack of funds.

first question. my present non "o" visa, issued in hull. states, this visa must be utilized by 14 june 2013.

if i leave and return to thailand on say the 13th of june will i get another 90 days? giving me 15 months in total on the visa,

i have never done this before, and has anybody ever been rejected when trying to do so..

if i do or dont get my further 90 days what are my options for a visa or extensions to allow me to stay here long term.

i will be returning to u.k. shortly if that is of any use.

many thanks in advance to the visa experts.

jerry.

You will get another 90 day entry without any problem. There is not restriction of any kind that would keep you from getting it. People do it every day.

After getting the last entry from your visa your only option would be tourist visas or a single entry non-o from a nearby embassy or consulate.

You should be able to get another multiple entry visa when your return to the UK.

Edited by ubonjoe

Do keep in mind hat there is the option of combining your income and money in the bank in Thailand. If your yearly income plus money in the bank in Thailand is more than 800,000 you still qualify for an extension of stay.

Thai Consulate Hull would require below for same visa you currently have (they do not provide O-A visas).

a) Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum £1200 per month or lumpsum of minimum £20,000

I think you need to consider marriage! A non-OA from Hull still needs money in the bank/income I think, at least until you're 65 and on a pension.

Hull cannot issue OA visas only the embassy can do that.

Hull can issue a multiple entry non-o visa. Financial proof is needed if under 65 if over then just proof getting a pension.

Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum £1200 per month or lumpsum of minimum £20,000

Edited by ubonjoe

You will get another 90 day entry without any problem. There is not restriction of any kind that would keep you from getting it. People do it every day.

After getting the last entry from your visa your only option would be tourist visas or a single entry non-o from a nearby embassy or consulate.

You should be able to get another multiple entry visa when your return to the UK.

what are the financial requirements for a single entry non o and is there a reccomended nearby embassy or consulate to obtain this visa?

To the OP, 1st off yes go to a boarder and get your last 90 days.......

There are lots of people that have to wait 2 or 3 years to get there pension and are NOT married to a Thai...... best option is Google - Thai Consulates get there phone No and ask, there are some in Asia that will still issue a '0' for 1 year, appears a personal one on one phone call will advise......... as for showing funds again very mixed, but over 100,000 appear OK............. Also there are Triple Visa's some will offer with 6 months valid, so good for 9 months...

Important you need to find out how long before you get Passport back... some same day some up to 5 days later..

If doing it on the cheap, many of the budget airlines to get a good price need to book 3 months in advance, eg: one place I looked at yesterday book to go end of this month = 12,800 baht, book to go in September 4,885 baht. both all in price return......... check and re check dates, can make thousand's of baht difference, 600 baht extra hotel night , can save 3+ thousand baht air fare by going a day or 2 later...

Go to Laos is an option for a double entry TR Visa with 2 extension = almost 6 months......... Laos issue Triple entry but only valid for 90 days so rather pointless. not sure of limit, know many that have 3x double entry back to back, one guy 64 has 7 with no issue or warnings..

what are the financial requirements for a single entry non o and is there a reccomended nearby embassy or consulate to obtain this visa?

For single entry visa there is no requirement for financial proof.

Where to go depends on where you are living and how much you want to pay for the trip. From Bangkok Vientiane Laos is the best location. From Phuket it would be Penang.

If you don't have the full 800,000 or monthly pension you can do a combination of money in the bank and pension to reach the goal amount.

Google Key Visa and contact them as to what to do? The information here is good but we are not professionals email them and tell them you are a member of the Pattaya Expat Club and some peace of mind?

Good afternoon to all the posters.

Some good info here, thanks.

Can I just sum it up and have I got it right. After expiration of my 12 month non-immigrant 'O' visa the options are:-

-from Isan go to Vientiane and get double entry tourist visa

-go to Vientiane and get a single entry non-immigrant 'O' which is valid for one year but effectively as I would return straight away over the bridge only gives me a 90 day stay

-return to UK and get another multiple entry non-immigrant 'O'

-or using the 65,000 per month/800,000 lump sum or a mixture apply for a retirement visa 'O-A'

If I have got it right just a yes or no suffices, thanks.

Instead of applying for a new non-O/A visa in the UK you can apply for a one-year extension of stay at your local immigration office in Thailand. That would be the best solution.

You don't say when the non-O/A visa you currently have will expire. If you make a last entry into Thailand one day before the "enter before" prited on the visa you will again receive permission to stay for one year. During this year you will have to make the 90-notifications of staying longer than 90 days in Thailand, and before travelling out of Thailand you must get a re-entry permit to keep your extension alive.

Instead of applying for a new non-O/A visa in the UK you can apply for a one-year extension of stay at your local immigration office in Thailand. That would be the best solution.

You don't say when the non-O/A visa you currently have will expire. If you make a last entry into Thailand one day before the "enter before" prited on the visa you will again receive permission to stay for one year. During this year you will have to make the 90-notifications of staying longer than 90 days in Thailand, and before travelling out of Thailand you must get a re-entry permit to keep your extension alive.

My non-immigrant 'O' expires November 13 and if I go out and come back over the bridge I will get a 90 day permit to stay.

How can I receive permission to stay for one year. I am not on a retirement 'O-A' visa which requires my income or a lump sum to be shown. I am also not married.

I haven't heard that the local immigration office can give a one year extension on my visa which is for people 50-64 and was applied for in Hull. Can you give any info re this.

And for the above you fill out the normal TM.7 form and pay 1,900 baht fee. Copies of passport/departure card and proof of financials. Takes about 15-30 minutes at immigration office serving your location (have some proof of where living).

Sadly info giving to questions never appears to answer what is asked........

Yes most know of the 800,000 baht or 65,000 month or a combination of the 2.....

But as in this topic as well as many other, poster's still have 2 or 3 years to go before receiving a pension, and do not have the full 800,000 baht,

So the question still remains, what Visa can 60 yr old + get and from where, as the Immigration 1 year extension will be fine in a couple of years doing the combination..

Myself find that most Consulates or Embassies DO NOT reply to emails.. Also phoning often do not get a clear answer, I have in the past phoned a good few Consulates, almost all give a different answer, phone a Visa Agent will get a different answer again.

Where is is possible to get a clear straight forward answer ?

There was one question and it was answered in first reply (yes he will obtain a new 90 day stay). Poster did not say anything about not having pension or income (only that it was not 65k). We have also provided alternatives in the event he has and would like to use a combination to obtain extensions of stay.

Just as an extra.

If you go to immigration and get the O-A based on lump sum or income do they issue single or multiple entry visas. I could stay for one year but always like to have the option to nip in and out when I want to.

Sometimes just need that short trip to Vientiane for the food, wine lists and a change of scenery but don't want to have to do it every three months.

Immigration issues extensions of stay which do not allow any entry - if you want to travel and return you buy a re-entry permit after getting extension. These are available single at 1,000 baht or multi at 3,800 baht.

The O-A visa is only issued by a Consulate in home country with medical and police as well as financial reports and can be single entry or multi entry at different prices.

Immigration issues extensions of stay which do not allow any entry - if you want to travel and return you buy a re-entry permit after getting extension. These are available single at 1,000 baht or multi at 3,800 baht.

The O-A visa is only issued by a Consulate in home country with medical and police as well as financial reports and can be single entry or multi entry at different prices.

Merci beaucoup lopburi